Williamson and New Zealand test team ranked number one at years end

Remove this Banner Ad

Because it seems like people just don’t want to grasp or accept what is right there in front of them and I don’t really get why.

For what it’s worth I agree with you I think Australia is putting the right things in place to be a better team I just don’t get why people have such a hard time taking in what’s happened up until now that’s all
I just think our fast men give us an edge in most conditions but it's just my opinion. Please don't get aggro with me expressing it

I always say people who dont like drs obviously dont watch as much older cricket as i do, i have plenty of older games and the amount of huge game changing mistakes made each day of each test is staggering.

watched the 06 ashes sweep again recently and rudi during boxing day test just turns down about 30 plumb lbws for both sides, we focus on the howlers given out but there are so many clearly out turned down pre drs.

The last days of test matches used to be awful for umps not giving LBs. They must have been terrified of making mistakes.

It's pretty hard to determine which is the best test team these days because of how poorly teams perform once they have to get their passports out.

New Zealand have claimed the official status, but there's not really much between them, us, India, England and south Africa.

It's pretty hard to determine which is the best test team these days because of how poorly teams perform once they have to get their passports out.

New Zealand have claimed the official status, but there's not really much between them, us, India, England and south Africa.

South Africa and England are miles off it at the moment I think. Maybe like, say, the Pakistan of the 90s they have the odd really good series in them - particularly England - but I think they’re off the pace. SA have gone into full rebuild mode

How much more proof do some people need? New Zealand would have folded like a deck of cards today.

India are clearly the best test team going around right now.

How much more proof do some people need? New Zealand would have folded like a deck of cards today.

India are clearly the best test team going around right now.
Yeah and we mopped the floor with a better Indian team last year.

Since then we've only gotten better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, we rank them on their record and what they're made from.

One team drew a test match comfortably batting out 130 overs, the other one on the same ground the previous year against the same attack folded in under 50 overs on a 4th day.

One team is better at home and away, but somehow I've been told this other team is better. :think:

Well they did defeat a full strength India within a few days something which Australia has failed to do in last two Tests even against the same team plagued by injuries

Hey, it was only a 2 match series. India didn't have enough time to prepare for the conditions and stuff like that.

If that excuse is good enough for Black Cap fans to explain why they are so average away from home then I don't see why others can't use it.

This is what the World Test Championship should really provide an answer to but they've cooked it (partly due to COVID).

Yes but the thing is by and large Pakistan DO still win in the UAE.

New Zealand from memory drew last time they went to England so it’s not like they can’t play there.

South Africa have made it their business to absolutely belt NZ every time they host them. Mercilessly.

But they are having a hard time putting away subcontinental sides over there.

Faf and Elgar are really the only remaining links to the teams who’ve done that to NZ - even Elgar I’m not entirely sure about. And while they’ve got some talent undoubtedly to work with, they are a very unsettled team especially with the bat and basically at the moment if none of Elgar, Faf, Markram or QDK get a big score - which is happen with increasing regularity - they are absolutely shot to bits.

List of away series victories by New Zealand in their history please.

Then you will know why they would not start faves.

List of away series victories by New Zealand in their history please.

Then you will know why they would not start faves.

If history dictated results Australia would have never lost to England, or anyone else.

South Africa - my second favourite team mind you and one I love to talk up - are running on fumes at the moment. Past glories can only give you so much when your attack is as green as theirs and so many of their batsmen unproven.

England are rubbish but they have enough players who are experienced and established and thrive at home that they would probably be favourites and be hard to beat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back