Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - COOPER SHARMAN!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure we want him to bulk up, he's got tremendous agility as it is, and its almost like i wouldn't want to change him and accidentally mess something up.
The way he plays he doesn't really need the extra bulk, and the umpires seem to be a bit harder on those who monster the skinny kids.
Well he needs a little bit of muscle. Just to stick tackles and apply forward pressure. I see him get to the contests and bounce off the defenders. But yeah don’t go trying to make him into the. g Train or anything

Driving down the Nepean Highway it would seem that Tommy Bent is just so 1966

MkZtgwV.jpg

Derm is pretty hard to listen to but I'll make an exception when he's chatting about forwards and their leading patterns.

Very true, you can tell he’s really passionate about it. Sharman is all this board can talk about recently and for good reason, a gift from the footy gods.

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed that footage very much.

Very true, you can tell he’s really passionate about it. Sharman is all this board can talk about recently and for good reason, a gift from the footy gods.

Dermie knows his stuff, no one can refute that, but god I wish I had his talent for making 10 words into a thousand. My high school presentations would have been easy

The last half a dozen rounds are always about making sure at least some of the "consistently selected" eligibles get given a participation trophy, rather than "best of the round" as the first 10-15 weeks are.

Not surprising the Sharmanator didn't get it, but still disappointing.
Except when they don't.
Round 18 Jeremy Sharp 4th game
Round 20 Hayden Young 5th game
Round 22 Brett Bowey's little boy 3rd game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We may not have the actual football craft knowledge of a great forward like Dermie, however the reason we are excited is that even us mug punters can see he has football skill that can't be trained into you. His talent is natural.

Will he get worked out? A bit yeah, but as Brereton said, Max King taking the monster backman will get Sharman off the leash a bit.

However lets let the kid have a preseason and hope to hell they don't try to coach the flair and natural footballing nous out of him.

It rarely is though, they usually don't get a nomination without a consistent run of good games. Coops had that so it's frustrating.
My point exactly. If they don't like what happens nominating by round then change the way nominations work to reward a body of work and not a single game. I'm just sick of all these explanations as to why a saints player doesn't get a nom. If they play a great game "oh they didn't get nominated because this random giants scrub has been ok for half a year". If they play a good body of work like Byrnes "oh but this player had a big week".

My point exactly. If they don't like what happens nominating by round then change the way nominations work to reward a body of work and not a single game. I'm just sick of all these explanations as to why a saints player doesn't get a nom. If they play a great game "oh they didn't get nominated because this random giants scrub has been ok for half a year". If they play a good body of work like Byrnes "oh but this player had a big week".

After only coming onboard mid-season, he already averaged 2 goals a game in his first three full games.

ONLY 19 other AFL players averaged 2 or more goals this season. None of them eligible for rising star.
If we continue to ignore his first ( sub ) game, he averaged 2.5 That puts him in the company of Toby Green and Tom Hawkins.

After only coming onboard mid-season, he already averaged 2 goals a game in his first three full games.

ONLY 19 other AFL players averaged 2 or more goals this season. None of them eligible for rising star.
If we continue to ignore his first ( sub ) game, he averaged 2.5 That puts him in the company of Toby Green and Tom Hawkins.
But Connor Idun had 17 mongrel disposals and kept Eddie to "only" 2 goals in his last game... clearly a better performance than the GOAT II: Electric Boogaloo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back