Preview Changes vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Been surprised by the hunter hate. Won't the the last time a sub is ineffectual. Still love him as a player and hope he gets another chance and takes it this week

I like what he brings offensively. Defensively he doesn't work hard enough for mine.

Been surprised by the hunter hate. Won't the the last time a sub is ineffectual. Still love him as a player and hope he gets another chance and takes it this week
The hate (although I'd rephrase that to 'disappointment') for Hunter was that on more than one occassion he visibly withdraw from one-on-one challenges, which goes against all three of the team's non-negotiables- "selfless, always competitive and prepared to apply manic pressure".

Roberts won't be dropped this week for a smaller player, unless Hamling comes in.

Talia - Pav
Clarke - Rough
Roberts - Taberner
Wood - Mayne

In: Boyd, Wallis, Jong
Out: Smith (Injured), Webb (rest), Goodes (omitted)

Hrovat and Hunter also a chance to come out but i would persist another week.

Roberts won't be dropped this week for a smaller player, unless Hamling comes in.

Talia - Pav
Clarke - Rough
Roberts - Taberner
Wood - Mayne

In: Boyd, Wallis, Jong
Out: Smith (Injured), Webb (rest), Goodes (omitted)

Hrovat and Hunter also a chance to come out but i would persist another week.

So Goodes , one of better players goes out , but Hrovat who was awful keeps his place ?
Don't believe they will drop Goodes this week , considering who we are playing.

Out - Bontempeli, Stringer, Stevens, Smith

In - Whoever

I don't give us much of a chance this week and would prefer we don't play guys carrying injuries.

If we can bring in wallis boyd Jong and Stevens can play that gives us a huge boost around the ball. Fwiw I'd play boyd mid this week and give Biggs a run off half back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wallis in will make a huge difference in the engine room. As a fan he's the type of player you don't realise how important he is until you don't have him and have to replace him. Big in if he's fit.

So Goodes , one of better players goes out , but Hrovat who was awful keeps his place ?
Don't believe they will drop Goodes this week , considering who we are playing.
The 3 players coming in are all big, hard bodies. I feel Goodes was brought in simply to hold Jong's spot until he came back.

The 3 players coming in are all big, hard bodies. I feel Goodes was brought in simply to hold Jong's spot until he came back.

Yeah you could be right G6 , but surely we also have to reward those with some form.
Maybe I'm being harsh , but Hrovat was a massive disappointment for me Saturday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jong won't have lost fitness so if his wrist is ok he should play- period. Wallis would be pretty close now too you'd think although less fit. Boyd and Grant would be fit enough and yeah, Grant deserves a game over Hrovat

Just watched the first half again... really impressed with Cordy, sure he isn't setting the world on fire, but is getting up and back and all around, spoiling, tackling a mark here and there, bobs up for a goal later i think too. His only real flaw is the tap work, needs a LOT of work.

How did Minnow go in the magoos? because as far as i can see, cordy is getting better with every game, bit by bit, you can actually see he 'feels' more confident, in body language if not stats. Previously he always looked lost and confused.

What really impresses me about him in comparison to minnow is just how much more agility he has and FAR superior hands below the knees. We will probably be on the look out for a ruckman me thinks... but i won't write cordy off just yet. He has never been given a dead set go like this for several weeks running, playing ruck, and i just cannot see Minnow doing the leg work Cordy does, he is back and forward, tackling, spoiling, marking... With the pace of our current game plan, Minson would be a total Anchor, not to mention a constant stall on flow as he gives free kicks away at stupid levels, which is handing them the ball with time to think. totally nullifying our pressure game.

I get why Bevo is sticking with him, regardless of his rather large failings, the team can (with work rate) cover for some of his flaws... not so much with minnow, essentially, two rubber gloves, one has a little lube... not so hard to choose.

Stoked that the club have hopes Koby will get up. He was in epic form Saturday and i really want to see him press on. Those value picks propel list builds. He has X factor too, a high mark, that he can use a couple times a game

Stoked that the club have hopes Koby will get up. He was in epic form Saturday and i really want to see him press on. Those value picks propel list builds. He has X factor too, a high mark, that he can use a couple times a game
Really? sheesh, he copped the mother of all knees to the ass on the weekend. That's good news, i was certain he would miss a week.

Really? sheesh, he copped the mother of all knees to the ass on the weekend. That's good news, i was certain he would miss a week.
He still might but I'm happy to hear the clubs optimistic. I want continuity for him because I reckon he's bringing something. Stood in for Wallis really well IMO

He still might but I'm happy to hear the clubs optimistic. I want continuity for him because I reckon he's bringing something. Stood in for Wallis really well IMO
PLayed very well first half, and really turned it n 2nd quarter, that run back against 2 saints was just pure guts... with a healthy dash of crazy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back