Game Day The Corner Hotel Music Contest #9 - Best Album Song - Votes due Friday 7PM - Send to Infamy

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Roachy8 help someone pull into a clear lead, or make the race even closer? His pick I thought was a cracker and I was worried coming into the final 24 hours that his votes would not come through in time. So far he's only missed out on votes in 2 rounds.

SONG 14 - Roachy8
Thin Lizzy - Sugar Blues

Album - Chinatown

Screen Shot 2014-12-12 at 11.10.12 pm.png 13 Roachy8.png

Now Blaz_Cotchin9 changed his song selection 3 times, every single one of them Metallica, and when he chose this one I couldn't believe it wasn't a single but sure enough it was only ever a promo single given to radio stations. Ironically it is currently the 4th most played song by Metallica in their live concerts, so I thought this one was going to romp to a massive win given so many rock songs in this group.

SONG 11 - Blaz_Cotchin9
Metallica - For Whom the Bell Tolls

Album - Ride the Lightning

Screen Shot 2014-12-12 at 11.15.57 pm.png 14 Blaz_Cotchin9.png

So with 2 rounds of votes to go, we have a tie for 1st Place!!!
With only 6 hours left in the vote count, I was starting to wonder if we would get the votes in to break the tie, could we still have our first tie for the win?
It does look like its a 2 horse race for that #1 spot

Rage Against the Machine - Take The Power Back 90
Black Sabbath - War Pigs 90
Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls 73
Down the bottom we don't have anyone below 10 points, who will take the Nuffers award? Will it be Nuffers?

Faith No More - Jizzlobber 13
Bob Marley - Caution 20
Xandria - Nightfall 22

BILC was the first to break the deadlock and a massive 12 points to War Pigs means that it can't lose from here. Can the final vote bring us back to a tie for 1st place?

SONG 6 - BILC
Arcade Fire - Normal Person

Album - Reflektor​

Screen Shot 2014-12-12 at 11.29.01 pm.png 15 BILC.png

Finally THE THIN MAN got his votes in after the 7pm cutoff, but luckily I was still at the gym. Another point of contention was that he voted his own song as #1, so to try and get every song eligible I allowed the votes and moved every song up a place and left no song with 1 point. At the end of the day, it didn't affect the overall result, in fact War Pigs just extends its lead at the front.

SONG 15 - The Thin Man
The Doors - Five to One

Album - Waiting for the Sun

Screen Shot 2014-12-12 at 11.29.36 pm.png 16 TTM.png

FINAL PLACINGS - TCHMC #9 - BEST ALBUM SONG
1st Place - This Is Anfield - Black Sabbath - War Pigs - 112 points
2nd Place - Sterge10 - Rage Against the Machine - Take the Power Back - 93 points
3rd Place - Blaz_Cotchin9 - Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls - 78 points
Sorry to everyone else, but we don't have ribbons for participation. We don't like to encourage losers ;)

Last edited:
Very disappointing effort from Bob Marley (I'm passing the buck). At least my 12 pointer was the winner though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top hosting infamy. As for the rest of you *ers, you've let me down. Honestly thought I was a chance there but as usual, I finish mid pack.

Woo Hoo! Positive start for the day, Sabbath Rules OK!
I'm no good at this, so if anyone wants to run the next one, I thought maybe best live track or best cover?
Infamy Equus fleabitten

Woo Hoo! Positive start for the day, Sabbath Rules OK!
I'm no good at this, so if anyone wants to run the next one, I thought maybe best live track or best cover?
Infamy Equus fleabitten

We've done covers before if i'm not mistaken and best live song is pretty broad

s**t, I don't know. I thought live tracks was pretty simple and there would be some cracking clips, live songs from a live album.
Ok, songs with Black in the title.
Sixties songs :D
Movie theme songs, title theme.
You guys pick one:(

Just do favourite songs from 2014, as it is now the end of the year and we've gone through a year of music. Great time for it! I want to hear people's tastes in current/new music.

Or your favourite song from the noughties (2000-2009).

Just do favourite songs from 2014, as it is now the end of the year and we've gone through a year of music. Great time for it! I want to hear people's tastes in current/new music.

Or your favourite song from the noughties (2000-2009).
I'm happy with this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back