Opinion Which H/A loss under Hinkley has been the most embarassing?

Remove this Banner Ad

There's 3 that will standout for a life time for me.

1) Carlton 2015. Probably because I was there. It had everything. The totally nonchalant first three quarters where with our season on the line we put in the most meek effort you'll ever see. Then we had our patented faux comeback where we kicked something like 7 goals in 9 minutes to get within a point with still 10 minutes left, only to suddenly not be able to score by our patented 's**t the bed' forward system. I've never been so angry after a loss.

2) Freo 2018. Locking ourselves in the top 4 to play for after results went our way and we play probably the most useless, pointless game i've ever seen. Everyone looked hungover. Against a terrible team. Cost us our season. We never recovered.

3) Yesterday. Again, everything to play for, Crows get done by heaps. All we have to do is be competitive. A win seals finals. Even a close loss probably seals finals for us. Then that. Whatever the * that was. Against a team that kicked 1 goal last week. To allow a player to kick more than your entire score. ******* pathetic.

If we miss out on finals for the second year running because we completely shat the bed and didnt turn up when we had the chance to lock ourselves into finals then many many heads should roll. Zero motivation in key moments defines the Hinkley era.

Oh the memories. I don't have a most memorable game, it the whole 2008-current era that will forever make me jaded.

But let's back in the coach that cannot even get a full funded, talent loaded team into the finals.

Last nights game takes the cake for me worst loss that makes me ashamed. But the angriest ive been at our club was after the so called Phil walsh showdown. Giving the crows virtually joint rights to our home showdown add the fact we were conspired against and reamed by the umpires that day made it for a very unpleasant experience

For me the worst losses under Hinkley are the ones where the entire game is a boring grind only for us to continuously end up losing by 1-2 goals. The Richmond game earlier this year sticks out as a prime example. Death by a 1000 cuts.

I have woken up so gutted this morning, probably more so than after any other loss. Therefore this is probably the worst.

Was expecting to see a bigger list if I'm being honest
The loss to Freo when it looked as if we decided we didn't need to attack in the last quarter.

It's burned into my memory one of them holding up the scarf looking around in the goal square as the umpire bounces the ball in the middle

The goal umpire of all people has to tell them all to **** off. And then BT in commentary - "GET OFF THE GROUND FARRIS BROTHERS, IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU"

For me the worst losses under Hinkley are the ones where the entire game is a boring grind only for us to continuously end up losing by 1-2 goals. The Richmond game earlier this year sticks out as a prime example. Death by a 1000 cuts.

If I were running the club, I'd sit Ken down in a theatre room and make him watch all 5 games against West Coast at AO back to back to back to back to back. And when McGovern slots the match winner in game 5, I'd turn on the lights and tell him he's sacked.

If I were running the club, I'd sit Ken down in a theatre room and make him watch all 5 games against West Coast at AO back to back to back to back to back. And when McGovern slots the match winner in game 5, I'd turn on the lights and tell him he's sacked.

Strap him into his chair and pin his eyes open clockwork orange style

Everything about last night makes it the worst for me considering the current state of our list. From the selections, what was on the line, other results falling our way and we still managed to * it up in spectacular fashion.

Choco and Primus walked for less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last night by a mile.

The bar against Carlton '15, Brisbane '15, Carlton '16, Freo '18 etc was to not lose. We didn't clear that bar. But the bar was still set at 'win a game of AFL football', and as Ken loves to tell us its a tough game and somebody's gotta lose.

Last night, with our season on the line, the bar was 'don't lose to a bottom 6 team with nothing to play for by at least 86 points'. We didn't have to win. We didn't even have to get close to winning. Maybe it's a tough game and somebody has to lose, but nobody has to lose by 86 points.

Last edited:
Those fevola Carlton come from behinds at FP hurt.

Wangas 300th hurt

Carlton at MCG a few feedback with krak and Mitchell the go to guys at the end

Essendon at Etihad last year first half. V Collingwood this year. Last night

The cluster vs Geelong. Dixon choked. Napoleon Westhoff fell over, then boak ran away from selwood at the end who goaled. I wrote a page on that last minute

That last minute. We had a monfries fluke to get us in the finals. A Ryder to Gray piece of magic. But a fluke.

Overall the minute. Last one vs West coast. Well, What is there left after that .

Last night. Come on
Something was at play last night. We aren't that bad. Something else was happening out there.

I'm glad it happened. I was happy so I'm not hurt. I've been to hurt for last night to matter.

Anyone feeling anything needs to recognise the hurt is not about the result, it is that tjey fell for it and didn't see the previous 2 games as wind over cripples and nothing more.

Best result we could have had in the long run

🤷‍♂️

Our ability to lose to sides we should beat Carlton, Freo, Brisbane, Richmond 2nds, Bulldogs this year, Hawthorn this year, Freo this year, North and our ability to turn opposition players into stars (Grimes, Keath, Brown, Larkey, Goldstein, etc, etc) is second to none.

Odd selections, puzzling strategies and a complete lack of motivation.

Why weren’t our best ruck and third KPD in the side? Why was butters still getting games after clearly showing signs of fatigue? Why was Burton rushed back in when it goes against your previously stated policy of players returning through the twos? Why didn’t any of the players care? Why were they unwilling to work? To fight? To guts it out? Do they have no pride? Why doesn’t Ken give the team the whack they deserve? Why doesn’t he say in his press conference, “That was completely and utterly pathetic. We let ourselves and the club down badly. That was unacceptable. Full stop.”

Teams must love playing us. Mark it down in their calendars. Find some spud players they can get into their side to kill us with. They wouldn’t fear our team, our list, our coaches, our Oval, our supporters or our Club.

PAFC - we exist to embarrass our members and be the butt of jokes in the AFL.

It's unfortunate that some of those 80 point losses weren't actually 100 points like they easily could have been. For some reason it never blows out to triple figures, just a large enough margin to embarrass us but not enough to get Hinkley criticised.

If last nights loss hadn't happened before under Hinkley 1-2 times a year then I'd say the players threw that match.

Richmond 2015 pre-season
Kane Cornes' 300th
Carlton touched mark-fest 2015
Brisbane "Let's put this in the end of season documentary to show how pissed and serious we are" 2015
Bulldogs kill finals chances after we're looking on track to win by 100 2015
GWS Canberra lay-down 2016
Cam O'Shea wants to get de-listed against Carlton 2016
Pavlich retirement God Mode 2016
Essendon Globe-trot 1 2017
Adelaide's 40 scoring shots in the wet 2017
Extra time loss so good we extend the contract 2017
Essendon Globe-trot 2 2018
Two goals after Half Time in Tasmania 2018
Non-descript Freo loss after the bye 2018
Dixon's leg disintegrates along with our season West Coast 2018
VFL Richmond 2019
Aidyn Johnson plays the Showdown - Adelaide intercept-bot wins medal 2019
Collingwood, Hawthorn, Brisbane first quarters 2019
Fremantle last quarter 2019
Bulldogs 2019
North Melbourne 2019

It all blends into one melange of mediocrity with diminishing returns and increasing pain and frustration.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back