Autopsy Geelong loses to Dons by 34 points at MCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Missed the whole game. Just as well by the sounds, so will pretend it didn’t happen.
Swab the b....... on both sides by the looks!

Last edited:

Looking forward to Chris Scott on AFL360 Monday night.

"They're a great team that's had a bad run of late."
"They beat X team and pushed Y team to the end."
"We knew they'd come out firing"

Anyone wanna make a bingo sheet?
Pretty sure he’ll say we played like s**t actually.

We’re now sweating on Scooter, Parfitt, Sav, Fogs and Menzel.
We won’t be able to drop as many as deserve it unless some of them are fit.

Structure. Structure. Structure.
No CHF. No second ruckman. Playing Danger in the ruck. Just pick Stanley/Buzza and all 3 problems don’t exist.

We missed Sav.. and the one outcome that someone should not do agains was Danger in the ruck.. that didn't work. Buzza in the side with Sav and Hawkins.. a bit too tall?

Take a breath and suck it up... we had a very bad day.. I say just move on after this one.
Something I expect Scott to say until it happens again against a side that applies plenty of pressure.

At the risk of being labelled arrogant, Cats are better than this and at the same time: wake the f*k up!

Other teams have very good players, if you do not account for them, welcome to my nightmare.
Was one of the joys of having Ling. He would take on the oppositions best mid and make them redundant, week in, week out.

hawkins had 9 marks today and took 3 great contested marks in the first 3 qtrs. was one of our better players.
We need players who kick goals when we need them.
He can take as many marks as he wants up the ground it means nothing if we need goals.
If the passes are not the best he does not have the flexibility to reposition himself.
He can run straight at the ball for a good pass.
This limits his efforts.

So the team takes no marks until the 4th quarter in the forward 50 and he is our main forward and that is OK?
Sure the team has some responsibility but....
I am not saying he is not a good player but am saying he is not a great forward.

Shaun (from Essendon) was just given the most votes for kicking the goals when they were needed and that is my point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cue the "Scott is a great coach look at his winning percentage blah blah blah".

Another game where a team puts the pressure on, and gets a run on.

And what do we do? Let it happen.

Embarrassing and just another example of how Scott inherited a Premiership team in 2011 rather than won a Premiership in 2011. His is looking more and more like the worst Premiership coach going around.

Laugh all you want, but proof will be in finals this year, if we even make it, where other teams pressure us and get a run on, and we get obliterated. Just be glad tonights match was V Essendon, anyone else would have used tonight as a percentage booster and kept us to 2 goals.

Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisgraceful.

I await the Scott presser TL;dr, I won't watch because I assume it will be the same rhetoric.
Is Scott the sole blame for all the slow players in our team right now.?

Will get beaten by anyone if you continually turn the ball over like we did. They played well credit to them but we were so good at giving it back to them. Our decisions were horrible/ laughable playing danger in the ruck why?

So many down players, it's hard to pinpoint. Bombers were up and about, applying pressure and we couldn't handle it. Radio says one of the key messages to the Bombers was to control the ball moving forward. We, on the otherhand, were complete shambles.

They basically Geelonged Geelong.

PARSONS GTFO TO VFL.

And this will sound terrible, but it looked like Ablett was saving himself for finals. Only Selwood, Danger and Duncan can walk away chin up.

Why would you look at a team thats worked best with a ruck/fwd (Sav) to support the forward line and ruck and then willingly rest your first choice for the role while letting options 2 and 3 run around in the VFL? One of Stanley or Buzza should play that role, Tommy and Crammers aren't enough as targets up forward.

We need players who kick goals when we need them.
He can take as many marks as he wants up the ground it means nothing if we need goals.
If the passes are not the best he does not have the flexibility to reposition himself.
He can run straight at the ball for a good pass.
This limits his efforts.

So the team takes no marks until the 4th quarter in the forward 50 and he is our main forward and that is OK?
Sure the team has some responsibility but....
I am not saying he is not a good player but am saying he is not a great forward.

Shaun (from Essendon) was just given the most votes for kicking the goals when they were needed and that is my point
ball didnt get in the forward line in the first 3 qtrs.

Not concerned that it is always the exact same script?

No this one I will say let it go.

I have said enough comments over the years to know that as much as we are all burning right now .. that in the end its 4 points against a side that we will probably not play in the finals.

Player are human ..and as much as the mind spin mkultra brain doctors will say that you take every game as just a game etc ... a side can have a slightly off game ..meanwhile after Ess week..it was a bit too predictable that they come our like Bombers loaded with fatboys.

Geelong throughout its history has promised a little bit, then let you down. This isn’t because of the bottom 22-30 players. It seems to be more of a team thing. The club needs to look at themselves and ask what do they want to achieve. Two to three years they have left to win another premiership. They have the list but don’t have the mentality. The coaches would’ve known Essendon would’ve came out with passion, yet the players let the team down with this mentality.

Hopefully no one qeustions of why they have been mocked with the nickname the handbaggers. It’s an apt discription. Look good when things are going their way. Look like a bottom team when they don’t. What’s is going to change after this week? Is Chris Scott going to take a good hard look at himself or the team? probably after another few easy wins they’ll get ahead of themselves again. At least the 2007 team didn’t sing the song till after the grand final. This team is just happy to have more wins than losses during the home and away season.
I copped a ban last time i mentioned the word handbaggers

If only we'd stopped Essendon kicking their last goal keeping them to < 80 points we would have won I reckon. That was the thought wasn't it?

That one's been blown out of the water.

:shoutyoldman:

Worest game I've seen from Geelong in a very long time.

Bombers were good though so credit where it's due; their marks stuck and their leg speed left us in their wake.

Anyone willing to admit yet that Smith is no better than Stanley, and that Stanley has clearly been the better performed of the two this year?
Yep

Stanley at least works hard up and down the ground. Smith is lazy. And slow. And cumbersome. He wins taps but to no one in particular. He’s as soft as butter and should NEVER play afl again for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back