List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Port delisted hamish hartlett.

Hinkley cited that he doesnt believe hartletts body can hold up to the rigours of AFL.

How many times has hurns body broken down during gameday the last 2 years?
Hartlett's brain lets him down more frequently than his body. Hinkley is being kind.

For someone 'in the know' you have seemingly forgotten the well-publicised articles and reports around WCE players taking a 7% paycut due to the club promising not to chase high-profile free agents, yet you're harping on here about the club not having money to poach players from other clubs...

At least keep your argument consistent.

What the hell are you on about?

You are the ones saying we do have money to poach a player, not me?

I lowkey liked when Mcgovern played back up ruck tbh. Edwards to replace Gov's spot and get Gov around the ball. Although i'm almost certain he doesn't have the tank to do this.
This. Solves our NicNat back up structural issues (snare Bazzo at the draft and it becomes an even better Idea!). Just got to replace his 65 year old hips and keep away from Miami Bakehouse & we're on......

I understand people criticising Rotham for some of his work this year, but I think it's more indicative of our current failings in developing our young players. He has great scope to become a running defender in the early days Schofield mould and it would be grand if we could stop destroying him with the chip chip, softly softly game plan we've become accustomed to. He should be given a license to run next year.

Shifting him to the rookie list would be foolish. I doubt there's any legs to it.
Rotham is just playing to the game plan isn't he? Short chips then run sideways or backwards to recieve another chip.cole is the only 1 who takes the game on with run
Like you i think rotham will be fine with new coaches

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The obvious answer to me is to tap JK and Hurn on the shoulder.

I can see us finishing 5th-8th next year with them and bemoaning another nothing year.

I'm with you here.

We are never short of options for hbf and having one less tall forward isn't going to upset team balance.

Sure there's a drop in quality but Hurn looks to be struggling to string games together and JK is always battling something. Just a matter of time until their bodies give up

What the hell are you on about?

You are the ones saying we do have money to poach a player, not me?
Pretty much nobody's advocating poaching a player(there'll always be a couple), we all know that.

You're saying our cap's ****ed due to the Kelly deal, then you're suddenly saying it's not because we've not lost players (other than Vardy) to the cap squeeze like other clubs.

What point are you trying to make? It's either screwed or it isn't. Being unable to poach a player due to not being able to fit inside the cap isn't bad management, especially when the club promised the players it wouldn't be doing that in the first place. The club's been consistent with its messaging.

spot on. It’s why we have given low ball offers to redden And vardy, cut our experienced midfield depth in hutchings and ah chee, and haven’t signed Duggan as we are juggling money. If rotham, brander, O’Neill were any good they would be poached, because if they stay they will not be on contracts befitting guys who have been on a list 4-5 years.

plus we probably budgeted for Hurn and/or Kennedy to be retiring
At this stage in their careers, both are list cloggers and needed to go.

$259k actually tough guy. First time you’ve been wrong in your life eh?

Hey pissant, reckon COVID cuts are going to last forever? and even then player salary reductions are proportionate.

In 2022, the average player wage will be $389,000 with a salary cap of $13.54m.

Now go back to the kiddy table and finish your s**t sandwich.

Kelly is a 500k per year player at best based on output and importance to our team. He isnt worthy of highest paid player at all

JK and Hurn will be getting nowhere near that.

I do not think Nic will retire in 3 years at all. We have different ideas of who is leaving when.

Cap management is there. Its why no one big is leaving like Sydney/Collingwood have had. Im discussing poaching a free agent or a player from another team only. We dont have money to do that is what I mean.

You are putting words into my mouth that I didnt say. A typical trait here it seems

I'm done. Ignore is my friend here.

Will undo when we start trading in players etc.

Enjoy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where would you put him in our top 10 list?

Id have him 5th or 6th myself

You all need to get over this sunken cost fallacy and admit its the Titanic here

5th best player on the list is barely worth $500k?

This is more laughable than Langdon's legs or Allen's arms.

From a reasonably good source at the club

- Ainsworth is gone
- Brander has not decided and nor has the club, as he wants to go to Victoria but wants to stay with Eagles
- Rotham is more than likely given another year but it may be as a rookie

I’ve had some accurate info from this source before but it was stated most likely not bolt on 100% (except the Ainsworth part and I was told a done deal)
Rotham rookie list ?

2 + year contract more like it .

All this talk of who is on what is 90% guess work.

Schoey on his Podcast a few times has mentioned how the players always have a laugh when the media reports how much a player is on when they are way off the mark.

Yeah but apparently SGIO has inside info. 🙄

If Salary cap is an issue then mature age players like West might be the go ....Sam fisher ( SD) was on a rookie list at Carlton or Geelong ) he could be handy .
Also Knott from WP is a small forward of note ...not sure his age .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back