Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol at people using Buckley as a reason not to sack Hinkley.

I don’t think it’s that, it’s a more a false equivalence of their coaching abilities because both have been seniors for around a decade and haven’t won a flag.

I don't know how anyone could look at the mess Collingwood is in and want to hire the first/second most influential person from that club.
I get it.

The counter arguments would be...

1. Maybe we are too nice to our players. Maybe we need to piss a few off and move a few on ala. Blight to get the next flag.

2. Given Ken's ambivalence to the ultimate success Buckley screams the exact opposite. I can't imagine a man who would be more determined to turn over absolutely every single leaf in the search for a premiership (maybe Clarko and Choco).

Bucks has always been driven but losing his coaching gig and still not having a flag would be burning a hole in his guts

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

lol at people using Buckley as a reason not to sack Hinkley.
I’m not saying keep Hinkley, I want him gone just as much as the next bloke. I’m saying Buckley is just about the last bloke I’d want to replace him with.

I'd take him back in a heart beat. He's a premiership winning coach who has a long recent track record of successful youth player development at multiple clubs. Not afraid to make hard decisions, places a huge emphasis on skill acquisition and development. And he understands the winning mentality of the club and its supporters.

Had the 2007 grand final not have turned out the way it did (I maintain the assertion Geelong were winning by 100+ regardless of who they played that day) he would have gotten a job with another team as a head coach as soon as he left Port.

The media talk about Ross Lyon as if he is a super star coach who every club should be going after. Chocos record imo is better but because he's not one of the boys there's no media sentiment toward him whatsoever.

Chocco is eccentric and clubs don't want to take the risk these days.

Thats not whats happening here.
Isn't it? Seems to be a lot of concern about who will replace Hinkley. The "we can't sack Hinkley because a new coach could be worse" argument.

Hinkley needs to be sacked on his merits, or lack of, not based on who may replace him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't it? Seems to be a lot of concern about who will replace Hinkley. The "we can't sack Hinkley because a new coach could be worse" argument.

Hinkley needs to be sacked on his merits, or lack of, not based on who may replace him.

Thats not the argument at all.

I want a coach who will question umpires even once and not smile and high five rucci and co in press conferences after losses

Hinkley seems to have completely bought into the faulty logic that success is merely a waiting game in that regard.

Sure we could lose repeatedly in games against fellow contenders, or in a games that are nailbiters, but we’re still in it to win it and we’ll get there eventually.

He never seems particularly bothered by defeat, or rather the manner of them.

His laughing and grinning like a Cheshire Cat before he’d left the field after that insipid performance against a mediocre Hawks outfit in Launceston a few years ago was a prime example.

Real ‘what are we honestly trying to do here?’ stinklines.

Ken seems to be just a AFL plant. Never a negative word or criticism coming from him re any rule changes , umpiring ect

i mean is it fair to say he literally is? the AFL commission had to step in to help us after 2012. they essentially installed Koch & Hinkley didn't they?

Hinkley seems to have completely bought into the faulty logic that success is merely a waiting game in that regard.

Sure we could lose repeatedly in games against fellow contenders, or in a games that are nailbiters, but we’re still in it to win it and we’ll get there eventually.

He never seems particularly bothered by defeat, or rather the manner of them.

His laughing and grinning like a Cheshire Cat before he’d left the field after that insipid performance against a mediocre Hawks outfit in Launceston a few years ago was a prime example.

Real ‘what are we honestly trying to do here?’ stinklines.
If I was getting paid millions in an apparent results based industry, and my results didn't matter, I would be chuckling my muthafarkn arse off as well.

I would be keen to hand the job to Schofield.
A Clarkson was recruited from CD after winning premiership after premiership.
Schofield won three in WA and he knows what it takes to do the job. He knows how to assemble a team and to get the team motivated.
hinkley fair dinkum just go!

Lol “AFL plant…”

You ******* idiots should listen to yourselves.

He’s a sh*t coach no more no less.

Lol people are just looking for answers as to why the * he has managed to remain coach

Lol people are just looking for answers as to why the fu** he has managed to remain coach

Oh I know what people are doing but if that’s the best they can come up with it’s no wonder the club are tone deaf to our idiot supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back