FTA-TV Survivor 40 (Winners at War)

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't help noticing that way back in season 7 we saw the 3rd player out finish in the runner up chair. Thoughts on outcast vs EoE format given they have both seen early boots with a chance at being crowned winner.
It's not as bad as EOE but still a very bad twist.

The way it worked out on Pearl Islands though made the season much more entertaining. Without it, Morgan probably takes control over Drake at the merge so the end game is Savage, Tijuana, Darrah and Ryano, instead of Sandra, Fairplay, Burton and Lil

Couldn't help noticing that way back in season 7 we saw the 3rd player out finish in the runner up chair. Thoughts on outcast vs EoE format given they have both seen early boots with a chance at being crowned winner.
Do you think there's any Jury that would give Lil a million?

Burton and Rick Devins would have made decent winners.
Cambodia was great.
Cambodia is probably the best. Maybe it's because they weren't given the summer to properly pre-game?

PI, Cagayan, Amazon, China and Gabon.

All star seasons are grossly overrated.
For me the seasons of returning players that don't work were the ones that had an imbalence in threat levels, namely All Stars and Game Changers. Having some people have pre-concieved ideas of who the threats are means some people have a massive disadvantage coming into the game which goes against the essence of the show. HvV and WaW did this better although still not perfect (HvV cast pretty much everyone was a winner or finalist, WaW all winners). Camboda is probably the most even returnee season, everyone is a maximum 1 time player only who had lost, there was no-one in that season who was a stand out threat.

Do you think there's any Jury that would give Lil a million?

Burton and Rick Devins would have made decent winners.

Cambodia is probably the best. Maybe it's because they weren't given the summer to properly pre-game?
That's a very good point about the pre-game, reading a lot of the fallout from WaW it seems pre-gaming played a huge role. I don't think we'll see an all returnee season for a while but when they do I think Second Chance 2 is the format they'll go for, hopefully they send them out straight from the reunion show again.

For me the seasons of returning players that don't work were the ones that had an imbalence in threat levels, namely All Stars and Game Changers. Having some people have pre-concieved ideas of who the threats are means some people have a massive disadvantage coming into the game which goes against the essence of the show. HvV and WaW did this better although still not perfect (HvV cast pretty much everyone was a winner or finalist, WaW all winners). Camboda is probably the most even returnee season, everyone is a maximum 1 time player only who had lost, there was no-one in that season who was a stand out threat.
The good thing about Cambodia was that it was a cast that did really well enough in their original season and whom the audience thought were worthy of a second season. We all felt like they deserved a spot in the cast. The same could be said for the majority of HvV. But seasons like All Stars and Game Changers had us questioning that, whether they deserved a spot.

even though WaW was was all winners, we had two distinct sets of player types, and it was obviously of the clash. As an audience, some people value the old school, while other value new school, so it was never going to be an even game. Rob’s tactics just don’t work now. And we had some players that we thought should not have played, like Adam.

Doing some research about The Amazon season after I just rewatched it and at the time I didn't realise the whole season had been leaked before being aired and that the edit of Matt and Jenna was a big talking point on the forums as people were watching the show.

I find it very believable that Christie voted for the wrong person, Imagine the fallout if it was the deciding vote!

The good thing about Cambodia was that it was a cast that did really well enough in their original season and whom the audience thought were worthy of a second season. We all felt like they deserved a spot in the cast. The same could be said for the majority of HvV. But seasons like All Stars and Game Changers had us questioning that, whether they deserved a spot.

even though WaW was was all winners, we had two distinct sets of player types, and it was obviously of the clash. As an audience, some people value the old school, while other value new school, so it was never going to be an even game. Rob’s tactics just don’t work now. And we had some players that we thought should not have played, like Adam.

I thought Adam brought plenty to WAW and ended up deserving his spot. He was entertaining, though I can agree he probably wouldn’t be in my first 20 winners picked. Would’ve loved to see any of Hatch, Todd, Fabio and Chris instead of Wendell, Ben and maybe Nick.

Last edited:
I thought Adam brought plenty to WAW and ended up deserving his spot. He was entertaining, though I can agree he probably wouldn’t be in my first 20 winners picked. Would’ve loved to see any of Hatch, Todd, Fabio and Chris instead of Wendell, Ben and maybe Nick.
Wendell was poor this season but he was definitely deserving of a spot.

His win in Ghost Island (with Dom) was one of my favourites

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they need to freshen up the Idol situation as too many players now know to wake up early the day after an Idol is played.

Russell was ahead of his time in season 19 looking for Idols straight away without clues and it seems it has evolved to this new level 20 seasons later.

Easiest way to do that would be to actually need a clue to find it.
I don't know why they've never fully embraced hiding them at challenges. Every time they've done it has been good

I think they need to freshen up the Idol situation as too many players now know to wake up early the day after an Idol is played.

Russell was ahead of his time in season 19 looking for Idols straight away without clues and it seems it has evolved to this new level 20 seasons later.

Wat about do away with them with one season altogether?

Ochre , the cast for this weeks Sequester is International Survivor.
Fishbach, Adam Klein, Michelle Fitzgerald, Andrea, including more. Then Nick, Harry, Anneleise and Tess from Aus. And other players from the Kiwi and Saffers version.
Good group from Aus, one wonders how only half were on all stars

Ochre , the cast for this weeks Sequester is International Survivor.
Fishbach, Adam Klein, Michelle Fitzgerald, Andrea, including more. Then Nick, Harry, Anneleise and Tess from Aus. And other players from the Kiwi and Saffers version.
It's a great cast, but I'm worried the ten US players will just team up and take control. They had a Big Brother US v Canada one which just ended up being two big alliances going at each other.

It's a great cast, but I'm worried the ten US players will just team up and take control. They had a Big Brother US v Canada one which just ended up being two big alliances going at each other.
I watched the BB one. There was a bit of pregaming happening. But I remember it bring a good split in the jury. And the Final 2 was one from each.

I agree, though, seeing 50% is from one country, and then scattering of other countries, you could see a US jury.

I watched the BB one. There was a bit of pregaming happening. But I remember it bring a good split in the jury. And the Final 2 was one from each.

I agree, though, seeing 50% is from one country, and then scattering of other countries, you could see a US jury.

Yeah, the worry for me is the US know each other better than the non US know each other, and Adam and Fishbach are the only US players who I reckon would have even seen non US Survivor. Maybe Shirin too.

That said, they've picked 6 huge Survivor fans for Aus/NZ, so I reckon they'd all know each other well enough. Really need to watch SA one day.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back