St Kilda's development and drafting

Remove this Banner Ad

They gave up a lot for Carlisle

Sacking Richardson is the first step, hes a deadbeat. I don't mind the idea of trading Steven even though he's the heart and soul of the club, how else can they get first round picks? Delist Stevens for sure, play Dunstan
Don't get me wrong the saints are totally ****ed but people always say we gave up a lot for carlisle and it isnt true. We got carlisle and gresham. The bombers got aaron francis

This is the video I was referring to. His disposals didn't really impact. Ollie is a lot more impacting but his disposal efficiency is hurt because he pack gets. Dunstan does not.

as i said that's one game.
look he aint ollie wines, but he's our best young inside mid, and with decent coaching he could develop into a very, very good mid. the problem at the saints isn't the talent - it's the very poor development of them. the irony is we have a very good development coach - unfortunately he's got the top gig, and isn't near as good at it.

They gave up a lot for Carlisle

Sacking Richardson is the first step, hes a deadbeat. I don't mind the idea of trading Steven even though he's the heart and soul of the club, how else can they get first round picks? Delist Stevens for sure, play Dunstan
No we didnt

Ever since we belted Richmond last year, we’ve been garbage, like utter shithouse. To put it in perspective we were in 4th? Maybe 3rd in the live ladder early in the 3rd quarter of that match and above Richmond, I think we’ve won two games since, They won the flag

I'm not sure what the saints would have taken but we gave one first round pick and got carlisle plus a first round in return why does everyone lie about this trade?

I think the saints gave more than only 1 pick in that trade , maybe don's supporters can tell us ?
If the saints had kept the pick Charlie Curnow was available ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rebuild has been pretty half-baked.

Lots of mid-range selections and their top picks in McCartin and Billings probably wont end up being elite players. In fact, McCartin will be lucky to be a solid player. Billings has a s**t tonne of talent but tends to coast.

They did well in the draft last year and I can see Coffield and Clark being elite at their peak. Acres is genuinely good too.

A new coach would do plenty for them.

Time to rebuild. Hit the draft and build around ross, billings and carlisle. everyone else should be trade bait.

Trade Steven. Hes 28 and a team like Adelaide may give up 2 first rounders like they did for Gibbs.

Give McCartin to Blues.
Lol still trying to claim 2 first blues supporters. Its one first effectively once you compare the picks between 2017 and 2018.. especially given the strength of the two drafts. Do that deal evey day of the week and very glad we waited a year to achieve a fair deal.

Lol still trying to claim 2 first blues supporters. Its one first effectively once you compare the picks between 2017 and 2018.. especially given the strength of the two drafts. Do that deal evey day of the week and very glad we waited a year to achieve a fair deal.
Still in denial? Its black and white, you gave up 2 first rounders for a 29 yr old.

This fact has been reported in the herald sun, foxsports and even adelaidenow so no excuse for saying you dont get the paper or fast internet in south australia.

Its a win-win though, I agree. Youre in your window and we needed more young talent

Still in denial? Its black and white, you gave up 2 first rounders for a 29 yr old.

This fact has been reported in the herald sun, foxsports and even adelaidenow so no excuse for saying you dont get the paper or fast internet in south australia.

Its a +win-win though, I agree. Youre in your window and we needed more young talent
Thank you so much for biting.
Afc website:
In a deal that presents much better value for the Club than what was proposed 12 months ago, the Crows acquire Gibbs, Carlton’s future second-round and third-round picks and this year’s pick 77 in exchange for picks 10 and 16, Adelaide’s future second-round selection and this year’s pick 73.

Pick 10 2017 to Carlton.
Pick 15 2017 to carlton, get Carltons 2018 second back. Given Carlton are likely to finish bottom 4 this pick becomes pick 20 or 21. So 6 pick downgrade. 2018 pick 20 likely to be better than pick 15 2017 as well, so win for afc there. This pick alone defeats your argument of two firsts.
Adelaides future second for Carltons future 3rd. Effectively pick 35 for pick 39. Not much difference really. Id back afcs recruiting here though.

Youve been conned by SOS wanting to present two firsts when for a matter of fact its essentially pick 10 in a relatively weak draft year and a trade of a likely average player at pick 15 2017 to a pretty good player in 2018.

Don't get me wrong the saints are totally ****** but people always say we gave up a lot for carlisle and it isnt true. We got carlisle and gresham. The bombers got aaron francis

And pick 24 to the Bombers.

Don’t understand what Koby Stevens brings to the table and how he gets a game ahead of Dunstan, who’s kicking admittedly is very poor. Savage, Bruce, Brown, Steele, Longer...they’ve brought in some ordinary talent.

Doubts on Dunstan, Sinclair, Newnes, Webster although he was ok yesterday.

Players seemed clueless yesterday dealing with North’s defensive zone set up, Richardson was out coached. Bbut really the issue is the list, it really lacks excitement.

Looking at fixture they’re going to be in some trouble come mid year

Thank you so much for biting.
Afc website:
In a deal that presents much better value for the Club than what was proposed 12 months ago, the Crows acquire Gibbs, Carlton’s future second-round and third-round picks and this year’s pick 77 in exchange for picks 10 and 16, Adelaide’s future second-round selection and this year’s pick 73.

Pick 10 2017 to Carlton.
Pick 15 2017 to carlton, get Carltons 2018 second back. Given Carlton are likely to finish bottom 4 this pick becomes pick 20 or 21. So 6 pick downgrade. 2018 pick 20 likely to be better than pick 15 2017 as well, so win for afc there. This pick alone defeats your argument of two firsts.
Adelaides future second for Carltons future 3rd. Effectively pick 35 for pick 39. Not much difference really. Id back afcs recruiting here though.

Youve been conned by SOS wanting to present two firsts when for a matter of fact its essentially pick 10 in a relatively weak draft year and a trade of a likely average player at pick 15 2017 to a pretty good player in 2018.
pick 10 and pick 16 = 2 first rounders. can you not count? we then swap second rounders and some later round movement too.

This should not be so hard for you to grasp.

Edit:

Everyone but Adelaide: 2 first rounders with some later round swaps.

Adelaide: 10 page essays on why they think its not 2 first rounders

pick 10 and pick 16 = 2 first rounders. can you not count? we then swap second rounders and some later round movement too.

This should not be so hard for you to grasp.
Clearly you’re just going to ignore the facts in my post in an attempt to claim the higher ground on a misguided belief. Have a nice day.

They had a real bad one yesterday.

It's best just to set that game aside and analyse them further down the track.

I suspect the coach may be an issue. Brad Scott took him to the cleaners.

Other than Steven and Billings, which players have genuine Star quality? Ross possibly. Gresham could be a future star. Of course there’s questions marks on Clark and Coffield.
There seems a lot of similar types who are good players but not game changers.
Not convinced Richo is a senior coach either. We’ll see how they recover from the shocker yesterday. But they would have penciled in 2-0 once the fixture was released.

Other than Steven and Billings, which players have genuine Star quality? Ross possibly. Gresham could be a future star. Of course there’s questions marks on Clark and Coffield.
There seems a lot of similar types who are good players but not game changers.
Not convinced Richo is a senior coach either. We’ll see how they recover from the shocker yesterday. But they would have penciled in 2-0 once the fixture was released.
They have a lot of solid players but nothing at the top end. Coaching has been ok, what moves would you do differently. Need to either trade in elite talent or hit draft hard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back