Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

Collingwood brought the pressure tonight & Brissy wilted.

But that’s the only card Collingwood has - waiting for the other team to wilt.

The problem for you is, none of GWS, Sydney or the mighty St.Kilda wilted.

Therefore… 1 & 3.

The Pies just showed that beating Bris at the Gabba in 2024 isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

I’m sorry this happened to you.

A bit concerned, we’ve gone from being 20 points better than Carlton to 19 over the off-season. 😢
Sorry did you forget something?
Celebration Carltonfc GIF by Carlton Football Club

I gotta admit, I was a little dubious about Collingwood’s ability to defeat Brisbane at their Gabba fortress …

… but all you Carlton folk were so encouraging, pointing out that if Carlton could do it then anyone could.

You were right and I was wrong. Kudos 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton fans are at the point where they’d rather Collingwood lose than Carlton win.

Elliot in 22 and the 23 Premiership really did a number on them mentally.
We still haven't lost a grand final to Collingwood since 1910 though!

A few of our players took bribes for that game, so we actually allowed you to win it!

We still haven't lost a grand final to Collingwood since 1910 though!

A few of our players took bribes for that game, so we actually allowed you to win it!

Carlton players taking bribes, that doesn’t sound right.

Imagine if you did that in modern times, you’d be sent into the football abyss for 25 years as punishment.

Carlton players taking bribes, that doesn’t sound right.

Imagine if you did that in modern times, you’d be sent into the football abyss for 25 years as punishment.
The last 25 years has just been a patient build to peak at a flukey Preliminary Final appearance, in a year that saw Collingwood win the flag.

I guess neither side has beaten anybody good... Carlton beating North won't prove much.

Carlton can beat a 'good' side next week... Pies have to wait till round 6 to beat a side that isn't an Owen.

Collingwood’s next three are Hawthorn, Port (MCG) and then Essendon. It’s not inconceivable that they’ll be 4-3 just after the bye.

Whoever goes too early in this thread could easily have a fair amount of egg on their face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Collingwood still have an additional bye worth 0 pts to go.. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if a plucky hawthorn, confident as they beat the pies last year, give them a mighty shake again next week at gather round…

Back