Opinion Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The haters should park their hate for 7 months. The chances of getting what you want in September one way or another (a competitive and competing Port Adelaide or Ken's scalp) looks very likely.

There's 3 scenarios

1. Acceptable - Finish top 4 for the first time in Hinkley's tenure and we're probably all far happier. Although the reality is we are not even close to a top 4 contender.
2. Unacceptable - Finish 5-8 and not only is it a failure, but there'll be an auto-triggered extension for Ken which is the absolute worst case imaginable.
3. Fantastic - Finish out of the 8, Ken is gone, hope is restored, excitement generated and the appropriate shakeup to our game plan and players will occur.

The most "LIKELY" would be 2 or 3.

The 2nd and a 5-8th finish is not an acceptable result in any way, shape or form.

Absolute worst case is we finish 8th, we lose the first final by a truckload and Ken is auto-extended.

But this time his comments weren't soft.

By all means complain about his previous soft comments

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We've heard this s**t from them before.
Remember the "sleeping giant..beware we're coming" comments? They even had it on billboards.
What happened? Did we come? Or did Koch splooge in his pants prematurely listening to the used car salesman known as Ken Hinkley?

There's 3 scenarios

1. Finish top 4 for the first time in Hinkley's tenure and we're probably all far happier. Although the reality is we are not even close to a top 4 contender.
2. Finish 5-8 and not only is it a failure, but there'll be an auto-triggered extension for Ken which is the absolute worst case imaginable.
3. Finish out of the 8, Ken is gone, hope is restored, excitement generated and the appropriate shakeup to our game plan and players will occur.

So there's 2 scenarios that are ok. Top 4 or missing the 8. None of this scraping in bullshit again.

Absolute worst case is we finish 8th, we lose the first final by a truckload and Ken is auto-extended.

Another one, we miss out on the 8 on percentage.
They'll renew him for another couple years.

Ken's comment is great.
It means he will be benchmarked against a flag in 2020.
Anything less, he's gone.
I wish that would be the case. But realistically, Ken, the hierarchy, and the happy clappers will change the narrative to suit as the season goes on. The press will of course slavishly accept whatever drivel is rolled out. The only benchmarking against a flag will happen here on these boards.

Ken's comment is great.
It means he will be benchmarked against a flag in 2020.
Anything less, he's gone.
lol

If we don't look anywhere near it, the comment will be spun as "every team wants to win flags, only 1 team can each year" so quickly.

As for putting the hate aside and being positive? I've been told to put aside the hate and be positive every year since the 2017 preseason. It doesn't wash anymore. The club can't so much as acknowledge past mistakes. There's no evidence they've learned anything.

Hinkley is like the person who has left you in the lurch numerous times in the past telling you that things will be different this time.
Too right. Admittedly I don't pay that much attention to other clubs, but I've never seen a coach chop and change his messaging and approach like Ken does. The only rational conclusion to draw is that he just doesn't know how to develop and build a truly successful team and he just sort of flounders around hoping something will work.

Last edited:
It's not about what he did say. Nobody has a problem with this club aiming to win premierships.

It's what he didn't say.

He hasn't taken a skerrick of responsibility for the last 5 years, where we've been an absolute s**t show under his stewardship. And now he's telling us we expect to win the flag. It's pretty clearly just a members survey driven PR move. An empty promise that he'll face no extra scrutiny for failing to keep. He's the perfect coach here at David Koch FC, where nobody is held accountable for their performance.
I won't have a trouble with the statement if there was any chance of him being held to it (ie. at least making finals / looking like making finals through the year). We all know we'll be mid-table and it'll quietly change to 'young list, tough season, etc etc'. It's easy to spin s**t when you're never called out for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me Ken knows he can say whatever the hell he wants now....it's obvious.

If he gets close or succeeds it's a win...

If he doesn't he collects his pay and doesn't have to face the burden of the backfire from the comment as he will be out the door.

There's 3 scenarios

1. Acceptable - Finish top 4 for the first time in Hinkley's tenure and we're probably all far happier. Although the reality is we are not even close to a top 4 contender.
2. Unacceptable - Finish 5-8 and not only is it a failure, but there'll be an auto-triggered extension for Ken which is the absolute worst case imaginable.
3. Fantastic - Finish out of the 8, Ken is gone, hope is restored, excitement generated and the appropriate shakeup to our game plan and players will occur.

The most "LIKELY" would be 2 or 3.

The 2nd and a 5-8th finish is not an acceptable result in any way, shape or form.

I want to play finals, we've had one miserable finals loss in 5 years so to say that making the finals in 5 - 8 is unacceptable yet missing the finals is fantastic is a strange opinion to me.

I'm not looking at this from a KH contract point of view, i want the club to improve and move in the right direction and a 5 - 8 finish would do that. And hey the dogs won the premiership from 7th, and GWS made the GF from 6th and many other teams have made prelims from 5 - 8 so its not the worst scenario.

i just can't help but think i'd rather be in the finals than out of them again.

We could finish bottom 4 and Ken will be gone (which will be the fantastic part) but finishing bottom 4 sure won't feel fantastic to me and if we are actually that bad this year i don't think much hope or excitement will be generated from that no matter who the next coach will be.

I want to play finals, we've had one miserable finals loss in 5 years so to say that making the finals in 5 - 8 is unacceptable yet missing the finals is fantastic is a strange opinion to me.

I'm not looking at this from a KH contract point of view, i want the club to improve and move in the right direction and a 5 - 8 finish would do that. And hey the dogs won the premiership from 7th, and GWS made the GF from 6th and many other teams have made prelims from 5 - 8 so its not the worst scenario.

i just can't help but think i'd rather be in the finals than out of them again.

We could finish bottom 4 and Ken will be gone (which will be the fantastic part) but finishing bottom 4 sure won't feel fantastic to me and if we are actually that bad this year i don't think much hope or excitement will be generated from that no matter who the next coach will be.

My dream is we lose the first 5, Hinkley walks, I renew my membership and then Schofield leads us on a barn storming run into the finals..... that's my dream.

Yeah, and the bizarre things is, flatlining for years around the middle of the ladder is perceived as an upward trend by these clowns.

Making the 8 would be an upward trend for us.

Just making the finals would be our equal 3rd best season in 13 years. Win a final and it'd be our equal 2nd best season in 13 years.

The benchmark has been set so incredibly low at this club by multiple generations of players and coaches that being just OK would actually look like a relative success.

You're excited?

Oh boy.

Don't get me wrong I'm excited to see our new crop of youngsters but we are not coming close to making the 8.

Coming close to making the 8 is actually what we do really well.

Tredrea is not gullible. You need to divide the tweets Tredrea sends out that form a part of his media role, then the ones he sends out that have a little more insight into his personal feelings. Look hard enough, especially at the tweets Tredrea "likes" and you quickly learn he's no fan of Ken.

I'm pretty sure Ken has been instructed to use "premiership or nothing" language from now on. The club knows how sh***y supporters are with Ken's "someone has to lose, its all too tough for us" crap. That's why we hate him.

I'm pretty sure Ken has been instructed to use "premiership or nothing" language from now on. The club knows how sh***y supporters are with Ken's "someone has to lose, its all too tough for us" crap. That's why we hate him.
I wonder what the messaging is internally.

Is it like the captaincy?

The feedback is that we need to tell the members we are trying to win the cup. But don't worry lads. We are that unreasonable. It's a tough competition so if we can just try and get close to winning half our games we will have done well.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back