Free Agency Zac Williams [joins Carlton as an RFA for a 1st round compensation pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

sound of what? same journo's speaking to the same source and reporting it as fact? ill wait till he says where he wants to go.

Jeez Frumpy, I understand what your username means now. Show a little pride in your team man. The dismissive tone in that guys post annoyed me, it should do the same to you as well.

Jeez Frumpy, I understand what your username means now. Show a little pride in your team man. The dismissive tone in that guys post annoyed me, it should do the same to you as well.

The tone of Carlton supporters who go with this as fact, usually ends up with egg on their face and then arguing with opposition for looking like idiots.

Touched a nerve I see. He isn’t even a Carlton player and you’re already like this 😂

Touche' sunshine, I wasn't the guy blaming injuries for Bradley Hill not being recruit of the century.

The tone of Carlton supporters who go with this as fact, usually ends up with egg on their face and then arguing with opposition for looking like idiots.

Its bigfooty mate, i thought that was the whole point of the site.

Touche' sunshine, I wasn't the guy blaming injuries for Bradley Hill not being recruit of the century.

Its bigfooty mate, i thought that was the whole point of the site.

where did I blame injuries for him not being recruit of the year? Go smoke some more cones lol

I'm not missing anything because it never happens. Top end free agents never nominate bottom clubs offering inflated money. Trust me, I know.

Name one free agent who would be considered an A grader who has gone to a bottom 4 club. In addition, name one elite player in the past 5-7 years who has nominated a bottom 4 club for a trade.
Beams, Charlie Cameron, Neale, Brad Hill, Ryan Griffen, Hannerbery all joined a bottom 4 club.

Should play in the middle rather than half back IMO.

26: Cripps, Martin, Williams
24: Curnow
23: McKay, SPS, Setterfield, Weitering
22: Fisher
21: TDK, Walsh

+ a few other youngsters

It's a very nice core. Need another couple of the youngsters (Kemp, Dow, Philp etc..) to blossom in the next few years to catapult them into top 4 contenders still IMO

Beams, Charlie Cameron, Neale, Brad Hill, Ryan Griffen, Hannerbery all joined a bottom 4 club.
I'll happily accept that with an additional qualification- Brisbane, St Kilda and GWS were - and have since proven to be - on the way up, not in the first year of a full rebuild. Like I still don't understand why North are a) entertaining trading out Brown, Higgins and Polec while b) trying to attract free agents like William's.

Historically, clubs trade out players of some value to acquire bulk first round picks. Trading out your very good players only to replace them with some very good players means you don't really move anywhere list composition wise. Youd might as well keep your very good players while targeting some free agents and wise trades so Williams has something to kick to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, a cheaper just as effective free agent as Bradley Hill. You haven’t proved me wrong.
To be fair, they're both A Graders. Brad Hill is a little more of an outside player and can run all day, Zac Williams is definitely harder in the contest and whilst he can't run as hard for as long as Brad, he is incredibly aggressive with his ball movement and exactly what we need at Carlton.

Think it makes a lot of sense for both sides. Always rated Williams as a player but thought last season when he moved into the middle more he went to another level.

I'm sure the salary cap issues at GWS was the main reason for the move but I'm sure the allure of midfield opportunities would've played a part.

Historically, clubs trade out players of some value to acquire bulk first round picks. Trading out your very good players only to replace them with some very good players means you don't really move anywhere list composition wise.
Yes it does, because Brown and Polec can bring in picks, while Williams doesn't cost a pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back