Traded Dion Prestia [traded to Richmond with pick 24 for pick 6 and 2017 second rounder]

Remove this Banner Ad

unless we get Cotchin or Deledio I don't see us trading with Richmond save its a straight pick 6 swap but picks are not what we are chasing

Yep. If I was Gold Coast, I wouldn't take Rance or Martin either.

They may WANT draft picks but they sure as hell DON'T WANT Richmond's dross either.

Funny how when a poster puts things into a sensible perspective that doesn't agree with your own skewed view of the world they are an "uninformed troll".

Gold Coast will take pick 6 because they can then do other deals using what would then be 7 picks inside first 27. There are other clubs with players who would be good for Gold Coast that struggle to get a game because of the strength of their own side that GC could trade in with picks. Tom Mitchell would be on GC radar for sure, pick 6 for Mitchell about right.

That uninformed troll poster is absolutely correct, Richmond can't get this deal done without using pick 6 and if they try to keep pick 6 they run the risk of alienating Prestia and manager who might then entertain other clubs who can get the deal done. Prestia is Ricmond's to lose and given their general incompetence could muck up another top trade!

So accept that posters from other clubs may actually be able to see trades far more clearly than you can because they don't wear yellow and black glasses!
This whole post, especially the bolded is just plain wrong. We have next years first to trade as well, not to mention players that can be traded for picks to be used in the trade or to other clubs who can then pass on picks/players to GC. Your arrogance is only dwarfed by you lack of intelligence. So get off your high horse because you have NFI either.

You definitely have the upper hand in all negotiations, Prestia has committed to the Tigers and GC are resigned to the fact they will take unders to get a deal done. GC will be pragmatic.

There's a big difference between "committed" and "nominated". Dion has nominated he'd like to go to Richmond, and I think it'll get done.
But no one has committed until the papers are signed......Richmond hasn't committed, Prestia hasn't committed, and GC hasn't committed.

Yep. If I was Gold Coast, I wouldn't take Rance or Martin either.
Nice sarcasm, but I Agree that Rance, Martin etc would be untouchable, but thurls64 suggestion has about as much merit as the Presitia for Ellis discussion, that is as much unders as Rance is overs

I think as has been already mentioned we will take pick 6 and then on sell it for a player

We won't be trading this year's first round pick, next year's first pick will be a starting point.

Really? Tigers could finish bottom four next year.

You definitely have the upper hand in all negotiations, Prestia has committed to the Tigers and GC are resigned to the fact they will take unders to get a deal done. GC will be pragmatic.

If Richmond don't offer pick 6, and the trade gets dragged out, Prestia may reconsider other Melbourne based clubs. GC may be pragmatic, but they may dig their heels in too.

They may WANT draft picks but they sure as hell DON'T WANT Richmond's dross either.

Funny how when a poster puts things into a sensible perspective that doesn't agree with your own skewed view of the world they are an "uninformed troll".

Gold Coast will take pick 6 because they can then do other deals using what would then be 7 picks inside first 27. There are other clubs with players who would be good for Gold Coast that struggle to get a game because of the strength of their own side that GC could trade in with picks. Tom Mitchell would be on GC radar for sure, pick 6 for Mitchell about right.

That uninformed troll poster is absolutely correct, Richmond can't get this deal done without using pick 6 and if they try to keep pick 6 they run the risk of alienating Prestia and manager who might then entertain other clubs who can get the deal done. Prestia is Ricmond's to lose and given their general incompetence could muck up another top trade!

So accept that posters from other clubs may actually be able to see trades far more clearly than you can because they don't wear yellow and black glasses!

This is true.

I can understand why Richmond supporters want to keep pick 6. They will get a really good player for that.
Unfortunately they may have to rob from Peter to pay Paul. i.e. if the Tigers are so keen to keep pick 6, then one of their so-called
un-touchables will need to be traded.

This. Was inactive so unable to reply immediately, but this basically covers everything. Adams was controlling games from half back when we were up an about. The positive with Adams is that hes grown as a player an leader every single year.

Amazing how much this dude got set off by saying i rated Adams ahead of Caddy.

Adams lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a big difference between "committed" and "nominated". Dion has nominated he'd like to go to Richmond, and I think it'll get done.
But no one has committed until the papers are signed......Richmond hasn't committed, Prestia hasn't committed, and GC hasn't committed.

Nah mate it was over long ago. He is a Tiger you can bank on it ... as some of us said long before the media ever got wind of it.

Nah mate it was over long ago. He is a Tiger you can bank on it ... as some of us said long before the media ever got wind of it.

Mate, I agree with you that Dion wants to go to Richmond and I reckon he'll get there, but it's not over til the papers are signed. ......and when all parties have signed....then it's over.

We've only got to look at Mitch Clark's dealings to know that.

Mate, I agree with you that Dion wants to go to Richmond and I reckon he'll get there, but it's not over til the papers are signed. ......and when all parties have signed....then it's over.

What papers have not been signed?? :rolleyes:

We've only got to look at Mitch Clark's dealings to know that.

hahaha - yeah Mitch was an interesting "cat" ... your example is a 0.00000001 % er in more ways than 1. :thumbsu:

I'm more than happy to part with pick 6 for Prestia, personally.
I think he's a proven footballer and a jet, whilst still only being 23 years old.
Not to mention his leadership skills, being VC of GC at such a young age.
Although, If Gold Coast were smart, they'd accept our offer of next years first round pick haha.

Looking forward to seeing Dion in the yellow and black.

No worries mate . Wear do you rate Salems value from your club ? Higher value than Ellis ?
Similar. He's struggled with Thyrod issues, notwithstanding he'd fetch a second round pick at best if put up for trade.

That said he wouldn't be put up for trade for that very reason.

Nice sarcasm, but I Agree that Rance, Martin etc would be untouchable, but thurls64 suggestion has about as much merit as the Presitia for Ellis discussion, that is as much unders as Rance is overs

I think as has been already mentioned we will take pick 6 and then on sell it for a player
What about pick 6 and next years 1st pick along with B Ellis for pick 4 & 8 this year and Prestia?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back