Welcome to Hawthorn - Tom Mitchell - 2018 Brownlow medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

The lack of attention from the media doesn't particularly bother me to be honest. I know exactly what he contributes and how hard he works, and I'm sure he would feel he has done a great job so far, no doubt his coaches and peers have told him so. As long as he keeps giving his all week in week out for the Hawks I will be very happy.
Negative people will always be negative people, there's no use trying to argue with them

Early crow: Mitchell will be our next captain.

I just watched his press conference. Clean cut, no nerves and no nonsense. The consistency of his good performances is just going to win him more and more respect from the other players.

Just turned 24, he will only improve from here. Captain in 2019/20.

Bump. Another 38 possession effort, this time with a goal. This guy is tremendous, but I think he's been overlooked this week thanks to the good performances by many who weren't playing at standing.

Congrats on another great game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dickhead commentators (Duck and Bruce from memory) were discussing (read bringing attention) to his meters gained stars again. Can we all stop obsessing over the most useless stat ever brought to our attention.

His insane possession and tackle count rolls on and on.

FootyLive App is probably putting a bit too much pressure on the lad, still:

"A huge recruting coup for the Hawks, Mitchell is one of the best young players in the game and will be a long term replacement for Sam Mitchell, Lewis and eventually Hodge."

Will need to get up around 90 possessions a game, could be tricky.

At this stage he has to be in this years All Australian team IMO.

Wasn't in most of the pundit's recent mid-year AA teams. I agree with you - but sadly it seems the footy luminaries aren't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't in most of the pundit's recent mid-year AA teams. I agree with you - but sadly it seems the footy luminaries aren't.

Yeah anything that is close to line ball generally sees a Hawthorn player get snubbed, we really didn't have that many AA selections from 13-15 when you compare it to Geelong 07-09 or Collingwood 10-11.

Dickhead commentators (Duck and Bruce from memory) were discussing (read bringing attention) to his meters gained stars again. Can we all stop obsessing over the most useless stat ever brought to our attention.

In fairness to Duck, he rubbished it. Said anyone who used it as a metric for Mitchell didn't understand footy

Early crow: Mitchell will be our next captain.

I just watched his press conference. Clean cut, no nerves and no nonsense. The consistency of his good performances is just going to win him more and more respect from the other players.

Just turned 24, he will only improve from here. Captain in 2019/20.
Love the idea of this.

Leads by example. Plays tough and doesn't back down, thats what a captain does and I would be behind the decision 100%

In fairness to Duck, he rubbished it. Said anyone who used it as a metric for Mitchell didn't understand footy

One thing about Carey that I've noticed, ever since his "sam Mitchell wouldnt get a game at any other club" comment, he's been very supportive of us (practically the only person to actually provide an unbiased opinion)

Anyway, anyone notice the lack of credit Tom is getting right now is rivalling what Sam was copping from 2003 until about 2011?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back