2nds They want to Clip our Wings Even more!

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not the Cows who would lead an attack on the Magpies' home games, they'd be too embarrassed to. I mean Kochie would simply offer to lease them Alberton for their home games... as long as we take all the catering revenue/profit. Now that Twiggy has been replaced by someone who can actually spell Twiggonometry I'm sure they've finally done their sums on those sorts of stadium deals (on the back of us calling it all out on a much bigger scale of operation).

It's more the SANFL clubs. If Norwood for example see us draft/rookie Baulderstone and will face him in 2015 the'll be furious and driven by their nature to do something in kind to hurt. They can't help it. They only accept their development role reluctantly as it conflicts with their Prime Directives, which are a) to win the SANFL flag and b) to perpetuate a cozy local existence on the back of revenues from elsewhere, be they AFL stadium deals or (soon) massive asset sales out of AAMI.

This is why the clubs should have no say in the competition!

Should be run by an independent board who's only interest is making the SANFL the best competition they can..

Take the clubs out of it!

Dream on. REH could probably estimate the cost of that for you. In practice such a coup would probably require buying six SANFL clubs to have a majority then spilling and replacing the SAFC per existing processes, then replacing the SAFC delegates/appointees to the SMA, then renegotiate the AO stadium deal finally on a sane basis, given that cricket doesn't really care about the money from footy. Would take at least five years.

It would be pretty cheap to buy enough SANFL memberships to take control of the smallest 5 clubs and put a puppet president in.

Should be run by an independent board who's only interest is making the SANFL the best competition they can..

Interestingly that is the situation. See SA Football Commission. The trouble is it has never actually worked as a separate body from the 8 non-AFL aligned SANFL clubs.

But they do. They have the Commission :rolleyes::drunk: (Edit: Beaten to it by Powerstufff)

.... Edit: Beaten to it by Powerstufff
:D
I was going to add how Ross Oakley talked at the recent The Licence: The Lunch function about the importance of distancing clubs from running a league. Lucky I didn't wait!

The way trade period is panning out, the Maggies might have some good stock lining up for a better tilt at the flag come 2015..

Give it a few years. Death by 1000 cuts

campaigners

We had the 2nd highest attendance (behind Norwood) in all games this year. They wouldn't want to tinker with that.
If they were a proper league they would give Crows home games. Instead of taking Ports away.

Most stupid league ever.

This probably belongs in the unpopular Port Adelaide opinions thread but my view on these changes is so what?

This is the Power reserves team and over time will more and more morph into that. The point of putting together this model was to make sure all our AFL-listed players could play together in a team. It's not about dominating the sanfl, it's about making sure our players get consistent messages and instruction and are played in the positions that best meet the needs of the AFL team.

This is a thoroughbred race horse in a camel race. Of course the other clubs want to handicap it.

The only reason this team needs to make finals is to support the AFL team when it makes finals.

This probably belongs in the unpopular Port Adelaide opinions thread but my view on these changes is so what?

This is the Power reserves team and over time will more and more morph into that.

Would prefer if it was called the Port Adelaide reserves team with the nickname Magpies.
I'd only call it "Power Reserves" if we were wearing the BIB.

Would prefer if it was called the Port Adelaide reserves team with the nickname Magpies.
I'd only call it "Power Reserves" if we were wearing the BIB.
How about just calling them Port Adelaide, since that's what they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about just calling them Port Adelaide, since that what they are.

I've always said
Port Adelaide Football Club
Power in the AFL
Magpies in the SANFL (our 2nds)
Academy in the SANFL Reserves (our 3rds)

We are not "Port Power" and our 2nds are not "Power reserves".

I've always said
Port Adelaide Football Club
Power in the AFL
Magpies in the SANFL (our 2nds)
Academy in the SANFL Reserves (our 3rds)

We are not "Port Power" and our 2nds are not "Power reserves".

It won't be long before the SANFL sets their sights on changing the "Magpies" name to "Power".

It won't be long before the SANFL sets their sights on changing the "Magpies" name to "Power".

And we continue to wear the black and white "prison bar" in the SANFL, further entrenching that jumper as part of our dress code as an AFL club with a reserves team in the SANFL. "Magpies" or "Power", that jumper remains OURS and they have no say in whether we wear it or not, and it becomes interchangeable between the two teams in the two competitions on a needs basis.

There is no way we will ever lose the PB guernsey or the Magpies nickname at SANFL level unless we leave the SANFL for another league. The club is united in maintaining the Magpies. They know it wouldn't be a wise decision changing the Magpies to the Power because there would be a lot of people that would lose interest watching Port Adelaide play at SANFL level if we changed the guernsey and nickname.

The SANFL are only interested in making us weaker on the field by putting the stupid drafting rules in place by not allowing players from interstate or players over 23 and getting rid of our juniors and zones.

I don't understand why they would want to make the Magpies be called Power. What would it achieve? It would be a pointless change that would make no sense.

I don't understand why they would want to make the Magpies be called Power. What would it achieve? It would be a pointless change that would make no sense.

We're talking about the same snafl aren't we?

Do any of their decisions make sense?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back