Preview Round 4 - Changes/Prematch Discussion vs Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else still in shock that the terrible gameplan we saw in pre-season wasn't just a warm-up or tweak but was exactly what we planned to bring into the season proper? That not only did we have a bad gameplan we worked on all summer but that we singalled to the competition, two weeks in advance, that we were going to play an aggressive, handball heavy style that is easy to defend and that we don't have the players necessary to pull off?
Yeah, I think I am. When I saw it in the JLT, I thought it had to be a setup.... Just like AB telling Warney to bowl rubbish before the real stuff! Nekminit Fat Gats was in all sorts.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why drop Bailey Scott who provides run whilst Jy 'ball didn't bounce my way' Simpkin survives again?
If we were too tall in defense I would have preferred to play McKay forward instead of Mason 'I think I've pulled my groin again' Wood. At least we wold have the option to swing MacKay back if required.
Happy with Paul 'I've now got photos of the coach' Ahern coming back in, about time.
And Jed 'I've threatened to belt the coach' Anderson is a good in - as long as he's fit.
Although I almost would have preferred Dom 'I've got blond tips in my hair' Tyson playing instead of Kanye 'West' Turner.

Last edited:
We can do that for a quarter or a half. But when the game opens up late, they'll easily get away from us. We'd need to be 40 points up at half time, and I still won't be confident. Not to mention, that it's hard to be 40 points up with our forward line. We'd have to be up 48:8 or something like that...
Could we see a stand off, with each side waiting for the other to take possession so they can turn up the pressure and force a turnover and in doing so they then become the pressured, forced into a turnover.....

BAM.... An infinite loop of turnover now generates enough power to keep the lights on all year!

Very happy with three of the ins, would have preferred Larkey over Wood - would rather have seen Simkin rested than Scott, and not convinced McKay should be our - Adelaide doesn’t seem the opponent to go small in defence, and please no Brown in the ruck.

Not going to spend any energy on the Preuss trade - he wanted out, we got our points and trades and Campbell as insurance, and no one could foresee the Daw story.

Pruess is making Brad look even stupider if that's even possible.

Unbelievable he didn't play him last year (and Campbell this year) and let him go. For the record I was strongly against it.

Another mismanagement by Brad. It's going to take years to fix what he has done.
2 goals in the first quarter, will they swap him back for wood?

Pruess wanted to go, so he left. Sure he has 2 first quarter goals, but he also has no defensive pressure out of the backline. Hard to have 2 key forwards who offer little in that category!
Pruessy wanted to go because of the lack of opportunity he got here, defensive pressure? Would have been a shoe in in this year's team.

Im 50/50 on McKay - I dont think he is defending very well despite doing ok on that Irish Hawks guy on the weekend. He is not impacting a contest at all and is looking very unbalanced in any physical contest. In saying that, I would have thought we would need him when the crows have 3 talls in Tex, Jenkins and Lynch.

Durdin really picked a great time to almost cut his finger off - he would finally be getting some games and instead he gets to sit and watch.

I really like the 4 ins though. They make us a much better side

I am still in the Ben McKay forward camp. Can also pinch hit in the ruck from there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Four changes yet no statements made whatsoever.

Classic Brad.

You nong.

Were you under the belief that he had a clue mate?

Haven't you seen a selection committee meeting at North?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I think I am. When I saw it in the JLT, I thought it had to be a setup.... Just like AB telling Warney to bowl rubbish before the real stuff! Nekminit Fat Gats was in all sorts.

I just thought we were half arsing it in terms of effort, working more on our structures and familiarising the new blood with them, and getting miles into legs than actually focusing on game-plan and application. I thought our gameplan would actually be pretty ******* simple. It boggles my mind that we have elite intercept markers in the back, elite outside runners with skill on the wings, elite inside midfielders who can get the ball to the outside with gusto, literally the best leading forward in the comp and yet we still can't can't fashion a ******* gameplan that suits our strengths.

But nah. Lets ******* handball it from the back flank up to the edge of the square and then kick it to the three defenders on Brown. rofl. It's quite pathetic tbh.

Pruess wanted to go, so he left. Sure he has 2 first quarter goals, but he also has no defensive pressure out of the backline. Hard to have 2 key forwards who offer little in that category!
He left because he wasn't picked for an entire year which was classic Brad and rubbish. He was also contracted for 2 more years so if Brad wanted him or had played him he would still be here.

Wood and Campbell offer no defensive pressure either.

Brad Scott: ummm this week we need to make a statement by dropping our most inexperienced defender, I vote Ben McKay!

Match selection: but Brad, our issues have been our smaller half backs, medium defenders and the crows play three tall forwards.

Brad Scott: View attachment 652420
This meme could be truer than any of us may actually know is something I've heard from a couple of places over the years.

All this talk about dropping Lmac and Jmac is probably wanted but who comes in? We have Murphy... that’s it

The cupboard is bare.
McKay is stiff, I think he needs more experience
Campbell is so meh. But I can’t stand the thought of seeing Brown in the Ruck
Tyson is so slow. At least Brad has dropped someone he’s traded in lol
Bailey Scott is coming out for Zurhaar no doubt but he isn’t “rested” he’s definitely making way. Probably should have ******* rested him when he had gastro Brad?

Ahern in - good
Wood in - meh
Anderson - ******* good
Zurhaar - meh

I feel like we are going to be more aggressive for sure with Anderson in the middle. If the team sees him charging and taking crows players down and doesn’t lift us, I don’t know what will

50/50 game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back