Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Tyler Brockman!

Remove this Banner Ad

Those two plays posted above are the standout highlights of the game for me. Such skill and composure from the kid.

He has also shown previously that he is a good mark for his size and knows how to lead into space.

He's going to win us plenty of games this kid. Will be a match winner.

His little knock on in the first quarter wont show up on the stat sheet but was important in helping us score our first goal.

Had another little fella who was pretty good at those little touches.

The 2nd one shows incredible agility, but that 1st one was sublime. 3 players swarming at him and he picks out an open player and kicks it so well that 1m either side it wouldnt have been a mark.

It also shows improvement from earlier in the year. At AFL and VFL level I saw him in similar circumstances where that contact was coming and he wouldn't take possession of the ball. He would knock it on despite having time to get disposal away.

Then in his recent VFL games after his time off you could see the difference. He was willing to draw contact to take his opponent out of the play then give off these slick angled handballs. And now you see the rewards at AFL level.

I've said it before, he's gonna be a star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Similar to Worpel Brockman's VFL stint has made him a better player especially defensively

Noticed his second and third efforts were far better this week. I think we're happy to send them back for extended periods because Sammy is a natural development coach.

Seriously, if Seamus can come on and Brocky continues this trajectory we are set for a decade up forward with smalls.

Moore, Brockman, Mitchell.

All offer something completely different. Makes for a dynamic forward mix with any combo of Jeka, Kosi and Lewis as the talls.

Seriously, if Seamus can come on and Brocky continues this trajectory we are set for a decade up forward with smalls.

Moore, Brockman, Mitchell.

All offer something completely different. Makes for a dynamic forward mix with any combo of Jeka, Kosi and Lewis as the talls.

We still really need a true crumbing pressure forward though. I think all three will end up playing more of a HFF role in the future.

Really enjoyed seeing him up the ground a bit today even starting in the middle a couple of times. This was a for the future/experience type of game driven by the coaches. Getting better defensively. He is special.
With the ball in hand this kid can do anything. But I thought defensively he was still poor today. Doesn't pressure hard enough for long enough. Tends to loiter out of position too often.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back