Traded Adam Treloar [traded with #26, #33 and #42 to Bulldogs for #14 and 2021 R2]

Who won this trade?

• Collingwood

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 15 93.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So Collingwood have traded their best young player, a decent outside type and arguably their best midfielders for... a cassette tape of Can I borrow a feeling?

Staggering. Utterly staggering. And I thought the Jordan McMahon trade was bad.
Our best young player? You obviously don’t watch many Collingwood games. Quaynor and Daicos alone have overtaken him in 2020. Phillips couldn’t get back in our best 22 at the end. We’ve lost Treloar, that’s the only big loss. Don’t be so dramatic.

You got a future second off a club who has now seriously improved their list after finishing finals, all the while paying a hefty whack of salary.
Agree, will need to get more points for the younger Daicos and we have to make the most of pick 14 this year.

Call me Nostradamus. I called it. You must be surprised and disappointed he wasn’t traded out for a 4th rounder.
It's arguably one of the most embarrassing trades a club has had in recent memory. An absolute disaster, if you factor in the deal to get him across he's cost Collingwood an entire draft hand and now you'll be paying him 300k a year to help take an opposition club into finals....

Like you knew this was probably gonna happen for months, and that was the best line you could come up with??

Wow, incompetence in a statement. Would have been better off not speaking, but how on earth could any of the members buy that?

Yeh we are desperate to get into the COVID draft where all the kids are a year behind and we have no performance data on them from their draft year. We are happy to sell the farm and pay 1.5 million for pick 14....

It's arguably one of the most embarrassing trades a club has had in recent memory. An absolute disaster, if you factor in the deal to get him across he's cost Collingwood an entire draft hand and now you'll be paying him 300k a year to help take an opposition club into finals....
You’re really being dramatic. We traded in Beams (also 28) for pick 18 and future first rounder, and everyone called it paying overs (which it was), now we trade out Treloar for pick 14 and it’s “arguably one of the most embarrassing trades a club has had in recent memory” and “an absolute disaster”. Make up your mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re really being dramatic. We traded in Beams for pick 18 and future first rounder, and everyone called it paying overs (which it was), now we trade out Treloar for pick 14 and it’s “arguably one of the most embarrassing trades a club has had in recent memory” and “an absolute disaster”. Make up your mind.
The second one.

I didn't care less about the Beams deal.

The second one.

I didn't care less about the Beams deal.
Gone from being a s**t kick, dodgy hammy’ed 28 year old to an absolute superstar in the matter of weeks. Pick 14 for him is not a bad outcome based on Collingwood’s circumstance with the cap.

Gone from being a sh*t kick, dodgy hammy’ed 28 year old to an absolute superstar in the matter of weeks. Pick 14 for him is not a bad outcome based on Collingwood’s circumstance with the cap.
Yeh and the 1.5 million he'll cost you along with an entire draft haul of picks back :straining: :straining: :straining:

Collingwood board is thrilled LOL

How's this attempted spin from Ned Guy...oh boy they don't think much of their fanbase do they?

"On behalf of Collingwood I would like to thank Adam for his service. He was a committed and strong performer for us and we wish him well.

For some time we have held the view that this year’s draft represents an excellent opportunity to address some of our needs. We think in the short term we can improve from within but we can also now strengthen the profile of our list for the medium and longer term. This deal improves significantly our ability to do that.

With the draft assets we now have, we also have the ability over the next couple of weeks to explore ways of improving our draft position further."

Yeah...you traded all these players for huge unders because you really wanted to get into this heavily compromised draft..

How can someone say/write that and keep a straight face!!!

You're paying $300,000 a year for it for the next 5 years. Still a winner?
Never expected the Pies to get his full salary off the books, and never said we won this trade. I simply said the troll before was being dramatic calling it the most embarrassing trade in recent years.

No, you traded picks 26, 33 and 42 for 14. Otherwise, the interpretation is that you traded a future 2nd for 26, 33 and 42 which makes zero sense.
How do you compare this year’s draft with the 2021 crop? Again, not saying it’s a win, but it’s not the most embarrassing trade ever.

Yeh and the 1.5 million he'll cost you along with an entire draft haul of picks back :straining: :straining: :straining:

Collingwood board is thrilled LOL
$1.5m over 5 years is a whole lot better than the $1m a year over the last couple courtesy of Beams...

Here's the comparison that puts all this into perspective for mine:

Collingwood have Treloar, the Dogs have Dunkley. Treloar is more explosive and had a far better 2020; Dunkley is five years younger and a potential leader. Both very good footballers, with years to run on their contracts.

Collingwood trashes Treloar, casts him out and flogs him like a cheap suit. The Dogs stand firm that Dunkley is a valued player. The Pies have to trade Treloar out at the last minute for a future second, where they are still paying out a hefty sum of his contract, and have trashed their own reputation. The Dogs are able to walk away from an offer of p7 and a future second.

Back