Rumour GFC 2020 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we lose Parfitt then we've got a serious problem, both in the sense of culture (we want essential players to want to stay) and of football: he was fantastic on Sunday when the game wasn't going our way, when others with much bigger reputations weren't doing anything like the level of work off the ball.

Brisbane board seems very confident on Cockatoo ... makes sense he teams up with the bloke who had the locker next to his at Geelong.

Can't help wondering whether it's better medical staff that's made the difference to McCarthy, age, or weather. Or some combination of those?

If we lost Parfitt ...it would pull the rug out from under our feet for the dualistic approach ..while no AA kid , he is as good as we have had in the last 4 years.

Would love Cameron but if I were Cameron I'd chase the $$$ and go Essendon, it's probably his last chance to chase a massive contract offer given his age, he hasn't come from a cellar dweller club and wants a feel of footy finals like Lynch

Essendon may have a "warchest" so to speak but they have to get players to actually want to go there, they are a rabble at the moment and are losing some quality players.
This

NM had a war chest for years on end and still couldn’t get anyone

If we get them ..or not ... if we could work out a way to get to Norths pick we should consider... P2 for P11 & P16. (probably P2 for P14 & P20). but I doubt North do it ... it might take adding players to that as well. Expensive trade.

Sorry, might have missed something. Why would Nth trade their pick 2?

Zac Merrett must be our number 1 target this year. He would be a great addition to the midfield, elite skills and great work ethic.
Brad crouch is slow, injury prone and a c grade midfielder at best
Shaun Higgins is too old - will be 33 next year

Wellsy, scott must go hard for Merrett.

Wait until he is a free agent next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Clark , hope the fresh year and no hub life settles... but buy low sell high worked well for Kelly and demonstrates now is the wrong time to let him go... next year has a few more options ..and hopefully JC ..gets into the side and plays well.

I absolutely agree and I assume the club thinks the same. There is nothing either WA club is likely to offer us now that would tempt me to trade Clark this year.

So .. we see a Crows situation...if the offer doesn't trigger Band1 .. currently what is rumoured is one the edge ..650*5 ... so Ess match .. and Brisbane get it done ?

It's a tricky one..depends what $ are needed for band 1 to be triggered.. Brisbane might offer more money if it means they don't have to trade..same with us and Cameron.

If we get them ..or not ... if we could work out a way to get to Norths pick we should consider... P2 for P11 & P16. (probably P2 for P14 & P20). but I doubt North do it ... it might take adding players to that as well. Expensive trade.

North won't do it they want McDonald or Holland's I reckon.

Would love Cameron but if I were Cameron I'd chase the $$$ and go Essendon, it's probably his last chance to chase a massive contract offer given his age, he hasn't come from a cellar dweller club and wants a feel of footy finals like Lynch

What's the difference in getting 5yrs/1mil and say 5yrs/900k?

Surely you'd forego the 500k to play in a side playing for a flag. I'm sure we could help him get into property development too.

Why would Wells be at the Hub?
Wouldn't think so, lol, he's not really drafting/scouting anyone while our season is still going haha.

Could speak to Wells, tour the ground and facilities, could talk to club heirarchy, and probably be patched in via zoom with Scott and some senior players like Sel and Danger, if need be. 'Tis a futuristic world we now live in

Your both right and have no idea how that even crossed my mind
Been a hard day on the tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back