Practice match vs Richmond at Wangaratta 1/3

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is anyone going? I've got a ticket coming through my membership so I thought I'd try make a day of it and check out Wangaratta but it seems there is no way to get home to Melbourne on public transport from Wangaratta by the time the game is finished which will only be about 7pm.

I think it's a bit silly to schedule games that people in Melbourne can't get to. You would think it would benefit the regional towns to have city supporters coming down and services would be arranged but it seems you would be stranded if went to this game and tried to get back to Melbourne.

the public transport part is which has got me hesitant about going. I wasn't sure when the last train would be.

It seems it would be too late, the last train is at 6pm, the game starts at 4pm. If you want to go you have to stay overnight somewhere which is silly i think. Surely they could put on a Melbourne train to cater for this big event in Wangaratta.

It seems it would be too late, the last train is at 6pm, the game starts at 4pm. If you want to go you have to stay overnight somewhere which is silly i think. Surely they could put on a Melbourne train to cater for this big event in Wangaratta.

Or we could just play at Vic Park and not have to travel to these places.

Last edited:
I think it's a terrific concept to play these games in regional cities. Not everyone can get to Melbourne and I think it's good to make footy accessible or more convenient to country audiences. I've travelled to Morwell and Moe in recent years and it's been an enjoyable day.

Although the LaTrobe Valley games have had earlier starts, marking public transport more viable, they've been played on the Sunday or Monday public holiday when bugger all shops/cafes/etc have been open. I'm far from the only one from travels from Melbourne, and I'm sure local businesses would have been well supported on a different day of the week.

In terms of this game in Wangaratta I was surprised it's a twilight match and not co-ordinating with public transport is silly.

With the bushfire relief game taking the top talent out of this match I was unsure if I'd go, however I pre-booked my ticket during the week. I'll have an empty car if anyone is eager to get their footy fix, but finding the commute problematic.

I think it's a terrific concept to play these games in regional cities. Not everyone can get to Melbourne and I think it's good to make footy accessible or more convenient to country audiences. I've travelled to Morwell and Moe in recent years and it's been an enjoyable day.

Although the LaTrobe Valley games have had earlier starts, marking public transport more viable, they've been played on the Sunday or Monday public holiday when bugger all shops/cafes/etc have been open. I'm far from the only one from travels from Melbourne, and I'm sure local businesses would have been well supported on a different day of the week.

In terms of this game in Wangaratta I was surprised it's a twilight match and not co-ordinating with public transport is silly.

With the bushfire relief game taking the top talent out of this match I was unsure if I'd go, however I pre-booked my ticket during the week. I'll have an empty car if anyone is eager to get their footy fix, but finding the commute problematic.

It's much better to play at the clubs spiritual home like Vic Park - look how successful the Saints home game was, the fans loved it and its a lot easier to get to. Plus the players would hate having to drive for hours to play at some shitty ground with poor facilities.

It's much better to play at the clubs spiritual home like Vic Park - look how successful the Saints home game was, the fans loved it and its a lot easier to get to. Plus the players would hate having to drive for hours to play at some shitty ground with poor facilities.
You're a hard man, Kappa!! Of course it would be better for the Melbourne-based fans if the game was played somewhere closer to home, and plenty would be happy if it was at Victoria Park (not sure about the Richmond fans!). The whole idea of taking these games to the country is to cater for the people who don't get much of a chance to see their team play.

But they ran out of beer at qtr time!!

Team named.

B: Crisp | Roughead | Madgen
HB: Maynard | Keane | Mayne
C: T Brown | Treloar | Hoskin-Elliott
HF: Elliott | Reid | Mihocek
F: Stephenson | Cox | De Goey
Foll: Cameron | Wills | Adams
Int: Noble | Bosenavulagi | C Brown | Phillips | Thomas | Daicos | Murphy | Bianco
Emer: Sier | Rantall | Kelly | Ruscoe

Shame that Sier is only an emergency. Interesting that Rantall is an emergency and Bianco is playing, despite the club talking up Rantall a bit this pre-season.

Of the ones we know aren't injured, Scharenberg, Tohill, Lynch, Wilson and (surprisingly) Quaynor are nowhere to be seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team named.

B: Crisp | Roughead | Madgen
HB: Maynard | Keane | Mayne
C: T Brown | Treloar | Hoskin-Elliott
HF: Elliott | Reid | Mihocek
F: Stephenson | Cox | De Goey
Foll: Cameron | Wills | Adams
Int: Noble | Bosenavulagi | C Brown | Phillips | Thomas | Daicos | Murphy | Bianco
Emer: Sier | Rantall | Kelly | Ruscoe

Tyler gone past Callum?

Intresting they have Cameron as our Ruckman without Grundy.

Shame that Sier is only an emergency. Interesting that Rantall is an emergency and Bianco is playing, despite the club talking up Rantall a bit this pre-season.

Of the ones we know aren't injured, Scharenberg, Tohill, Lynch, Wilson and (surprisingly) Quaynor are nowhere to be seen.
Other than Rantall winning the time trials I haven’t heard too much more about him around the traps. Bianco seems to have a lot more of the hype around him from training reports and the scratch match. But anyway I’m sure we’ll see him soon enough.

Other than Rantall winning the time trials I haven’t heard too much more about him around the traps. Bianco seems to have a lot more of the hype around him from training reports and the scratch match. But anyway I’m sure we’ll see him soon enough.

Rantall was Descent in Practice Game. Got quite a Few Touches and used it Okay

So I imagine the four to be dropped will just shift to the emergency list? Not sure why they both naming four emergencies now in that case because they'll just disappear.

Maybe the slight concussion he got last week might be the reason his just an emergency?

COLLINGWOOD

B: J.Crisp 25 J.Roughead 23 J.Madgen 44
HB: B.Maynard 37 M.Keane 47 C.Mayne 16
C: T.Brown 6 A.Treloar 7 W.Hoskin-Elliott 32
HF: J.Elliott 5 B.Reid 20 B.Mihocek 41
F: J.Stephenson 1 M.Cox 46 J.De Goey 2
Foll: D.Cameron 14 R.Wills 33 T.Adams - C 13
I/C: J.Noble 9 A.Bosenavulagi 40 C.Brown 17 T.Phillips 21 J.Thomas 24 J.Daicos 26 N.Murphy 28 T.Bianco 34

Emerg: B.Sier 36 J.Rantall 35 W.Kelly 27 T.Ruscoe 39

Full squad: J.Crisp, J.Roughead, J.Madgen, B.Maynard, M.Keane, C.Mayne, T.Brown, A.Treloar, W.Hoskin-Elliott, J.Elliott, B.Reid, B.Mihocek, J.Stephenson, M.Cox, J.De Goey, D.Cameron, R.Wills, T.Adams, J.Noble, A.Bosenavulagi, C.Brown, T.Phillips, J.Daicos, J.Thomas, N.Murphy, T.Bianco

Remove this Banner Ad

Back