Preview Rd12: Changes & prematch discussion vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will run with the uncontested chip kicking bullshit in order to deny us run and gun goals. They rack up huge numbers of garbage possessions. Geelong 2018 are a team that plays damage control football.

We have to get the ball off them. I expect they will crab a win tomorrow.

However, I have no concerns about them whatsoever if we get to meet them with a near full strength side on the faster and wider decks at Docklands or the MCG in the finals.

They will run with the uncontested chip kicking bullshit in order to deny us run and gun goals. They rack up huge numbers of garbage possessions. Geelong 2018 are a team that plays damage control football.

We have to get the ball off them. I expect they will crab a win tomorrow.

However, I have no concerns about them whatsoever if we get to meet them with a near full strength side on the faster and wider decks at Docklands or the MCG in the finals.
Surely with us playing s**t football and having Hendo, Taylor, Guthrie, Menzel, Cockatoo and Selwood out and we’ve got the shittest rucks in the comp you’d have to give yourself a chance?

Surely with us playing s**t football and having Hendo, Taylor, Guthrie, Menzel, Cockatoo and Selwood out and we’ve got the shittest rucks in the comp you’d have to give yourself a chance?

Who is Selw, oh Duckwood, yeh there will be a few frees that will even things out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’d give ourselves a chance if the cats were playing great footy.

Why not?

In the first half.

Second half it died.
Pressure will be an issue, but I don't think it will be a repeat of last week.

1: As opposed to playing off the back of a wet slog it's after a soft game against the lions.
2: Our structures will be much less makeshift due to super late alterations
3: We won't be a pressure mid, and rotation, down after the five minute mark.

The game will most likely be won in the middle. We have a clearance advantage and we should almost 100% win. We can still win without it I think due to the strength of our other lines but it will be much harder.

Goldy will be the key player for the game IMO. If he can dominate his opponent and bring good pressure from second efforts, like last week, then we should be ... Gold.

Absolutely have to put a clamp on GAJ. I am sick to death of seeing him tear us a new one year in, and year out.

I mean seriously, the only time the Suns looked good was when he was playing for them and they were against us.

He must have someone run with him for the entire game.

Absolutely have to put a clamp on GAJ. I am sick to death of seeing him tear us a new one year in, and year out.

I mean seriously, the only time the Suns looked good was when he was playing for them and they were against us.

I haven't watched much of Geelong this year, but from what little I have seen Ablett has looked grumpier than usual. That at all accurate?

I am fearful of the Martians, the loss of Waite, our skinny midfield losing Anderson's work rate, and Geelongs chip kicking uncontested possession game contributing to running down our tanks during the course of the game. We looked tired in the second half last week after a slog in the wet in Perth. I hope they have freshened up enough.

I am fearful of the Martians, the loss of Waite, our skinny midfield losing Anderson's work rate, and Geelongs chip kicking uncontested possession game contributing to running down our tanks during the course of the game. We looked tired in the second half last week after a slog in the wet in Perth. I hope they have freshened up enough.

We will be fine, just checked the forecast, no rain :thumbsu: just looked at the umpires names, no :greenalien: we should be good for 4-5 goal win :moustache:

I think he is old and tired our young guys will sort him out, Danger the real danger and of course Black is the Kerridge contender so he warrants some extra attention.

2 of those players above would be getting games for us others are not that flashy. We don’t need your excuses the better team will win and if it happens to be you guys then we’ll played if not I don’t wanna see these excuses

Cockatoo and Selwood aren't much chop, the others (at their current stage) are c and b graders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back