Opinion VICBias - Genuine Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Saying the quiet part out loud.
One plonker (who is not an AFL commentator) responding to the AFL giving the northern teams a huge bonus next season = vIcB1aS

Just so we are all clear here: bias is when people who have nothing to do with footy complain about something. Righto...

Four trips interstate in the first 8 rounds. VIC Bias.
duck and cover documentary GIF by Kino Lorber

Gossage wiped the floor with Cummings in this debate.
Gossage just talked in circles making inane comments like below that dont even say anything.

What I’m saying is if you want to make the competition equal, forget about crowd sizes and membership numbers, and worry about equality of the competition.

What does he want to be equal?

The number of Friday night games?
How many games you get against a team who travels to play you?
How many games each team plays at Optus?

Why does he not want crowd or memberships have to be equal?

Another sook that WA teams travel further than any other team because they are on the other side of the fecking continent.

It is not the AFLs job to change Australian geography.

WC should relocate to a less isolated city (Sydney could handle another team) if they want to travel less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL as they’re quick to suspend Finlayson for multiple weeks but have no issue leaving Clarko to do as he pleases.

Hard to ignore these double standards that non vic clubs always seem to be on the wrong other end of.

View attachment 1955453
No such thing as a one week suspension at Port. One week is just the Port tax.

The AFL as they’re quick to suspend Finlayson for multiple weeks but have no issue leaving Clarko to do as he pleases.

Hard to ignore these double standards that non vic clubs always seem to be on the wrong other end of.

View attachment 1955453
The mental gymnastics the AFL will do, if a big name Vic player does the same will be amazing.

Good to see the AFLPA call out the inconsistency.

I think the equalisation measures of the AFL are as good as you could hope for.

We've certainly had a huge variety of teams competing in GFs the last two decades, ironically, way more than back in the VFL days when it was just 12 teams, which goes against the argument that adding more teams to the league makes it harder to win a premiership.

I mean, technically it's true, but if you didn't take your chances when the comp was smaller, then boo hoo.

3rd, maybe even a 4th team in WA, and a third in SA would help with equalisation even more, but I'm not saying they could all happen overnight.

Eventually, there'll likely be a 20th team and so 50% of the comps clubs will be non-Victorian.

The one thing I'd love to see change is the GF location.

I don't think Accor or the Gabba is up to scratch, but Adelaide Oval and Optus are worthy GF hosts IMO.

I know the Vic government won't budge, but gees I'd like to see a new GF contract; Melbourne get the GF every two years. Make it a 10 year contract, subject to renewal every decade.

25, 29, 33 hosted by Adelaide, 27, 29, 31, 35 hosted by Perth, Melbourne the rest. Perth get gather round when the GF is in Adelaide, Adelaide get it when GR is in Perth, Brisbane and Sydney alternate GR when the GF is in Melbourne.

Brisbane and Sydney could host some when they have appropriate stadiums.

View attachment 1955453
Less to do with Vic bias, more to do with creating an even bigger story should they have suspended a coach.

it's all about the optics.

View attachment 1955453
Nah. More like the AFL did not want Clarkson away from North a team they are actively trying to get back up the ladder for any period of time after what happened last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back