Banter The Adelaide Board Politics/COVID Thread Part 2 (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's exactly why it shouldn't be left to the Supreme Court and is back where it belongs in the hands of the people via their elected representatives. Now it's up to a few states to cede to the will of the people. Although, that map seemed to show that nearly all of America is more progressive then Europe and similar to here. So it's hard to know where all the emotion from a few in here comes from. They should at least understand the legal componentry before arriving at their turbo charged positions.
The emotion coming from the misinformed thinking USA have banned abortions and posting abusing others not understanding the subject they are dealing with.

The emotion coming from the misinformed thinking USA have banned abortions and posting abusing others not understanding the subject they are dealing with.
And watch the left weaponise it as an election issue as they get absolutely desperate leading into mid terms. They will lie, misinform etc to play a narrative and their cheerleaders in the media will dance to whatever tune needed

And watch the left weaponise it as an election issue as they get absolutely desperate leading into mid terms. They will lie, misinform etc to play a narrative and their cheerleaders in the media will dance to whatever tune needed

This could be said about numerous issues, on both sides of politics in the US.

This could be said about numerous issues, on both sides of politics in the US.
I tell you what though, i'll take a wild guess that abortion lies and misinformation (ie lying that the supreme court has made abortion illegal) will get far far more air play than huge democrat caused issues wrecking the country like crime, mass immigration and drug supply being allowed to flood across the southern border, inflation even on the likes of CNN, MSDNC, ABC, NY times, Washington Post etc. I'll bet the big tech algorithms on your google search, facebook feed etc will be set to highlight abortion and supress down on the border chaos, crime etc so when we search for us election, there will be the articles spruiking abortion (and probable the sham jan 6th witch hunt) coming up first. Anything to try and get their side up no matter that consequences to the country.

Knock me over with a feather if it does not play out like that

13 states have immediately made abortions illegal because of this court action... so what misunderstanding is there...

13 states have immediately made abortions illegal because of this court action... so what misunderstanding is there...

If they were illegal prior to 1973 than all they’ve done is returned to the status quo the Supreme Court took away from them.

At some point in the future it will be an election issue in each of these states — then it will be up to the electorate to decide.

Roe v Wade took that option away.

It’s as simple as that.

If they were illegal prior to 1973 than all they’ve done is returned to the status quo the Supreme Court took away from them.

At some point in the future it will be an election issue in each of these states — then it will be up to the electorate to decide.

Roe v Wade took that option away.

It’s as simple as that.
Return the status quo = going back to the dark ages.

Would you be happy to revert back to stopping women voting too?

Most modern societies progress... but not the USA.

Did you even read that article?

Those 13 states will be doing - now stay with me as the below is straight out of your article

Some of the trigger laws ban abortions almost completely, while others outlaw abortion after six weeks or 15 weeks.

Now almost and after 6 weeks or 15 weeks might be quite restrictive but its not made them illegal. And as myself and others point out, its a democracy and people can vote out those they don't want and vote in those they do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don’t get it, Kane.

This decision puts it back into the hands of the voters. What’s your problem with that?

You’re saying you prefer laws to be handed down by unelected representatives of the judiciary.

If that’s your view, fine, but at least try and understand the point you’re making, because at the moment you don’t.

Did you even read that article?

Those 13 states will be doing - now stay with me as the below is straight out of your article

Some of the trigger laws ban abortions almost completely, while others outlaw abortion after six weeks or 15 weeks.

Now almost and after 6 weeks or 15 weeks might be quite restrictive but its not made them illegal. And as myself and others point out, its a democracy and people can vote out those they don't want and vote in those they do
Yes, some states are banning abortions completely.

Are they the 3rd world?

I tell you what though, i'll take a wild guess that abortion lies and misinformation (ie lying that the supreme court has made abortion illegal) will get far far more air play than huge democrat caused issues wrecking the country like crime, mass immigration and drug supply being allowed to flood across the southern border, inflation even on the likes of CNN, MSDNC, ABC, NY times, Washington Post etc. I'll bet the big tech algorithms on your google search, facebook feed etc will be set to highlight abortion and supress down on the border chaos, crime etc so when we search for us election, there will be the articles spruiking abortion (and probable the sham jan 6th witch hunt) coming up first. Anything to try and get their side up no matter that consequences to the country.

Again... This could be said about numerous issues, on both sides of politics in the US.

Return the status quo = going back to the dark ages.

Would you be happy to revert back to stopping women voting too?

Most modern societies progress... but not the USA.

The problem with the USA is that because judges are chosen on the back of their political beliefs, we always see decisions that align with the party narrative. Australian and UK political parties really can be separated by very little and when each other are in governance, things tend to run smoothly that a politically ignorant person couldn't really tell the difference. In the USA however, each party when in power, loves to dictate to the other half how to live. The issue on guns and now abortion, the upcoming attack on gay marriage (it is suspected the supreme court will dissolve it, its being speculated right now) is purely exactly this. This dictatorial approach on the other half has create a huge and nasty political divide that is getting bigger, so much so that the parties can no longer work together on bipartisan issues. As such, the USA is essentially stuck in a political time warp that moves further away from what modern society needs.

Again... This could be said about numerous issues, on both sides of politics in the US.
You missed my point, sure there are issues that both sides will want to push. The big difference is one side (The Democrats) has the corporate main stream media and big tech batting for it so its unlikely we will hear much on the other side's talking points.

An impartial media that reported facts as its modus operandi would be fatal for the Democrats in the upcoming elections

are you disagreeing with that statement?

I posted yesterday that the Democrats and their establishment media lackeys want the abortion debate front and centre. They've got nothing else to run on. They've had opportunities to codify abortion rights and never have.

Where do you get your facts from?

Defunding the police will go down in history as the single dumbest thing politicians have ever done for votes. Lets face it, they didnt do it to save lives they did it to win the black community votes. It was pathetic and those politicians are now finding themselves out of a job. De Blasio became the most hated man in NYC on the back of that as crime rates soured. Not only did he get it so embarrassingly wrong, he is single handedly responsible for getting people killed.
The Settle case is not a Defunding Police Issue,
It must be noted that the new Mayor was voted in on a platform of rejecting calls to defund the police,
The current issue in Settle is Covid depleting the workforce. alongside the actual Departments priorities, not Defunding.

The stupid thing is that if they blame the SC and refuse to shift focus, they'll be campaigning to unelected ideologues who will never overturn their overturn. They got a free ride for a few decades, the error has been corrected, time to stop crying over something they have no control over and begin lobbying the relevant state governments. It's going to be a lot easier now than how it was 40 odd years ago.

Unless they're going to extend the right to privacy to any personal actions or acceptances.

I posted yesterday that the Democrats and their establishment media lackeys want the abortion debate front and centre. They've got nothing else to run on. They've had opportunities to codify abortion rights and never have.

Where do you get your facts from?
I read a number of different online papers picking up both left and right leaning media and I watch a broad spectrum of TV media. I am lucky as I run my own show and work from home so can have coverage rolling 10-14 hours per day

The Settle case is not a Defunding Police Issue,
It must be noted that the new Mayor was voted in on a platform of rejecting calls to defund the police,
The current issue in Settle is Covid depleting the workforce. alongside the actual Departments priorities, not Defunding.
a 20% funding cut to the department was made at the end of 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back