Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

This season is going to be great for Carlton fans especially. 0-3 start for the pies means they statistically can’t win the flag so every win they get means it’ll be a better choke at the end of the season. Hopefully it’s a GF by a point after the siren.

This season is going to be great for Carlton fans especially. 0-3 start for the pies means they statistically can’t win the flag so every win they get means it’ll be a better choke at the end of the season. Hopefully it’s a GF by a point after the siren.
'Statistically', Collingwood can win their next 22 games in succession and win the flag.

Or 'statistically', they can win anything between 15 and 22 of their remaining games, and as long as they win on Grand Final day, they win the flag.

'Statistically', Collingwood can win their next 22 games in succession and win the flag.

Or 'statistically', they can win anything between 15 and 22 of their remaining games, and as long as they win on Grand Final day, they win the flag.

According to history they statistically can’t. Nobody has done it.

I honestly wouldn’t bother watching the rest of the season if I were you unless you want to see how good your draft picks are going to be.

According to history they statistically can’t. Nobody has done it.

I honestly wouldn’t bother watching the rest of the season if I were you unless you want to see how good your draft picks are going to be.
That might be the attitude at Richmond, but not the way we operate at Collingwood, when we find a way to play in over 1/3 of all Grand Finals ever played...

Hey Falcon, would Collingwood have been better off winning their first game but losing their next three, to be 1 and 3 after four games?

How would that have fared historically/statistically?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That might be the attitude at Richmond, but not the way we operate at Collingwood, when we find a way to play in over 1/3 of all Grand Finals ever played...
Yes you are the best in the biz at gifting other clubs flags. Including the Saints one and only flag by 1 point. How sad is that 🤣

Updated ladder based on the formline of the respective teams and those they have played:
1. GWS
2. Sydney
3. St. Kilda
4. Collingwood
15. Carlton
16. Brisbane
17. Richmond
18. North Melbourne

2023 was 2023 this is 2024 and there's only one team unbeaten here and it ain't Collingwood.:D A decent win we could've beaten the Roos by even more if we wanted to as well.
There's also only one team that has played 2 x bottom 4 teams in addition to a team we have both beaten (and Collingwood beat Brisbane far more comfortably than Carlton did).

There's also only one team that has played 2 x bottom 4 teams in addition to a team we have both beaten (and Collingwood beat Brisbane far more comfortably than Carlton did).
As has already been pointed out it was an undermanned Carlton team. Do try and keep up with proceedings here Fudgey.👍

Back