Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Nick 'the Wizard' Watson!

Remove this Banner Ad

He's going to take time. Everyone expecting a Cyril like start.

He'll start to understand the game and the speed and will be better for it.

Absolutely no concerns

Doesn’t feel like he’ll be a high possession winner. Is getting a few looks but fluffed a fair numbers of chances across the game today and the two preseason games. Assume it’s just nerves as needs to be a sharpshooter at his size.

Debuted in arguably the hardest position to debut in the comp. Small forward is unforgiving, was good enough to get 3 shots which is promising enough. Not as clean as he needed to be but I have faith he'll work that out over time.

The pace of AFL footy is very different to what he's used to, but he'll adapt. He's got smarts and skills. Give him a decent run at it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to stop slipping over … also is not running to the right position once the ball comes in. He’s redundant at the moment.
This feels a bit rough given he had three shots at goal.

I reckon he'd want to work on the slipping over, and I reckon he'd want an easy set shot to get him on the board at this point.

I don't understand what people want from him.

Imagine expecting a kid in the toughest position on the ground to just start banging them in from day dot. Everybody is learning. It's a new forward line!
Goals.
He has now kick 7 points straight from the last 3 games.
I think he should play a few games for Box Hill until he gets his kicking boots on.

The slipping over/going to ground easily thing is surprising given his low centre of gravity.
Keeping his feet should be priority 1 for Nick.

Has he changed boots? Cant remember seeing him slipping over watching any of his pre draft footage. Seems to be happening a lot in the pre season and again yesterday in perfect conditions. Really odd.

The slipping over/going to ground easily thing is surprising given his low centre of gravity.
Keeping his feet should be priority 1 for Nick.
He did it at underage level too. Its why i doubt he will ever spend much time in the middle. But its still disturbing to see him just try and turn to chase a player in perfect conditions and go to ground. Something off with his boots?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back