Game Day The Corner Hotel Music Contest #9 - Best Album Song - Votes due Friday 7PM - Send to Infamy

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem is now days any song that is someway decent gets released as a single people release 7-10 tracks off an album now, where as you look at the previous Led Zep example they had to be forced into releasing any
A lot of the European stuff is more promo video than single... In reality with digital you can pick and choose what songs you want from an album. In another 10 years I would be very surprised if anyone bothered releasing singles anymore.

Although habits can be hard to break and you don't have to go to far into the entertainment industry to see a pile of outdated ideals still scrambling to be relevant.

A lot of the European stuff is more promo video than single... In reality with digital you can pick and choose what songs you want from an album. In another 10 years I would be very surprised if anyone bothered releasing singles anymore.

Although habits can be hard to break and you don't have to go to far into the entertainment industry to see a pile of outdated ideals still scrambling to be relevant.

Coughfoxtelcough

Yikes. Gonna be a tough round for me to find 10 songs. First pass through I split them into groups: Great (0 songs), Good (2 songs), Okay (6 songs) and **** This s**t (7 songs). I'll play them all a few times and hopefully some grow on me.

Your taste and mine obviously differ greatly. Some ripper songs among these!

Your taste and mine obviously differ greatly. Some ripper songs among these!

I think my taste differs greatly from everybody here. Most of these songs are the kind of songs my friends used to play while I concentrated on getting drunk.

I think my taste differs greatly from everybody here. Most of these songs are the kind of songs my friends used to play while I concentrated on getting drunk.

You could have done both! :p

Hopefully another round of listening will change your opinion on some songs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least 2 of them didn't vote last time as well, can we start excluding the repeat offenders

None of those guys were guilty last time. The first three all voted, and THE THIN MAN wasn't playing. You must be thinking of an earlier contest. But I agree, there should be a 3 strikes rule or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back