List Mgmt. Welcome to Hawthorn - Gippsland/Next Gen Academy players

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure if it has been posted in here yet or not but I found Connor Downie's 2019 highlights for the Eastern Rangers.

That’s pretty exciting.
Imagine we can get him for a 2nd or combo of later picks?

Loves a goal from (well) outside 50m, which is handy. Hopefully he’ll bang through a couple for the ages in consecutive* Grand Finals.

Very exciting prospect.

*by consecutive, I mean like 8 in a row.

Club recruiters are wondering whether the 2020 national draft will be postponed by a full year in the event there is minimal footy played this season.
The league is considering a wide range of potential scenarios including either reducing the number of picks taken by clubs in this year’s draft or even delaying the draft until next season.
A draft lottery system has also been raised to off-set the unfairness off basing the draft order on only one round of footy.

This year if there is a draft you will get players who will be lot better then where they were drafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand the dramatic push down to a 35 man squad. Once it all balances out over time you'll squeeze out the low end paid players so the "cut" won't be as dramatic as everyone thinks cause the high end players won't be taking a pay cut.

You also won't be improving the quality of the games cause your "elite" talent is still spread over 18 teams. If you really want to make a change then reduce the number of clubs (I'm not advocating this).

But then this appears to be a knee jerk reaction to an extraordinary event that we (Australia) haven't had to deal with in recent times. If it happens again we will have a very different approach.

I don't understand the dramatic push down to a 35 man squad. Once it all balances out over time you'll squeeze out the low end paid players so the "cut" won't be as dramatic as everyone thinks cause the high end players won't be taking a pay cut.

You also won't be improving the quality of the games cause your "elite" talent is still spread over 18 teams. If you really want to make a change then reduce the number of clubs (I'm not advocating this).

But then this appears to be a knee jerk reaction to an extraordinary event that we (Australia) haven't had to deal with in recent times. If it happens again we will have a very different approach.
Yep it's dumb, players like Betts, Breust, Stack and Cameron would not be playing with shorter list

This doesn't pertain to HFC but didn't know where else to post this.
Can someone enlighten me on how this Ugle-Hagan who plays for Oakleigh Chargers is in the Bulldogs NGA zone?
Just has me perplexed as I thought he should be in a Western Zone club IE - Jets or rebels?
Also thought Oakleigh was Colingwoods' NGA zone?
Well it is the AFL so???

This doesn't pertain to HFC but didn't know where else to post this.
Can someone enlighten me on how this Ugle-Hagan who plays for Oakleigh Chargers is in the Bulldogs NGA zone?
Just has me perplexed as I thought he should be in a Western Zone club IE - Jets or rebels?
Also thought Oakleigh was Colingwoods' NGA zone?
Well it is the AFL so???
He's from Warrnambool, but as he's boarding at Scotch, he plays for Oakleigh. His origins determine NGA status, not teenage living arrangements.

Today the HUN had an article profiling 25 top draft prospects in 2020. No mention of Downie. Does that mean he could slip down the order?

I wouldn't be surprised if he slips outside 25, or if he goes in the late teens.

In our favor is the fact of so many other academy and f/s prospects. It means that Downie won't get as much media hype as Finn got last year.

Wow... Downie has an absolute cannon on him. Reminds me a bit of Impey before he got injured with his dash and aggressive marking - has a stronger leg though. What an exciting prospect, sincerely hope the AFL doesn't dick around the draft causing us to miss or delay getting him.

I'm also excited about Harry Pepper. I really liked what I saw in the NAB finals and he was very good when he had a run in the last quarter
of the practice game down against St Kilda at Morwell and for the BHH against Casey. He is a real smokey.

The thing I'll most miss this year is not watching the development of the yet to debut Jones, Ross, Walker, Koschitzke, Greaves and Reeves
plus our draftees and rookies playing for the BHH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back