List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Who was the last player to nominate us?

Langdon!

How did that work out for us?

Buyer beware - hopefully our list managers do their homework.
I highly doubt a player would nominate WCE without at least sounding out whether we'd take him on board for the right price or not.

I imagine there'd be an in-principle agreement already between WCE, SPS' management and Carlton.

On a serious note, there are some very unsettled interstate younger players in Melbourne and not happy. The CFMEU are now now rioting and Melbourne has gone from the World's most liveable city to the worlds most locked down city.

View attachment 1242171
You know, I get that it'd be annoying not being able to work for 2 weeks when you've got bills to pay but * me dead, try working in a service industry during the pandemic, like I did, and see how you go being shut down for months, having your income drastically slashed, etc and still doing the right thing. I had to re-skill after 17 years and enter a different industry to avoid that happening in the future, not that it wasn't something I wanted to do anyway. Plenty of older people I worked with weren't willing to re-skill and had to deal with little to no income.

These entitled *******s can jump off the bridge they're blocking for all I care (that's all I've got to say on this issue FYI, since the COVID thread's closed).

Carlton boards proposing very reasonable trades.....

Our Pick 10 and Pick 29 for their pick 25 and SPS was thrown up early...

I think the reasonable ones realise it will most likely be for pick 36 (which will blow out to 40) or thereabouts. We destroyed his value so can’t ask for much more tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the reasonable ones realise it will most likely be for pick 36 (which will blow out to 40) or thereabouts. We destroyed his value so can’t ask for much more tbh.
Think a pretty consitent position on our board is we want to take our first three picks to the draft. Will be interesting negotiations.

SPS would be a pretty good get providing we don't give up much for him (ie not Brander). He is a half back flanker and would be a walk up in that position. Pretty much exactly what we need given how much we sucked transitioning out of defence. In an ideal world he also free's up Duggan to play up the ground where his groundball game is desperately needed.

You know, I get that it'd be annoying not being able to work for 2 weeks when you've got bills to pay but fu** me dead, try working in a service industry during the pandemic, like I did, and see how you go being shut down for months, having your income drastically slashed, etc and still doing the right thing. I had to re-skill after 17 years and enter a different industry to avoid that happening in the future, not that it wasn't something I wanted to do anyway. Plenty of older people I worked with weren't willing to re-skill and had to deal with little to no income.

These entitled *******s can jump off the bridge they're blocking for all I care (that's all I've got to say on this issue FYI, since the COVID thread's closed).
I think that that vast majority over here in Victoria agree with your sentiments above.
80% of those protesting are rent a crowd, and are far right extremists
If they want sympathy and support they are going about it the wrong way.
I dare say a few of those who have organised these events in the past two days, particularly those who orchestrated the attack on the CFMEU building may end up with a not so welcome guest from the bikie gangs linked to the CFMEU in the coming days/weeks.

Haha some people on that Twitter post saying that SPS is still wanted but Brander is basically delisted, so they'd need more than Brander.
Hope he doesn't cost more than Brander or pick 49 or 65.
I just wish Brander's management had just announced that he requested a trade if that is actually what had happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back