Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

That's correct. We're not the one's kidding ourselves about where we're at in 2024?

But I guess it is March, one of the 8 or 9 months of the year where Carlton supporters do their best work (excluding July, August and September).

Nice backtrack, but true to form

What was it, Pies back2back and Carlton 16th?

We keep turning up, where have you been?

In the time since you last played in a Grand Final (1999) we’ve played in six.

Trust me. You wouldn’t want us turning up because Carlton don’t lose GFs to teams like Collingwood. Collingwood were incredibly lucky to avoid us in the GF last year as the result would have been different.

Played in six, won two. Sad.

To summarise, their argument is basically

Carlton are no good because they only beat Brisbane, North and Richmond

Yet they counter argue by saying that

Collingwood are so good because they beat Brisbane.

Who needs logic in this thread? 🤣😂

Not true.

The reason we reckon we’re so good is because we’ve just added this nice new piece of silverware to our trophy cabinet.

IMG_0773.jpeg

Trust me. You wouldn’t want us turning up because Carlton don’t lose GFs to teams like Collingwood. Collingwood were incredibly lucky to avoid us in the GF last year as the result would have been different.

Yeah right.

The last Grand Final you played in you lost to … checks record … North Melbourne 🤣

Played in six, won two. Sad.

Be that as it may, that’s nowhere near as sad as winning five wooden spoons in the same period.

Yeah right.

The last Grand Final you played in you lost to … checks record … North Melbourne 🤣

Be that as it may, that’s nowhere near as sad as winning five wooden spoons in the same period.

Let’s check the record again.

How many times have Collingwood beaten Carlton in a Grand Final?
How many times have Carlton beaten Collingwood in a Grand Final since then?

If Charlie and Harry get 8 frees again, probably Carlton.
Fremantle's win against Brisbane far more impressive, and Adelaide a much stronger opponent than Richmond.

Both teams have played and beaten North comfortably, albeit Carlton aided by the most ridiculously one-sided umpiring I have seen in a long, long time.

Fremantle clearly the favourites in this one on neutral territory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fremantle's win against Brisbane far more impressive, and Adelaide a much stronger opponent than Richmond.

Both teams have played and beaten North comfortably, albeit Carlton aided by the most ridiculously one-sided umpiring I have seen in a long, long time.

Fremantle clearly the favourites in this one on neutral territory.
Collingwood supporters dicussing one-sided umpiring... oh the irony

Let’s check the record again.

How many times have Collingwood beaten Carlton in a Grand Final?
How many times have Carlton beaten Collingwood in a Grand Final since then?

You’re being silly now, how can you claim bragging rights on a stat that you haven’t turned up to for 28 years?

It’d be like Adelaide claiming bragging rights over Collingwood because we’ve never beaten them in a derby 🙄

You’re being silly now, how can you claim bragging rights on a stat that you haven’t turned up to for 28 years?

It’d be like Adelaide claiming bragging rights over Collingwood because we’ve never beaten them in a derby 🙄
Why would you be so surprised?

It's what you go with when you've got nothing.

Back