Traded Orazio Fantasia [traded with #73 to Port for #29 and 2021 R3]

Who won this trade?

• Essendon

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You’re shifting your complaint from “but pick 29 will become pick 34 after bids”

to

“but nga dilutes the draft and this draft is weak”
They go hand in hand

A pick drifiting suggest how much the draft is comproomised or diluted in your words

Its actually going to be atleast 35 and good chance that might not be before Brand

We would be better served with next year

At his peak yes I think we do. Sadly I doubt he'll ever get back to that but if we get him I really hope he proves me dead wrong.

If his body holds up I think he’s got plenty of scope to get back there, he’s extremely talented.

One of those things where at his best it’s a yes, but if his body doesn’t hold up it’s a no. A second rounder would be a good return for Essendon, and not too heavy an investment from Port if it didn’t work.

It’s funny most PAFC fans don’t really care about this trade.

It’s not really that big a loss if PAFC don’t pick up Fantasia. We r sorted this trade period getting some depth in defence.

Sure, he wants out of Essendon, wants to come to us, and probably for the Bombers holding someone against their will is not that great for business.

Pick 29 for Fantasia, and getting a later pick back is fine. Really whatever.

Relax everyone. See what happens tomorrow

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree, not much emotion in this one I reckon, he’s either gonna be in our injury list or yours.

If we ain’t going to get what we want for him might as well tell him tough s**t your not going anywhere. It’s not like we are in urgent need of cap space.

If the deal is 29 with something going back, I really hope we hold him and let him sit out the year just for entertainment (Not that I think he's worth more than 29 tbh). Sadly I think we'll probably take it as we need something to cover NGA kids.

Brilliant to watch at his best but who knows if his bodies ever going to allow him to get there.

If his body holds up I think he’s got plenty of scope to get back there, he’s extremely talented.

One of those things where at his best it’s a yes, but if his body doesn’t hold up it’s a no. A second rounder would be a good return for Essendon, and not too heavy an investment from Port if it didn’t work.
Very well said.

This deal will be lucky to be done at 6.59pm its such a meh no really cares type trade, from my perspective, its a give us 29 don't give us 29, if its not we will get back to you later type affair. This has all the signs of falling over through more important deals needing to be done first.

This deal will be lucky to be done at 6.59pm its such a meh no really cares type trade, from my perspective, its a give us 29 don't give us 29, if its not we will get back to you later type affair. This has all the signs of falling over through more important deals needing to be done first.

I agree, this ones a bit meh for mine. And I’d rather focus on getting dunkley done.

If we don’t get pick 29 straight up just tell him he’s not going anywhere as it doesn’t really impact us that much to retain him. Not like we are desperate for pick 29 Or to clear cap space.

I agree, this ones a bit meh for mine. And I’d rather focus on getting dunkley done.

If we don’t get pick 29 straight up just tell him he’s not going anywhere as it doesn’t really impact us that much to retain him. Not like we are desperate for pick 29 Or to clear cap space.
short of the dogs telling us they want 29 for JUH points for the Dunkley swap.
otherwise so far down the list of priorities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do i really need to explain my very clear post? What has his peak been compared to the last 3 year? Being a bombers fan you should know he is far off that atm.
I dont think he is. He wasnt too interested in this year which is understandable.

As for the previous 2 years hes kicked 40.26 from 27 games which is 1.5 goals a game

Onviousily shorter quarters but im pretty confident the beat small forwards this year C.Cameron, Papley avg around the same/less and played more TOG.

Hes not there level but at his best he has shown he can be (2017)

I actually want the club to keep him if we get Dunkley.

I wouldnt take pick 35 and id hope Dodoro wouldnt either

I'm not sure I'd write off pick 29 as useless/meaningless going into the last day of trade. That's still a fairly well sought after pick and has a lot of utility, potentially in dealing with us or with anyone you're trying to split picks with.

I'm not sure I'd write off pick 29 as useless/meaningless going into the last day of trade. That's still a fairly well sought after pick and has a lot of utility, potentially in dealing with us or with anyone you're trying to split picks with.
deal im thinking is

Fantasia for 29
Split 8 into 13 & 20 from Geelong
20 & 29 into 14 from Dogs.

turns 8 and Fantasia into 13 & 14.

deal im thinking is

Fantasia for 29
Split 8 into 13 & 20 from Geelong
20 & 29 into 14 from Dogs.

turns 8 and Fantasia into 13 & 14.

I think there will be a bit of competition for that pick 14 so who knows. We can also trade picks after trade period ends so I think our ideal scenario is probably to hold it so that it can be essentially auctioned to clubs at a time where they're not doing other deals.

Of course it might get sucked into trades if we end up doing Dunkley and/or Treloar deals tomorrow, but I think the club would prefer to sit ona first rounder at close of business tomorrow as it will maximise it's return.

At his peak yes I think we do. Sadly I doubt he'll ever get back to that but if we get him I really hope he proves me dead wrong.

I do have concerns with Fantasia injuries aside, the game has changed a lot especially for small forwards since his last good AFL season. You basically need midfield ability or elite defensive traits in that role now which Fantasia does not have.

Before someone tells me that he can provide run off half back or on the wing, correct me if I'm wrong, Essendon tried that this year and he was s**t at it and it resulted in him bring dropped

I do have concerns with Fantasia injuries aside, the game has changed a lot especially for small forwards since his last good AFL season. You basically need midfield ability or elite defensive traits in that role now which Fantasia does not have.

Before someone tells me that he can provide run off half back or on the wing, correct me if I'm wrong, Essendon tried that this year and he was sh*t at it and it resulted in him bring dropped
yup.
Though he was originally a HBF. we switched him forward in 2016 and it worked.
He had an electric 2017.

He's a better HFF/small forward than a wing/HBF

he was sh*t at it and it resulted in him bring dropped

I think Fantasia just didn’t look interested this year, whether he wasn’t quite fully fit or not I don’t know.

He’s always played up the field though, stints through the wing and high half forward as his run and carry and kicking i50 sets up play very well.

Not really this deal doesnt have to get done for anything else. Pick in the 30s means nothing to the dogs or GWS

Maybe 7+8+29 for Dunkley and Pick 14

Maybe your onto it there

Maybe 7+8+29 for Dunkley and Pick 14

Maybe your onto it there

even as simply as looking at it as pick 29 is about a 200 point upgrade on our pick 40. With whatever deals the clubs try and hash out tomorrow, a pick swap like that added on top of whatever the meat of the trade is might be the tipping point to get us to say yes.

Top 10 is a joke. They can't be serious. McCartney is the new dodo. Late first is fair value. Although they're probably upset that we're fleecing them for Hately and they're making a stand

Back