Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

Remember it was only two weeks ago when Carlton fans were complaining others fans didn't rate them as a Top 4 side?! They kept saying that we were 'moving goals posts'!

Well, they now know where the goal posts are. Enabled by cynical media who wants to click bait the Carlton contingent, the Blues thought they had a great side. The rest of us knew that Carlton is a full of slow, mentally fragile and unreliable kickers.

I dunno mate, may not be as good as you think as Blind Freddy may say you have gone 6-1 without him since 2022 when you began challenging.
That one loss was a 4 point loss to Collingwood.

He's a Coleman Medalist in AA form at CHF. It's like telling North to play Larkey at FB because they've had a few losses on the same day he kicked some goals. Just ridiculous.

He's a Coleman Medalist in AA form at CHF. It's like telling North to play Larkey at FB because they've had a few losses on the same day he kicked some goals. Just ridiculous.
Don't bother - Saad and McGovern are depth players and Harry McKay who is in career best form needs to be moved to CHB.

I think the Carlton players need more self belief.

Fly's mumbo jumbo has turned our 5-8 list into premiers, Carltons list has got to be top 4, arguably top 2 so the difference in my eyes is coaching.

Voss has them on the right track, but the players have to decide to believe.

Nothing in tonight to determine the Grand Final, both clubs are non trajectories as well as moments, so we will see.

Fly still the better coach though.

Not sure why you're using my post to go on a tangent about that, but most Pies supporters I know despise you lot with more passion than they do any other team. That's why I find it odd.
Agree with this.
Opposition fans absolutely despise us in general and I’m all for it.

You can have your ‘rivalries’ and all but they are a little fake when you don’t have many meaningful games. Carlton has been nowhere for a very long time. Look at Richmond for example, they absolutely hate us. I have no doubt they enjoy beating us more than they do Carlton. Decades of floggings really turned them against us.

Geelong games have been meaningful to all opposition for a very long time now, so people have grown to despise us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daicos was too good mate.
So many players down on form from both sides was just a game full of errors. Didnt see any premiership teams out there tonight. We arent good enough and neither are the pies .
Simple as that
You saw 82.6% of one

Isn't it beautiful? :cool:

e90c8e79902a3a1c3d87d9534489a2e833098a0c

Predictably the Blues fans are crying “lack of effort” tonight from their players, as if to say Carlton players came to the G for this massive test and didn’t try. As opposed to the more realistic assessment that they were outplayed and out coached for the night.

Does any other supporter base use this excuse?
Every supporter base does at times, because there are times when effort could be better. Do you feel your club has always put in 100% effort?

Will agree I don't think effort was the main factor in the Blues losing tonight.

Serious question for blues fans. When we got the long Collingwood chant going at times tonight your supporters booed in response . Previously only heard this boring uncreative response to our chant from Essendon fans . If you have the collective spirit to boo then why not just cheer / chant for your own team instead ? The atmosphere would be so much better with two lots of supporters chanting rather than Collingwood booo ...

Serious question for blues fans. When we got the long Collingwood chant going at times tonight your supporters booed in response . Previously only heard this boring uncreative response to our chant from Essendon fans . If you have the collective spirit to boo then why not just cheer / chant for your own team instead ? The atmosphere would be so much better with two lots of supporters chanting rather than Collingwood booo ...
I thought they were saying Booooo-urns?

The vocals weren't warmed up with the lack of woofing prior.

I think we can all agree that when the game was to be won Daicos stood up, and Walsh hid in the shadows.
Walsh tried hard enough but he's basically just a spud with no football nous at the end of the day

It's kind of cute watching them all run around trying really hard

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Walsh tried hard enough but he's basically just a spud with no football nous at the end of the day

It's kind of cute watching them all run around trying really hard

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Its pretty sad that you feel the need to bring up your thoughts on Sam Walsh.
Kid tried his guts out all game and was probably our best. You should be proud of yourself calling him a spud which confirms YOUR "footballing nous at the end of the day"

Back