Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 7 - Swans v Cats Sat May 1st 7:25pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

• Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd reckon Channel 7 would just replay the bit of play and amp up the umpires call so we can actually here what it is. I was sure it was play on it was touched but now I'm not so sure. The last tackle lasted for a second by the time Selwood got him so that's fine.

The trouble is, Channel 7 seem to be oblivious to there even being a question as to why it was called play on.

Pretty bloody magnanimous from Scott. Fair play.

Say what you like about Scott, but he's undergone a massive transformation since everything that happened last year. Only coach in the league to take a complete pay cut, in order to keep staff on board. Love him/despise him, but he's definitely become a much more humble person (or we're just seeing him take a moment before he says things rather than letting his emotion get the better of him).

It's bullshit. The umps should not be allowed to call not 15 before the ball is marked. Cost the cats the chance to win the game.

No their godlkicking did namely Porkins who couldn't kick one even if he had 50 attempts!

Say what you like about Scott, but he's undergone a massive transformation since everything that happened last year. Only coach in the league to take a complete pay cut, in order to keep staff on board. Love him/despise him, but he's definitely become a much more humble person (or we're just seeing him take a moment before he says things rather than letting his emotion get the better of him).

I thought he was pretty good on Footy Classified a few weeks ago.

Its the same point mate, umpires favoured Geelong if anyone, until the last minute. The free against Lloyd gifted you a goal too. If that hadn't happened, and hypothetically the game played out the same way, Cameron was marking that ball to kick a futile goal.

Lets not mention the "deliberate" against Stephens which was dead set laughable.

Cats were lucky to be even in the game, the amount of umpire assisted goals in the 2nd/3rd quarter was disgusting. Legitimately disgusting.
there was nothing borderline aboutit at all. That was at least 20m

if it was touched than fair enough, bit there’s no way it wasn’t 15
Was it cheating not to pay the mark ? Only asking because you and your club would be well versed in the subject would you not ? Also did you watch the umpiring for the full 100 minutes or are you coming in on the back of the hysteria being flogged to death on channel 7 dolls Darcy’Richo and Hammer ? Either way **** Geelong they know what Brisbane felt like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Sook up to his old tricks in the after game presser, says he's not blaming the umpires when he really is blaming the umpires.

Geelong have won a couple of games this year that they wouldn't have won without the help of the umpires. he has a cheek to blame them.

Chris Sook up to his old tricks in the after game presser, says he's not blaming the umpires when he really is blaming the umpires.

Geelong have won a couple of games this year that they wouldn't have won without the help of the umpires.

They look so old and slow it's not even funny. They are lucky there is 10 worse sides because they are a million to 1 to win the flag with a shocking bottom 10 players.

Except when he is trying to fight players at half time :p

Get ya facts right. He never tried to fight players half his age he just wanted to let his mouth go against players half his age. Pretty sad watching people old enough to be grandfathers still thinking they’re in their prime. Sad just very very sad

Is it really clear?

I'm not sure what he says initially but I reckon he says not 15 just as Cameron marks it.

Someone needs to isolate the audio without the crowd noise and the commentators frothing.

Not sure you can isolate the umpires mic off the broadcast that easily (although I'm sure that the unobstructed audio is available to certain parties).
However, here is the audio we heard on tv:

Not sure you can isolate the umpires mic off the broadcast that easily (although I'm sure that the unobstructed audio is available to certain parties).
However, here is the audio we heard on tv:
Darcy shouting like a village idiot drowns out the initial call.

Except when he is trying to fight players at half time :p

When your coach takes a full pay cut, for the good of his club and for the sole purpose of making sure as many people as possible keep their jobs, during the most trying time in recent memory - then you can talk.

Was it cheating not to pay the mark ? Only asking because you and your club would be well versed in the subject would you not ? Also did you watch the umpiring for the full 100 minutes or are you coming in on the back of the hysteria being flogged to death on channel 7 dolls Darcy’Richo and Hammer ? Either way **** Geelong they know what Brisbane felt like.

You are right. Essendon are certainly well versed in the subject of umpires ******* us out of a win at the SCG in the dying seconds of a game. Has occurred numerous times.

Call it coincidental ineptitude or cheating if you like. Doesn’t change that it occurs.

Back