Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Calsher Dear!

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember watching the documentary of his Dad’s fight with cancer. There was a clip of Calsher playing U16’s basketball where he dunked the ball.

He has an incredible vertical leap. It’s like he is jumping off a trampoline and floats in the air. I saw him today jump in a pack and then land like a cat. It reminded of what Cyril used to do overhead.

Sometimes VFL stats are overrated because the grounds are smaller and there are no grandstands but everything he is doing looks like we could have a serious player.

Watching Dear has actually got me excited to see what McCabe will bring in the future. These 2 boys may just be the most important players on our list.
Exciting prospect and I forgot about McCabe

Vince Mcmahon Wwe GIF

There was a passage of play in the last quarter where Calsher makes a tackle on the wing as is awarded a free kick. Advantage is called and the ball is whisked down to the pocket. Calsher runs down and quickly nominates himself for the tap. He keeps front position and taps it down the throat of a BH player goal-side who only has to turn and kick. Clasher gets a tackle and a hit out but it was his goal. Very impressed.
Saw that , loved that from him . Not bad for a kid.

I noticed the size of his thighs as he was coming off at one point

Definitely developing the same size along the lines of his father who had enormous thighs

Probably explains his ability to leap
He's big-thin!

Due to his age, he's still on the skinnier side, but he's big jointed; his frame in 24 months time will be vastly different.

He looks like he's put on several kg since he's started at the club!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s some way off. We don’t need to rush him in.
This hasn’t aged well in 4 days…which is a great thing. He’ll play this season. Was SUPER today.

I went the the vfl lions v cats game today. Brandon Ryan played. While he played well, i see some limitations which likely stop him being an afl player (back up forward probably the ceiling). The trade out of ryan got us a lick slide plus a future second and gunston’s salary thrown in. The two picks in the 2023 draft were used on bodie ryan and calsher dear. Very exciting to hear we landed the right now/player mentor value of gunston alongside a young player who has great afl upside for a player who probably wouldnt be part of a future hawthorn side.

So what’s the best way to blood a young tall? Surely we keep him at Box Hill for another 6-7 games to build confidence and then blood him for a few come end of year?
And to learn how to kick a torp from outside 50 after the siren.;)

Unbelievable to read about "not rushing" a guy who is in SMASHING form in the VFL, while people wanna bring in players with less impressive form and "give them a block of 6-8 games to see what they've got".

FFS this guy is too good for the VFL in the same way Roughead and Buddy were too good for VFL.
He needs to come into the team now.

I promise you, he is not going to shatter into 1,000 pieces.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back