Keeper Lg. BigFooty Dynasty (Ultimate Footy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn, only just realised how close I came to the win on the weekend 5-4 down after losing 90-89 on marks and 71-68 on tackles!

I seem to be consistently winning the scoring, having goalkicking defenders such as Naughton, Finlayson and Rozee certainly helps. Loving the way some of my young guys are tracking. Naughton, Rozee and Hately could be anything!

Jordie_tackles, I think you’ve got me this weekend. Meant to sneak a couple changes before the bounce but slept through. Witts will put up hit outs that’ll leave Nankervis in his dust.
Was waiting to see if you were going the two rucks or not, Parker and smith also put up some decent stats, will be very close anyway, coming down to tackles and FF FA!

Was waiting to see if you were going the two rucks or not, Parker and smith also put up some decent stats, will be very close anyway, coming down to tackles and FF FA!

The plan was to loop hole Sinclair and drop Nankervis into my utilities. That was the entire reason I brought in Ladhams so I had a non playing ruck I could loop hole 😄 (and his SANFL form had been outstanding).

I think with Cunningham still to play you’ve got tackles locked away. So it’s down to frees.. I’m also hoping that Cogs gets played as a forward and Cameron could kick a bag so *maybe* I can catch you on score. Maybe.

I think Nankervis getting injured probably saved me this round. He had 2 FA already and it’s fair to assume he’d have gotten at least one more. Close match up.

I think Nankervis getting injured probably saved me this round. He had 2 FA already and it’s fair to assume he’d have gotten at least one more. Close match up.
Yeah also hard to say but I didn’t roll with redman as he had 3 FA but he was subbed in for an injured burton. Good close game though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Urgh, what a killer. Tom Boyd just retired.

Yeah, I saw that. Very glad I didn't pursue him in the off-season, he's been on my list of targets for a while. That sucks though.

Wow did he just sacrifice like 2-3 million because he's lost the passion...🤔 He's gonna be regretting that if he ever has to work a 9-5.

Just shows there's more important things in life than money. And I imagine the 4 seasons he has spent at the Dogs on that money has probably softened the blow somewhat.

Boyd’s a funny one. On quick glance you’d say his recruitment was a massive failure. But then you look at it if Boyd isn’t on their list do the Dogs win the 2016 GF?? If not then he was worth every cent

Yeah, I saw that. Very glad I didn't pursue him in the off-season, he's been on my list of targets for a while. That sucks though.

Just shows there's more important things in life than money. And I imagine the 4 seasons he has spent at the Dogs on that money has probably softened the blow somewhat.
Oh yeh, money isn't that important for sure. But it opens the door and it allows you to do a lot of things you can't do without it. Just speaking from personal experience a little bit. When you're 23 and you've had a high paying job that's not really a job and you've gotten use to good money coming really easily, you don't value it the same as when you work a normal job.

Anyways, I assume every dog fan would give him that contract again. He earned it all in that prelim and GF. Seems unlikely Dogs win without him on GF day. Hopefully Tom figures out the mental health stuff for his sake.

Boyd’s a funny one. On quick glance you’d say his recruitment was a massive failure. But then you look at it if Boyd isn’t on their list do the Dogs win the 2016 GF?? If not then he was worth every cent

He was the difference on GF day. Given a choice between not signing him and giving him the same contract, knowing what they know now, every Doggies supporter would happily hand him the same contract Unknown Caller Zim^zuM tell me I’m wrong :)

As a doggies mate pointed out his contract was highly front ended and the dogs may be able to pay him out a percentage of what’s left also.

Hope he does what makes him happy if that isn’t footy, he should have plenty on cash to allow him to live a great life.

Will always be that premiership hero if nothing else.

Ask any fan, in particular a demons, saints, freo fan if they would pay $5-7 million for a player that makes the difference in a prelim amd gf and they will all say yes. Worth every cent. GWS selected Marchbank with the pic we gave up.

Also any payment for 2020 and 2021 dont have to come under the salary cap

Last edited:
Im sure many have seen this posted....

Tom Boyd played 52 games & kicked 42 goals.
EJ Whitten also had 42 goals after 52 games. Career W-L for TB (61 games) 32-29.
EJ’s W-L after 61 games = 32-29.
22/8/1995 EJ laid to rest/birth of Tom Boyd.

Read somewhere it has worked out the $100,000 per match paid. So he has been paid most of the contract

Im sure many have seen this posted....

Tom Boyd played 52 games & kicked 42 goals.
EJ Whitten also had 42 goals after 52 games. Career W-L for TB (61 games) 32-29.
EJ’s W-L after 61 games = 32-29.
22/8/1995 EJ laid to rest/birth of Tom Boyd.
That’s silly! Amazing

I've got future picks available at the moment, looking for depth and quality in defence and potentially the midfield. Injury list is mounting and all of Short, Cunningham, Wines, Cotchin, Nankervis and Devon Smith are out for 6-8 weeks. Open to offers :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back