List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Don't care; you're either good enough to crack the 22 or you wait/improve. We should be playing our best team, if that's JK at home but sparing him the travel, so be it.
And if the forward line has a collective fantastic game away do we still drop someone for JK just because he is JK? I'm all for JK playing on if he thinks he can go again but that will be if he and the club both think that his body can handle an entire season of AFL football, not every second week.

Don't care; you're either good enough to crack the 22 or you wait/improve. We should be playing our best team, if that's JK at home but sparing him the travel, so be it.

In and out every 2nd week isn't good. Very hard to build into form and become consistent.

Play him for a block of games then miss an away game like what just happened. Do that once in the 1st half, then the mid season bye and once or twice later in the year would be the way to go.

I'm not convinced about Brander being able to make it as a forward. His shot shot accuracy has been very poor to date including in the WAFL. He needs to put a lot of work into that. On the other Allen & Waterman are very good kicks at goal.
Brander's set shot this last month has been fine. He was always pretty accurate and I suspect it was nerves. His kicking action is looking very goo dthis year.

I also think he has further improved his endurance and is already one of our better runners. It is worth noting when in the quarter the younger players have their shots as this can be a big impact on accuracy. Waterman is a classic. He now has a decent tank and is not longer blowing up when he is taking his shots and hence he is considered accurate.

1620273611918.png

Great call for Oscar Allen/Bailey Williams/name the player's development.
"Cheers mate - we want you to settle into a position and only play every second game."

I think continuity is being under-estimated.

The sooner we get Oscar out of the ruck the better. That means he plays KPF along with Jack.

My ideal outlook is to have Bailey Williams as the second ruck/KPF.

In 2022, we have the following forward line

HFF: Ryan Darling Waterman
FF: Rioli Allen Cripps

Interchange - Williams as second ruck/KPF

Brander on wing spending time at HFF
Sheed, Shuey, Kelly to spend time resting forward
Bench/depth gives you a choice of Cameron, Petruccelle, Jones, Winder
Both Ryan and Rioli to given time at centre clearances

That forward line is capable of being a forward line to get us to top 4 and to deliver flag number 5.
Saving money on JK will also enable us to lock away Oscar now at a better price than in 2 years time when he is performing at an even higher level. Go for a longer term deal early with Oscar like we did with Jack. I would happily offer him 5 years extension now.

Great call for Oscar Allen/Bailey Williams/name the player's development.
"Cheers mate - we want you to settle into a position and only play every second game."

I think continuity is being under-estimated.

The sooner we get Oscar out of the ruck the better. That means he plays KPF along with Jack.

My ideal outlook is to have Bailey Williams as the second ruck/KPF.

In 2022, we have the following forward line

HFF: Ryan Darling Waterman
FF: Rioli Allen Cripps

Interchange - Williams as second ruck/KPF

Brander on wing spending time at HFF
Sheed, Shuey, Kelly to spend time resting forward
Bench/depth gives you a choice of Cameron, Petruccelle, Jones, Winder
Both Ryan and Rioli to given time at centre clearances

That forward line is capable of being a forward line to get us to top 4 and to deliver flag number 5.
Saving money on JK will also enable us to lock away Oscar now at a better price than in 2 years time when he is performing at an even higher level. Go for a longer term deal early with Oscar like we did with Jack. I would happily offer him 5 years extension now.
Far more likely you'd have Brander swinging from forward to midfield in his absence and the 22nd best player getting chopped each second week. I don't have a problem with that.

In and out every 2nd week isn't good. Very hard to build into form and become consistent.

Play him for a block of games then miss an away game like what just happened. Do that once in the 1st half, then the mid season bye and once or twice later in the year would be the way to go.
Or this.

Jordan clarke dropped again..wonder if theres any truth to the rumour that he's not overly happy at the cattery right now :whitecheck::whitecheck:

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Coached a lot of kids his age and I never encountered a single one, that was ever happy about being dropped and asked to go back to the seconds.

So not hard to join the dots .......... and be pretty confident in saying, that Jordan is not a happy camper at the Cattery, as of the minute.

Is Jordan Clarke worth getting or is he a bit overrated?

Contracted for next year I think, so asking price Vs what he's worth might be too much.

I'd only rate him as a mid late second rounder currently personally, Geelong would want more

Not sure about Luke Taylor's dob - less information available on those stats with the COVID cutbacks at WAFC. He played colts last year so I was assuming he was draft ready 2021.

If he is a bottom ager, then he will likely rise even higher on boards. Hell, he may even grow some more.
He's 100% in this years draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contracted for next year I think, so asking price Vs what he's worth might be too much.

I'd only rate him as a mid late second rounder currently personally, Geelong would want more

would still be keen for a Clarke vs Brander swap come end of year.
seems like a win/ win for both clubs and quiet even in terms of age/ draft position/ output IMO

seems like a win/ win for both clubs and quiet even in terms of age/ draft position/ output IMO
After Brander's recent performances?? Hell no

How about Cole plus a 3rd.....late 2nd. Or Nelson.

Cats defense is too big and tall. They need a mid sized defender.

Brander is improving and playing every week.

Clarke cant get a game.

If that continues his value doesnt go up.

Floating a slight left field name for either this year or the 2022 trade period.

Ben Long - Saints

Been in and out of the team. Can play anywhere outside and has a bit of hardness to his game that costs him at times.

Long on the same side wing or halfback as Rioli plays forward plus Ryan would be epic imo. Darwin football royalty plus Flying Ryan.

Saints must be under cap pressure and a solid player like Long would not demand big $$$. He would add some decent depth across three lines and likely cost a 3rd or similar fringe player.

Last edited:

Brander could be anything, why would we trade him out now? Currency would have just bottomed out before coming into the senior side in place of ah chee but if Dubai showing something at afl level too.

Could play kpp, wing, on ball with aggressive kicking.

Is Jordan Clarke worth getting or is he a bit overrated?
Highly rated pre draft midfielder who's shown promise at AFL level and is from WA. Would be an excellent trade target for us and would offer a point of difference in the backline or on the wing with his ability to break lines. At 20 years he's in that age bracket that makes it almost hard to lose a trade with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back