Trade completed - Rhys Shaw and pick 61 to Sydney for pick 46

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Trade made

btw, Bigfooty is a funny place.

If you'd told someone prior to the season that the Pies would get anything for him you'd be laughed out of the place, not everyone reckons the Pies have been smashed.

hehe.

Re: Trade made - Rhys Shaw and pick 61 to Sydney for pick 46

Surely I'm not the only one that thinks the Pies are upgrading picks to use in another trade?

Most probably. Swapping him for a speculative pick at 46 seems unusual

Saw him and his brother at the lower plenty hotel on saturday, wanted to ask if they needed a lift home but i was too soft

Re: OFFICIAL TRADE- Rhyce Shaw to Sydney for pick 61

he's worth more than that. can't wait to see another x collingwood player playing for sydney tearing us up on the field. (sarcasm)

Wow they must have really wanted to get rid of Rhyce, Sydney have a knack of gettin what they need. Shaw really improved this season...a good get.

Thought they would have wanted to get rid of the other two nuffys before him......

Don't think Collingwood would be too upset with the trade however think that Sydney definately came out of that well. Basically lose a number of spots in their draft selection but also pick up a pretty quick and handy player in Shaw.

Swans just ahead in that one me thinks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We got smashed in that trade why did we have to throw in pick 61

People will always bag Shaw his just one of those players but he has been great at Pies past 3 years good get Swans watch how hard he runs for your club to make space and his kicking has improved alot no where near as bad as what people say

I suspect we threw in pick 61 because we wouldn't be using the pick anyway. The trade really should be Rhyce Shaw for pick 46. Happy with that.

We will take 4 pics from this draft.

Sydney got a pretty good deal out of this. If Rhyce can lift his supposedly poor work effort he could do some damage through the centre.

I thought that, too.

I'm happy to see the back of Rhys, on a pure football level. I'm also happy to see him continue his career on a pure personal level.

Your a goose. he does more running than anyone else in the side... he is the only guy in the leauge that can get 30+ possies.... make 1 mistake and everyone pots him... pull your head in cause you have a photo of the SOFTEST footballer in the AFL under your name!

Interesting, obviously Sydney want some pace, but certainly won't hold up the usual 'TOUGH' swans stance.

:eek: Very interesting. I think we may have done the right thing here, especially after Wakelin's recent comments and Rhyce's behaviour.

I'm a bit confused by the posts on this. For the last few weeks, people have been slamming Collingwood posters for using Rhyce Shaw as the steak knives in deals and now we trade him for an upgrade of 4th round for a 3rd round pick he has been a good player and we have been done over?

I think the value is about right considering we have now effectively replaced him with Corrie which we got for pick 93. Expect the 3rd round pick to be now offered as part of a Green or Harris deal......

Sydney win this trade by a long way ..Shaw was playing some pretty good footy this year ...pies will miss his run .

Isn't trade week funny. Not having a go at this poster ut genrally people have been talking down Shaw, but now he has been traded all of a sudden oppositions supporters view him for what he really is, a decent player.

Personally I believe the Swans have won this deal. The way Hine trades he usually goes for smokies so the player he would have picked at 46 would probably have been alive at 61.

:eek: Very interesting. I think we may have done the right thing here, especially after Wakelin's recent comments and Rhyce's behaviour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back