List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First day I've really listened to Trade Radio.

Why do they spend most of the time taking calls. I don't think anybody wants to hear it. They should just be bringing players or player managers in to talk potential deals and/or the progress of them.

So boring but happens every year. AFL reduced the period to 2 weeks but I think it needs to be reduced further. Give them one week Monday-Sunday to get it all done. Not like clubs haven't been negotiating with each other all year anyway.
I think the amount of posts on this thread show it’s a huge success.

And if we miss out on Hill we can do the trade for the four players we are bringing without actually losing anyone so I'm not sure what your point is.

Paying overs for Hill simply to look "relevant" is a GCS strategy - we are not that bad.

If we miss out on Hill and Lethlean tells me its because the goals posts were changed at the last minute and St Kilda FC refused to be manipulated into paying substantial overs - I'll go away from the trade period a very happy man.

Do you honestly believe that if we miss out on Hill that Bruce and Steven stick around?

How do you know the goal posts moved? Did Fremantle ever come out and say they wanted to trade Hill or that they'd let him go for 6 and a future 2nd?

The board is giving our guys so much benefit of the doubt at every turn.

Trading for Hill quality makes sense. Not so sure buying up GOPs on masse is a great strategy long term. You are paying with draft picks and overs in salary to get them in. A good diversified strategy is ideal. The Hawks draft very well with the picks they do get. Worpol, Hardwick and Mitchell Lewis wouldn't have cost a pick under 40, all are good developing players.
No I agree I'm talking about Hill here. I'm not convinced on Ryder or Jones. Howard's got the goods though and Butler is a premiership small forward who's better than all our current small forwards so they're both good in my view.

Do you honestly believe that if we miss out on Hill that Bruce and Steven stick around?

How do you know the goal posts moved? Did Fremantle ever come out and say they wanted to trade Hill or that they'd let him go for 6 and a future 2nd?

The board is giving our guys so much benefit of the doubt at every turn.
I think asking for 6 this year and next years first suggest the goal posts moved 180 degrees.

No I agree I'm talking about Hill here. I'm not convinced on Ryder or Jones. Howard's got the goods though and Butler is a premiership small forward who's better than all our current small forwards so they're both good in my view.
Not sure butler is better than all of our small forwards. Reckon we will be rating him like most rated kent throughout the year.

So I am hoping we keep Bruce unless doggies cough up 13. With Bing committing to foldcoast I sincerely hope Ratts masterplan is not to play Carlisle as a forward. We can get all deals done with trading bruce.

Stuv to Cats for 37
12, P37 & future 3rd to Freo for Hill
18 to Port for Howard & Ryder
Future 2nd for Jones
Pick in the 70s to get Butler

First day I've really listened to Trade Radio.

Why do they spend most of the time taking calls. I don't think anybody wants to hear it. They should just be bringing players or player managers in to talk potential deals and/or the progress of them.

So boring but happens every year. AFL reduced the period to 2 weeks but I think it needs to be reduced further. Give them one week Monday-Sunday to get it all done. Not like clubs haven't been negotiating with each other all year anyway.
Reduced? It used to be four days.... I didn't realise it ever was more than that? Or better yet make it one day - TRADING DAY.

it's not like the National Draft or the Fixture release goes over multiple days...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the dogs’ trading department run by BigFooty posters? Saying you will get Keath and Bruce without touching pick 13 is great posturing, but actually sticking to it makes me concerned that they genuinely believe they can do it.

From somewhat admirable bravado to downright lunacy in a split second.

What is with the cats, dogs etc who think they are in the premiership window worrying so much over a couple of picks? Bizarre to me.
Dogs could get 2 players they want locked in and still draft at 23. They even have top end academy boys locked in for young talent intake next year

So I am hoping we keep Bruce unless doggies cough up 13. With Bing committing to foldcoast I sincerely hope Ratts masterplan is not to play Carlisle as a forward. We can get all deals done with trading bruce.

Stuv to Cats for 37
12, P37 & future 3rd to Freo for Hill
18 to Port for Howard & Ryder
Future 2nd for Jones
Pick in the 70s to get Butler
I think today showed we are happy to lose bruce for mid 20’s. We aren’t getting 13. Not a hope

"But the Dogs remained adamant Pick 13 is not for sale and resolute in their belief they can land Keath from Adelaide and Bruce from St Kilda while hanging onto the first-round selection. "

they're delusional, bit like Bell, time to move on...

get the Ryder and Howard deal done. go back to Freo get the Hill deal done. then make WB sweat on Bruce.
Happy to keep Bruce

Not the point. Back page every day. On the news every night. Own trade shows. Where is the cricket, soccer and basketball. No where to be seen.
Well it does stem the gap between end of footy season and the start of summer sports so fair point. Like you said, there's some what 7,000 odd posts in this thread? So I guess it must be working.

What is with the cats, dogs etc who think they are in the premiership window worrying so much over a couple of picks? Bizarre to me.
Dogs could get 2 players they want locked in and still draft at 23. They even have top end academy boys locked in for young talent intake next year
The only reason I can think is that we have somebody on the radar for pick 13

Think most people think it would be a reasonable deal

"But the Dogs remained adamant Pick 13 is not for sale and resolute in their belief they can land Keath from Adelaide and Bruce from St Kilda while hanging onto the first-round selection. "

they're delusional, bit like Bell, time to move on...

get the Ryder and Howard deal done. go back to Freo get the Hill deal done. then make WB sweat on Bruce.

Delusional is absolutely correct. What’s their next pick?

Stuff ‘em. I’ve always been happy to keep Bruce for another year ( not that it really matters what I want ☺️)

Sounds like 28 was good enough though. If 32 gets jones then it doesn’t really matter if it’s 28 or 32.

So long as the IF is real.

I personally dont mind what we give up within reason, it's the end result that matters. If we pay overs so be it, i couldn't care less. But i reckon we can get all deals done and still keep Bruce so no need to give him away for peanuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back