Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 15 vs. Fremantle, MRVL 26/06 @ 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do we do with 3 ruckmen in the team? Seems an overkill even if it's difficult to drop either Cameron or Lynch. How do you suggest the 3 players should be used?
Must say I agree. Would be harsh to drop Lynch (Cameron plays) once he's finally getting a run at it, but someone needs to go out for Grundy and Maxy would be that someone

What do we do with 3 ruckmen in the team? Seems an overkill even if it's difficult to drop either Cameron or Lynch. How do you suggest the 3 players should be used?

I actually agree. On second thoughts I'd probably drop Lynch just because Grundy is a better player, but gee it'd be hard to do.

We look so much better when we don't use a Ruckman as a link up player and only use them for break glass in Emergency down the line long. Get the ball in the hands of our quicks and skillful.

I hope we learn and don't resort to using Grundy as another mid again. He is slower than Mayne and doesn't have the awareness or speed to keep things rolling forward.

Reckon JDG and Crisp are both getting a week. JDG for the bump, Crisp for the dangerous tackle. Wouldn’t surprise me if he gets done for rough conduct.

Haven’t checked the stats but our clearance work looked good today. Why can’t we do that with a dominant Grundy as the ruck?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Was it just me... or did anybody else notice that Lynch either 1) didn't tap it down to his feet 2) actually tapped it to team-mates that weren't stationary ( one goal in the 3rd quarter came from a great tap to De Goey who handballed to McGreevy, who slotted it).

We're not paying Grundy as much as we are for him to sit at home and I can'timagine we'll go with that many talls. Grundy will come in for Lynch.

out: DeGoey (susp), Crisp (susp)

The DeGoey one on Oliver? Reckon he'll only cop a fine.

What was the Crisp incident, the sling tackle?

Will be very very interesting if Harves keeps Lynch in and makes Grundy go through the magoos, can't see it but it would send a clear message to the group, earn / keep your spot on merit.

Reckon Sides would be on thin ice if that was the mantra, a few clangers today that cost us even though he had 3 score assists this is not the normal Sides, he's down on form.

Unless *Murphy is still injured by that time.

In: Tay Grundy
Out: Lynch *Rantall

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're not paying Grundy as much as we are for him to sit at home and I can'timagine we'll go with that many talls. Grundy will come in for Lynch.

The DeGoey one on Oliver? Reckon he'll only cop a fine.

What was the Crisp incident, the sling tackle?
Yes. I think he'll be suspended too.

Won't be too many changes but Grundy and Adams will be included if they're fit. Sier likely in the mix to if his jaw isn't broken. Who knows on the outs. Grundy for Lynch the only really obvious change. Murph/Rantall the other under pressure. Murph was a corky so you'd imagine he'd be right.

Disappointingly, I think DeGoey will cop a week for his bump on Oliver. Ran past the ball to deliberately bump and got Oliver in the jaw with his shoulder. Luckily Oliver bounced straight back up. Could have been much worse.

OUT: DeGoey (Susp.) Rantall (Omit) Lynch (unlucky)

IN: Adams Sier Grundy

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thomas going to get as much of a free ride under Harvey as he got with Bucks? Not that I'd necessarily drop him for the next game as he's played a couple of decent ones now, but he was getting gifted some games earlier in the year, and if he drops off a bit would he keep getting a game?

Think De Goey might get a Week for his Head High Bump

Fine I reckon Dave. Oliver got up pretty quickly once he knew he'd been paid the free kick.

Rantall is not up to it, but I'm happy to keep playing him. If he doesn't get better, its a simple decision not to extend his contract.

Bianco had a bad one, but been good enough overall. F**k Josh Thomas keeps his spot without touching it, why should'nt Bianco.

Grundy IN, Adams IN
Murphy OUT, Lynch OUT (stiff, he was brilliant yesterday)

Fine I reckon Dave. Oliver got up pretty quickly once he knew he'd been paid the free kick.

Rantall is not up to it, but I'm happy to keep playing him. If he doesn't get better, its a simple decision not to extend his contract.

Bianco had a bad one, but been good enough overall. F**k Josh Thomas keeps his spot without touching it, why should'nt Bianco.

Grundy IN, Adams IN
Murphy OUT, Lynch OUT (stiff, he was brilliant yesterday)
Bucks has one of his greatest wins then…
Lynch plays his best AFL game then…
Footy is a tough caper.

Reckon JDG and Crisp are both getting a week. JDG for the bump, Crisp for the dangerous tackle. Wouldn’t surprise me if he gets done for rough conduct.
I have to say that I'm totally confused about the rules after watching yesterday's game.
The Crisp tackle was a sling and so I understand it being paid. The Maynard tackle was just a good solid tackle. I'd put that down as an umpiring mistake. Ditto the free against Maynard for attacking the ball. That was just good tough play. That free was also an error in my book; there was no injury concern. As for DeGoey's shoulder, surely that can't be sanctioned. I know the AFL is paranoid over head injuries and concussions, but yesterday looked as if we're heading into a no contact game. No hard tackles, no hard attack on the ball and no bumps.

This is a very tricky week for the selection panel. Good to have the extra week to think it over. Grundy and Adams are basically automatic ins if they're good to go. No idea what will happen suspension-wise for De Goey or Crisp, or how severe Murphy's knock really is. Rantall should make way, especially if we bring Sier back in. Tricky situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back