Votes: 89 61.4%
  • England

Votes: 56 38.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without the money AFL produces, the Football grounds would be half the sizes they are.

So what, what has that got to go with the Adelaide Oval being re-turfed for the AFL and only the AFL. I think it is beyond stupid. Players can run on a cricket pitch for crying out loud! Stop re-turfing, drop in pitches are rubbish!

Anderson's stats in the second half of his career are excellent. And not just at home.

He's a genuine world-class bowler and if he starts to fire at some point he will take a lot of wickets.

Since 2008 (he started in 2003) - he averages 26 at home (that's world class) and 33 away (that's pretty average)

Anderson isn't the great white hope - he is a bowler who had a good couple of years circa 2010/11 and other than that is pretty stock standard. Quite akin to Johnson actually

I don't care if the Adelaide Oval is "flat". As long as it doesn't turn square so England can pick Swann and Panesar then that ok I reckon. Preferably some more bounce would be nice though.

lol-umadbro.jpg

So what, what has that got to go with the Adelaide Oval being re-turfed for the AFL and only the AFL. I think it is beyond stupid. Players can run on a cricket pitch for crying out loud! Stop re-turfing, drop in pitches are rubbish!

You might find it's also a bit the other way around - you can't make a decent pitch out of centre square that's been used for footy on a weekly basis over the winter. Bear in mind that the Gabba and SCG only host one AFL team, where AO will host two, so twice as much wear & tear and damage to the surface.

You might find it's also a bit the other way around - you can't make a decent pitch out of centre square that's been used for footy on a weekly basis over the winter. Bear in mind that the Gabba and SCG only host one AFL team, where AO will host two, so twice as much wear & tear and damage to the surface.

Exactly- they shouldn't be playing on the AO. Full stop. Football Park should have been upgraded/etc. Leave the Adelaide Oval for cricket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Adelaide is anything like the WA / SA game a week back - both teams will only bat once

I'd take that. Adelaide is probably the best venue for England, so if we can get a draw there would be great. Get a win and we've got one hand on the urn.

To win this series we need to win in Brisbane and Perth. Those are crucial tests for us. 1 down, 1 to go.

EDIT: That being said I don't want the XI guys to go out there with the attitude of playing for a draw. That would be a surefire why to get beaten. Clarke is far too positive a captain to come out with that attitude though. I'm just being a realistic fan.

I am 100 times more worried about Broad than I am for Jimmy. Australian conditions don't suit swing bowling. Last time England was here it was a weird summer, was actually a very English summer, cool and overcast and Anderson did okay. However, if it is dry and hot, Broad is more threatening imo.

Broad has been England's leading wicket taker in 4 of their last 6 series. Swann 1 and Anderson 1. As much as I hate to admit it, Broad has improved immensely in the last couple of years and has taken over Anderson as their main man, and would be in the best few quick bowlers in the world. 53 wickets at 24 thus far this calendar year is massive. With 3 more tests has a chance of hitting the 70 mark.

Exactly- they shouldn't be playing on the AO. Full stop. Football Park should have been upgraded/etc. Leave the Adelaide Oval for cricket.

Yeah sure - like it's a well known fact that money grows on trees.

I've just been browsing the stadium sub-board, and there's a whole heap of photos of the AO redevelopment in the relevant thread. It looks fantastic, it's pr0n for stadium enthusiasts. But it's expensive and they can only afford to build one, so footy and cricket have to share. Otherwise they'll end up with two s**t facilities, one for cricket and one for footy just like Subiaco and the WACA. So a few sacrifices are needed. I can't speak for the South Australian taxpayer because I'm not one of them, but I can understand why they've decided to go for drop-in pitches as a small sacrifice towards having one brilliant stadium. And it does look brilliant.

Yeah sure - like it's a well known fact that money grows on trees.

I've just been browsing the stadium sub-board, and there's a whole heap of photos of the AO redevelopment in the relevant thread. It looks fantastic, it's pr0n for stadium enthusiasts. But it's expensive and they can only afford to build one, so footy and cricket have to share. Otherwise they'll end up with two s**t facilities, one for cricket and one for footy just like Subiaco and the WACA. So a few sacrifices are needed. I can't speak for the South Australian taxpayer because I'm not one of them, but I can understand why they've decided to go for drop-in pitches as a small sacrifice towards having one brilliant stadium. And it does look brilliant.

Yes everything is brilliant...except that it is rubbish for cricket, it is awful. The pitch is awful, and there was no real need for a redevelopment of the AO anyway.

Since 2008 (he started in 2003) - he averages 26 at home (that's world class) and 33 away (that's pretty average)

Anderson isn't the great white hope - he is a bowler who had a good couple of years circa 2010/11 and other than that is pretty stock standard. Quite akin to Johnson actually
Its always amused me, he is a very damn fine bowler no doubt but not right up there in histories calling. Good ol' Dizzy Gillespie took 250 odd test wickets at a touch over 26 a pop for comparison with a better economy rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back