List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

I thought this was the case as well, and with Geelongs big names they weren't offering him a million.

From what I've seen reported on his deal it definitely isn't cap killing.

$5mil over 6 years averages out at $833,333 per year. It’s good money but hardly a cap killer

$5mil over 6 years averages out at $833,333 per year. It’s good money but hardly a cap killer
"Top 5 paid player in the league"

What bull sh*t.
That's 'top 3' player mate.
I think someone owes Tim Kelly an apology

Was there anything in there about how it's loaded? Frontend, backended or just avg per season over 6?
Only the total over 6 years with no mention of how payments were structured

Why did we fork out so much for TK anyway?
He was desperate to come back to WA and his manager even slandered Freo, so not like there was much chance of not signing him.

Seems we not only overpaid in draft picks but salary as well.

He was desperate to come back to WA and his manager even slandered Freo, so not like there was much chance of not signing him.

He was also coming off an AA jumper and a top 5 Brownlow finish, his stock was at it's highest

He was also coming off an AA jumper and a top 5 Brownlow finish, his stock was at it's highest

Still, we were a recently flag winning team with a bunch of current All Australians (4 in 2019 and another 3 in the AA squad) and some of the biggest names going round in 2019.
To give a 'veteran' of two seasons one of the biggest contracts at the club seems like an error in negotiation.

To be fair though, we seem to be very limp dicked in both trading and contract negotiations lately.

We would be so stuffed without him. Would likely have missed finals last year given Shuey and Yeo weren't playing. His absence in the last two games of this year arguably cost us finals.

I think we paid a fair price to get him home. His refusal to come out and tell Geelong it was west Coast or nothing meant we had to get a trade done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$830k a year is reserved for the upper echelon.

He's a good player but no where near that.

We got ripped on the money and ripped on the trade picks.

Primary school debacle. Heads should roll for that.

Based on this article there’s at least 25 players that earned more than him this season just gone.

You may have uncovered one of the major reasons why he was so keen on coming back to WA

Theres a real Hungry Tiger vibe to some of this discussion. The famished feline was last seen Oct 19... goeaglesgoSGIO joined Mar20... COINCIDENCE?
GoEaglesGoSGIO you don't have the inside scoop on Baldivis Brumbies new signings do you?
They certainly share a trait of posting their opinion as if it is fact

Brady Hough 22 possessions, 9 marks, 5 inside 50s and a goal on league debut last week. Anyone got more information on him? Style? Comparisons?
Natural footballer with the ability to kick multiple goals a game. Not overly quick, but gets in great positions.Quiet achiever but the noise around him getting drafted is getting louder.

Older players generally accept less and 1 yr contracts these days. And I know he had a decent year but redden isnt a game changer,just adds to our 1 paced midfield.
Clarke would bring something different and help counteract the man on the mark rule

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Lol he was our most consistent best performing midfielder of not player of the squad.
Also we are talking about a club with over 100k supporters, the richest club in the league that can’t pay their elite players a good wage.

The club and Simpson in particular firmly believes the window is still open and they are going to make one more push at it next year.
My expectations for 2022 will be continued faith in the senior underperforming players, little game time into the younger players other than a fill in type role. Only minor adjustments to the game plan as Simmo still thinks it works.

Expect a bottom 6 finish then.

Having Schofield in would address this for the midfield at least I imagine.

Knights on the other hands, should he come to the club, comes from a club with a similar style to ours.

Simmo's shown he's capable of overhauling the game plan in the past, I'd back him in to do it a third time over any other untried assistant or failed senior coach.

Having said that, he'd be on very thin ice at the end of next season if we have a repeat of 2019-2021.

Some would say simmos on the line next season

Also we are talking about a club with over 100k supporters, the richest club in the league that can’t pay their elite players a good wage.

Seriously, do you not know how a salary cap works?

Doesn’t matter if we’re the richest club in the league or fighting off bankruptcy, we can’t pay players more than what’s in the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back