FTA-TV Survivor 41

Remove this Banner Ad

I kind of hope Xander wins because he has been at the bottom the whole game yet still has an idol. Not sure if he has enough people who like him on the jury though.
My power rankings (lol i am useless at these usually) are
Danny (cos i reckon the preview for next week spoilt things)
Erika
Xander
Ricard
DeShaun
Heather (no way she can win but she will definitely be final 3)

Last edited:
When was the Floyd verdict and wats the year got to do with whether or not they get news on a beach in Fiji when they are playing a game that depicts itself as isolated?
Thought you might have thought it was filmed last year during the protests.

Think the verdict was in April, a month or two before this was filmed.

Is this just based on airtime?

you might be right, this was his week to go and he gets saved by the twist.

Someone else will probably have the target on their back for the next episode.

Both at this point to be honest. I think he is seen as the second best player in the game behind Ricard which is the spot you want to be in at F6. Cant say he was "saved" by the twist for mine. He could have been taken out of the game purely by chance and until a vote has actually played out i wouldnt be sure he would have definitely been taken out there. But yeah also his air time has been pretty significant. We were always cutting back to storylines showing him running the blue tribe early days when there was nothing much going on there

I kind of hope Xander wins because he has been at the bottom the whole game yet still has an idol. Not sure if he has enough people who like him on the jury though.
My power rankings (lol i am useless at these usually) are
Danny (cos i reckon the preview for next week spoilt things)
Erika
Xander
Ricard
DeShaun
Heather (no way she can win but she will definitely be final 3)

They clearly don't rate Xander at all as if they did they would have removed that idol ages ago. Xander not playing the idol is his best pitch at the moment and the jury will be like, yeah, so what, we could have taken it out if we really wanted to. Ricard made a lame play at one point to try and con him into playing it but otherwise they have just left him be.

I think Xander would need to win the last immunity challenge, take Heather, then give up his spot to Erika and beat Ricard/Danny/Deshawn in fire making to be a chance.

Kind of ironic the straight, white male is actually the minority here though.

They clearly don't rate Xander at all as if they did they would have removed that idol ages ago. Xander not playing the idol is his best pitch at the moment and the jury will be like, yeah, so what, we could have taken it out if we really wanted to. Ricard made a lame play at one point to try and con him into playing it but otherwise they have just left him be.

I think Xander would need to win the last immunity challenge, take Heather, then give up his spot to Erika and beat Ricard/Danny/Deshawn in fire making to be a chance.

Kind of ironic the straight, white male is actually the minority here though.

The fact Shan had been singing how dangerous Xander is and how they need to flush his idol for awhile will be in his favour i think. They ballsed it up at the Tiffany vote and since just havent really been capable of organising a split vote

Thought you might have thought it was filmed last year during the protests.

Think the verdict was in April, a month or two before this was filmed.
Shan or someone talked about watching the trial in Fiji while they were waiting to start filming.

Enjoyed the episode, not necessarily the twist however. Well done to Deshawn in sticking to his instincts.

Watched it via the 9now app and for whatever reason it cut off after the next week preview and didn’t show who placed their votes where. But in reading this thread it appears Xander used his extra vote. He’s playing a very good game so far.

And i dont watch survivor to be preached too. Its fine to mention it ( i got emotional when Deshawn cried) but going on and on bored me.

the wokeness is nauseating
As for the discussion at TC, sorry but I felt nothing from it, probably because I've heard these discussions plenty of times before.

You come off as incredibly racist by suggesting that a POC sharing their reality - a reality that is different to ours, and is no doubt difficult in the USA - is "preachy", "wokeness" or repetitive.

Take it from a minority - all we want is for you to hear us. (Not "listen" - there's a difference. We want you to hear us.")

Hear how our experiences are different to yours, and how things you take for granted are different for others - in my case I'm dealing with religious stigmatisation and the impact that's had on familial relationships, along with all the other "micro discriminations" that people don't think about, cos there aren't that many of us (and cis men only make up less than half of the queer community.) Things like not being able to give blood or foster a child. (If you've ever given blood - which hopefully most of you have - you might remember a box that asks if you've engaged in homosexual sex. Ever. And if you have, they show you the door. Unlawful discrimination that has been allowed to continue as though it's the 1980s and we're still watching the Grim Reaper without having learned anything about sexual health, and apparently without any developments in medicine that prevent HIV being passed on through blood transfusions.)

What Liana is talking about is the that that her or Danny or Deshawn are over 3 times more likely to be shot by a police officer than other players in the game. They left America for quarantine having only just inaugurated Biden - so consider also what it must've been like to be a person of colour in Trumpian America, where it wasn't even casual racism that was normalised, but overt racism that became policy, became entertainment, and became a reason that some people voted for a President and rioted at the Capitol without any of them being tried for treason.

That's why "last year" (ie. George Floyd) was significant - there was some really compelling, heartbreaking footage that should shown everyone what white privilege is - cos a white person isn't assaulted by multiple police over $20, kneeling on him for 9 minutes and killing him. And given the timing of the series - if you're engaged in US societal issues and politics, people shouldn't be offended that they bonded over their blackness, they should've expected it.

If you can't deal with POC and LGBTQI+ people telling their whole stories - their whole stories, rather than just being the black player who is playing for his dad or his brother who died young, or the gay person talking about how that experience impacts them as people rather than as players?

I don't think Survivor is the show for you any more. Clearly this is the way the show is going.

The most interesting thing to me is a hypothetical, cos you'd never want to see it again to actually find out - but I'd be intrigued to see how Varner/Zeke would've been handled in "new Survivor", and I suspect the narrative around other prominent gay players like Tai changes significantly if they played now. *, we've had a bunch of Survivor contestants who were clearly happy to be out, because they'd invited same sex partners to the family reward - but you didn't even know they were queer until then. That shouldn't happen if the contestant wants to be open about it, and wants to be a positive queer role model, and I don't think it will happen in the new Survivor, we're going to get a more well-rounded view of who the players are.

You come off as incredibly racist by suggesting that a POC sharing their reality - a reality that is different to ours, and is no doubt difficult in the USA - is "preachy", "wokeness" or repetitive.

Take it from a minority - all we want is for you to hear us. (Not "listen" - there's a difference. We want you to hear us.")

Hear how our experiences are different to yours, and how things you take for granted are different for others - in my case I'm dealing with religious stigmatisation and the impact that's had on familial relationships, along with all the other "micro discriminations" that people don't think about, cos there aren't that many of us (and cis men only make up less than half of the queer community.) Things like not being able to give blood or foster a child. (If you've ever given blood - which hopefully most of you have - you might remember a box that asks if you've engaged in homosexual sex. Ever. And if you have, they show you the door. Unlawful discrimination that has been allowed to continue as though it's the 1980s and we're still watching the Grim Reaper without having learned anything about sexual health, and apparently without any developments in medicine that prevent HIV being passed on through blood transfusions.)

What Liana is talking about is the that that her or Danny or Deshawn are over 3 times more likely to be shot by a police officer than other players in the game. They left America for quarantine having only just inaugurated Biden - so consider also what it must've been like to be a person of colour in Trumpian America, where it wasn't even casual racism that was normalised, but overt racism that became policy, became entertainment, and became a reason that some people voted for a President and rioted at the Capitol without any of them being tried for treason.

That's why "last year" (ie. George Floyd) was significant - there was some really compelling, heartbreaking footage that should shown everyone what white privilege is - cos a white person isn't assaulted by multiple police over $20, kneeling on him for 9 minutes and killing him. And given the timing of the series - if you're engaged in US societal issues and politics, people shouldn't be offended that they bonded over their blackness, they should've expected it.

If you can't deal with POC and LGBTQI+ people telling their whole stories - their whole stories, rather than just being the black player who is playing for his dad or his brother who died young, or the gay person talking about how that experience impacts them as people rather than as players?

I don't think Survivor is the show for you any more. Clearly this is the way the show is going.

The most interesting thing to me is a hypothetical, cos you'd never want to see it again to actually find out - but I'd be intrigued to see how Varner/Zeke would've been handled in "new Survivor", and I suspect the narrative around other prominent gay players like Tai changes significantly if they played now. fu**, we've had a bunch of Survivor contestants who were clearly happy to be out, because they'd invited same sex partners to the family reward - but you didn't even know they were queer until then. That shouldn't happen if the contestant wants to be open about it, and wants to be a positive queer role model, and I don't think it will happen in the new Survivor, we're going to get a more well-rounded view of who the players are.

lol - sorry bro still nauseating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most interesting thing to me is a hypothetical, cos you'd never want to see it again to actually find out - but I'd be intrigued to see how Varner/Zeke would've been handled in "new Survivor", and I suspect the narrative around other prominent gay players like Tai changes significantly if they played now. fu**, we've had a bunch of Survivor contestants who were clearly happy to be out, because they'd invited same sex partners to the family reward - but you didn't even know they were queer until then. That shouldn't happen if the contestant wants to be open about it, and wants to be a positive queer role model, and I don't think it will happen in the new Survivor, we're going to get a more well-rounded view of who the players are.

Brave post, thank you for sharing that. Hope you are okay 👍🏼

one that opened up with an accusation that i am ‘incredibly racist’ because i don’t want woke politics and crying infiltrating a game show i have enjoyed for years to the extent the host can’t say “come on in, guys”

As I said then, it’s not the show for you any more. Bad luck, go find something else.

Your unwillingness to hear and engage with other peoples stories and realities means you are a racist, revelling in deliberate ignorance to try and justify it. You’re probably an arsehole as well.

As I said then, it’s not the show for you any more. Bad luck, go find something else.

Your unwillingness to hear and engage with other peoples stories and realities means you are a racist, revelling in deliberate ignorance to try and justify it. You’re probably an arsehole as well.

maybe. or maybe i just want to watch survivor for what it is and not tune in for amateur social commentary from 21 year old undergrads with views like this:

Why do you believe you can win Survivor? I believe I can be the final Survivor because too often, women of color are overlooked and undervalued. Whether that's in my business classes dominated by white men who feel entitled to the space they take up or in future workplaces, it iswomen of color who have nurtured and cared for others throughout history. If there was ever a person who was strong enough mentally, physically and emotionally to take on a game full of odds – a woman of color, a woman like me and the women I come from would be the one to do
it

you mentioned zeke earlier. zeke was a very good and likeable player, and when he was outed for being trans (which was a dog act) - that discussion was interesting because it related to something that had happened in the game, and how that intersected with issues outside the game.

the difference this season is external issues are being directly raised when they are not relevant to the game, and distract from it.

what has happened this season is nauseating and turning people off the game. 2 minutes of google shows other famous players like parvati and russell haintz have the same or similar opinions.

Last edited:
the difference this season is external issues are being directly raised when they have are not relevant to the game, and distract from it.
It was directly relevant in this case though because Deshawn felt conflicted in pulling the trigger on the move to take out Shan because of the social dynamics of it.

You are the one that needs to leave.

Champ.

what has happened this season is nauseating and turning people off the game. 2 minutes of google shows other famous players like parvati and russell haintz have the same or similar opinions.
Russell doesn't like the current season of Survivor? Definitely something that's only ever applied to this current season and not every season since they stopped asking him back.

And you must've seen something Parvati said that I can't find.

The show became a revelation on the back of the friendship between the naked, gay guy and the ex marine.

They've probably been over the top in some regards this season, but only after being rightly criticised for the lack of representation they've had previously, so if they want to make up for it now, that's fine with me.

As always, I just ignore the boring stuff and enjoy the usual dynamics of the game.

Go Xander!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back