Tom Mitchell, recovering from a broken leg and now a Hawk until the end of 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

So it was a tackle? Was it someone falling on his leg or was he twisted in a tackle? I keep thinking legs bones are hard to break. Apparently not.
Someone fell on it, if it was twisting would have been a much more complicated break, so out of the turd sandwiches we could have been served we got the less shitty one

Quite possibly, however I would like to think we wouldn't risk his well being so that we can have him play finals.

If we're confident that he's fully fit and it'd pose no long term ill effects to his wellbeing, he'll play for sure.

If not, I'm more than sure the club will hold him back so that he can get himself right.

Yep I totally agree with this 100%. If he has any complications like swelling and the what not then finals or not I think its more about 2020 and beyond rather than Hail Mary premiership. I want to see what a midfield of Mitchell, JOM, Worpel, Shiel and hopefully Cogs with Smith and Scully on the wings can do.

It’s pretty interesting to see Tom travelling so much with the boys. He’s a pretty obsessive footy player and Hawthorn seem to be using this period of time to build more leadership and long term coaching possibilities into him. Would love to know what he is contributing to the boys alongside Sammy M.

After spending the season sitting at the foot of Sam Mitchell's learning tree, he'll be even more frightening come 2020

After spending the season sitting at the foot of Sam Mitchell's learning tree, he'll be even more frightening come 2020
Might see the game in a different way too. Forces him to detach from himself and look at the team approach. Not suhgestonghe doesn’t already but this is surely what he would get from this experience

So if we do deep in the finals is he a chance?
Not jumping the gun but this has really soured the season for me
Is Tom Mitchells season Definitely over?
Teams can place players on one of three inactive lists: a long-term injury list, a season-ending list or a retired player list.
Does anyone know onto which injury list Tom Mitchell was placed?
It seems to me that if the Hawks took an SSP Rookie, other than Reeves for Langford, then Tom season would definitely be over. But they didn't.
They instead upgraded Nash from a Cat B Rookie to the Senior list (which indicates they put Tom on the Long Term Injury list: which only requires that he is out for a minimum 8 weeks) and so we left the door open for a return this year.

Emerging Puppy.gif

Last edited:
Is Tom Mitchells season Definitely over?
Teams can place players on one of three inactive lists: a long-term injury list, a season-ending list or a retired player list.
Does anyone know onto which injury list Tom Mitchell was placed?
It seems to me that if the Hawks took a SSP Rookie, other than Reeves for Langford, then Tom season would definitely be over. But they didn't.
They instead upgraded Nash from a Cat B Rookie to the Senior list (which indicates they put Tom on the Long Term Injury list) and so left the door open for a return this year.
Mitchell is on the long-term injury list. Nash was upgraded.
If Mitchell is fit to return this season, Nash will be downgraded again. He will need another LTI to be upgraded, such as Mohr.

Langford was on the retirement list and Ned Reeves was taken to replace him.

The door is open for Mitchell to return this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitchell is on the long-term injury list. Nash was upgraded.
If Mitchell is fit to return this season, Nash will be downgraded again. He will need another LTI to be upgraded, such as Mohr.

Langford was on the retirement list and Ned Reeves was taken to replace him.

The door is open for Mitchell to return this year.
Wasn't Moore a Rookie himself? Or does it make a difference the category of rookie that he was (Cat A vs Nash Cat B?)

If the Rance talk about possibly returning to the finals I guess Mitchell is chance unless Toms break was worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back