Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn - Mabior Chol

Remove this Banner Ad

If Chol can improve his consistency to the same extent David Hale did we will have a superstar.

He is unstoppable when he performs at the peak of his abilities.

If Chol can improve his consistency to the same extent David Hale did we will have a superstar.

He is unstoppable when he performs at the peak of his abilities.
David Hale was so underrated for us, absolutely loved him. If chol can get to his level then that what would be amazing. Chol should’ve played more games this year but was stiff because King came back and Lukosius really came on as a forward
We all can see how much talent he has so I’m looking forward to seeing what he can produce

Seems at his hungriest point of his career now.

Knows its time
McCartney’s words on Mabs made it pretty clear that he wants to change the way he’s viewed and make a name for himself.

McCartney’s words on Mabs made it pretty clear that he wants to change the way he’s viewed and make a name for himself.
He must realise this is his third and probably last chance, so I hope he is willing to put the work in turn his prodigious talent into performance, making a name for himself as a Hawk champion. Fingers crossed.

Horses lactose because they have hooves.
Warning Dad joke! I had to like it despite myself.

Blames footy commentators. They introduced it into the footy vernacular at least as far back as Darren Jarman… the original Laconic yet somehiw highly impactful star
Honestly I think it goes back to that Brian Nankervis poetry bit on Hey Hey It's Saturday. Seems to work with it being used almost exclusively in Australian footy media starting in the general vicinity of 1985.

Laconically lazy, misinterpreted to mean lazy in movement and then used by some footy commentator in the pursuance of cromulent verbosity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly I think it goes back to that Brian Nankervis poetry bit on Hey Hey It's Saturday. Seems to work with it being used almost exclusively in Australian footy media starting in the general vicinity of 1985.

Laconically lazy, misinterpreted to mean lazy in movement and then used by some footy commentator in the pursuance of cromulent verbosity.
Then maybe it’s time that commentators only use words they spell. It would be a nice change listening to them use three letter words…

I remember Brian's work always going way over my head as a kid when I watched Hey Hey - which I think looking back is a testament to how much smarter his humour was than anything else that featured on the show.

Interesting selection.

Welcome Big Fella.

He is an interesting selection.
61 games and 78 goals in 8 seasons of AFL is underwhelming, considering his size and natural abilities.

It's all up to him as to where his career goes from here.

I am hopeful but not confident.

I'd be very interested to see how this young man approaches his career from this point onwards.

I believe he has the abilities to be a 50+ goal a season forward.

He has great hands, a good jump, and can use his body very well.

He is also really decent below the knees.

It's above the shoulders that the issues seem to lie.

It's in his destiny to either become the steal of the draft or just another footnote in the annals of Hawthorn Football club.

I hope he decides that he is better than people are saying, more committed, more enthused, more bought-in than he was at his previous 2 clubs.

It's up to Mabior, but a statement of intent would be to arrive at pre-season training early of his own volition and be in excellent condition / weight.

At least it would show that he has decided to knuckle down from day #1 of his Hawthorn career and become the player a lot of people thought and hoped he could be.

I really hope he does, as a fit firing and determined Mabior Chol could be a very good footballer if his desire matched his skill.

I hope this move to us makes him the best player he can be, as the value to our forward structure especially for Lewis and Gunston cannot be overstated.

It would be an awesome statement of intent to see Mabior back early, and training hard.

He is an interesting selection.
61 games and 78 goals in 8 seasons of AFL is underwhelming, considering his size and natural abilities.

It's all up to him as to where his career goes from here.

I am hopeful but not confident.
Would you offer a 4 or 5 year contract to someone "hopeful but not confident". Unfortunately that was what the club was facing. He had interest from other clubs too.

Interesting that there's been some posters here who have scoffed that friendship connections can play a part in bringing a player on board and here is Mabior saying that because he had some friends playing for us that made our offer enticing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back