Opinion Which H/A loss under Hinkley has been the most embarassing?

Remove this Banner Ad

chickentendies

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Mar 26, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So now we have quite the repertoire of losses built up under Hinkley, I think its time we begin to wonder which one has honestly been the worst. I'm trying to decide myself currently, is it:
- The loss to Brisbane in 2015
- The loss to Carlton in 2015
- The loss to GWS by 86 points in 2016
- The loss to Crows by 84 points in 2017
- The loss to Essendon by 70 in 2017
- The second after the siren loss to WCE in 2018
- The loss to Brisbane where we postured we'd rough up Neale, then lose by 48 points in 2019
- The loss to North by 86 points in 2019

There are obviously others. Any contributions are naturally welcome. I think tonight's effort is definitely in the top 3.

The worst one I attended was against Freo at Subi in 2016.

They were last. Michael Barlowe turned back the clock. Robbie turned in a performance I can only characterise as petulant. We lost. It sucked. I had to put up with unjustifiably smug Freo supporters gloating for the week.

Never did see us win at Subi. Farken.

the essendon loss is up there

the week before we pulverised hawthorn and were up 62-3 at HALF TIME. things were rosy

then we went to docklands and played a mediocre bummers outfit and were down 48 to 9 in the first quarter

that doesnt sound familiar at all does it?

West coast final, and today.

Today, we got our pants pulled down and put over our heads. It was men vrs boys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think the crows one when 84 points wasn't a fair reflection of the game.
Should have been more like 140.
inside 50's were something like 80 to 30 (which isn't a useless stat like when we do it, 2017 crows could convert way better than us)

Too emotional in everything they do, up one week down the next. It starts at the top and filters down thru the playing group. Kochie will come out and beat his chest again this week and make idle threats. Ken will target someone this week and drop 5 players most probably. Why don't they shut up and just concentrate on improving there football. The midfield is full of slugs, why is Wines playing on a wing? Because Rockliff can only play in the middle of the ground and can't run or penetrate the game. Port are not as tough as they think they are.

So now we have quite the repertoire of losses built up under Hinkley, I think its time we begin to wonder which one has honestly been the worst. I'm trying to decide myself currently, is it:
- The loss to Brisbane in 2015
- The loss to Carlton in 2015
- The loss to GWS by 86 points in 2016
- The loss to Crows by 84 points in 2017
- The loss to Essendon by 70 in 2017
- The second after the siren loss to WCE in 2018
- The loss to Brisbane where we postured we'd rough up Neale, then lose by 48 points in 2019
- The loss to North by 86 points in 2019

There are obviously others. Any contributions are naturally welcome. I think tonight's effort is definitely in the top 3.
The crows 2017 showdown loss was the worst. Not because I hate the crows, its because we were lucky it wasn't a 150 pt loss.

The weather was terrible but the crows kicked 18.22 from 81 inside 50's and we kicked 7.4 from 31 inside 50's, basically the amount you get in half a game or maybe 2.3 quarters. I don't remember having -50 I50 differential as well as a -46 contested possession differential and -29 scoring shots in any of those other games. Even tonight it was -22 I50 and -51 contested possessions and -16 scoring shots in perfect conditions..

Who paid for it? Jacko and Monfries and Aaron Young with their career at Ports. These 3 never played again for the club and SPP and Homsch were also dropped after the game, but came back.

Last edited:
• Carlton 2013, farewell to AAMI. 39pt lead 18 mins into Q3, in what was a confident, imposing display to that point. Concede 10.5 to 4.2 in the next quarter and a bit to lose by a point.

• Essendon 2014, the beginning of the slide. Still sitting pretty at 11-3 despite a pair of unfortunate losses in the previous three weeks, we were red hot favourites to return to winning ways against a mediocre Bombers outfit.

Cue the trademark structural clusterf**k, a string of skill errors and a host of Essendon spuds playing out of their skins and Port coughs up one of a zillion narrow losses under Hinkley to the backdrop of Jarrod Walsh’s “SCREAM AS LOUD AS YOU CAN, POWER FANS!” crowd-o-meter.

• Sydney 2015, the Farris Bowl. The reheated corpse of Jarrad Redden replaces John Butcher because reasons. Port gets laughed out of its own building.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back