25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently Talia is more likely to retire than move from Adelaide. Must be hoping Port pick him up?

If Kruegar goes to the Pies who else is left for a key defender role?
Sam Skinner perhaps? Haven't heard of any link to Saints at any point though

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Apparently Talia is more likely to retire than move from Adelaide. Must be hoping Port pick him up?

If Kruegar goes to the Pies who else is left for a key defender role?

EDIT: Beat me to it Hugga

I am not disappointed in him leaving as he has good reason, my angst is more towards the club and the handling of the situation. To tell a player he's no longer wanted at the start of the year and then to drop him in the last round while then being made public he won't get a new contract after helping turn our fortunes around this year is one raw deal after another. Other players on our list get a free pass, that's more my gripe. You did not need to be a rocket scientist to know Dunstan was going to finish second to Steele, he was the fave with the bookies to do so and i was in agreeance. A hot month of football? Yeah?? nah... bit more then that.

IF it's clear to you that "Dunstan was going to finish second to Steele", then you obviously thought he had a better season than Sinclair, Membrey, and Wilkie, and that the coaches were wrong in not awarding the TBA votes in that order. I guess we should move on the entire coaching panel and keep Dunstan instead. The Brownlow voting does back you up on this though.

I think we can all agree that Dunstan is not best 22, but rather a depth player. I don't think he likes that, and that is the guts of the problem.

IF it's clear to you that "Dunstan was going to finish second to Steele", then you obviously thought he had a better season than Sinclair, Membrey, and Wilkie, and that the coaches were wrong in not awarding the TBA votes in that order. I guess we should move on the entire coaching panel and keep Dunstan instead. The Brownlow voting does back you up on this though.

I think we can all agree that Dunstan is not best 22, but rather a depth player. I don't think he likes that, and that is the guts of the problem.

I love i know it all that knows F all. The bookies are deadly accurate in certain markets and the brownlow is no exception. Ask yourself WHY Dunstan would be clear favourite to win the club votes without Steele. Would it possibly be that Dunstan was instrumental in a few games for us this year? Sinclair i am a MAJOR fan of but he did not impact the game where it matters, the stoppages/centre bounces where votes are awarded.

This is going to go on and on isn't it? Have we not all had our say? Or do you need to keep rehashing the same opinion to justify a position i don't agree with.

Move on, or not.... :)

Geelong tall Nathan Kreuger has told the Cats he wants to explore other opportunities during this year’s trade period with Collingwood expected to be his preferred destination.

Sauce- The Age

So confused how Collingwood get anything done. With the facts that they will have there entire draft hand eaten up by diacos and a super tight salary cap 🤔

Acres probably the only one that has probably fallen away to the point where he won't play much in the future. Newnes is the type you move on from, he's a good soldier type in a role that a kid could take. He's still handy though. Bruce and Hind are both poor choices to let go for very little return. Dunstan came in and helped turn us around and he makes our depth worse at the very least. Our midfield is below average compared to others and we are further weakening it.

Hind was never best 22 at St Kilda, and nothing I have seen would suggest otherwise. Yes, he has great pace, and being at the dopers he is now a superstar, but he would still be a long way down the list as a back at St Kilda. He's not being picked ahead of Paton, Webster, Clark, Coffield or DMac.

Bruce I also feel would not be best 22 at St Kilda, largely for structural issues. He would however, be fantastic depth - just not for the money and length of contract he wanted.

All of these guys ultimately left of their own choice for more opportunity. They may have disagreed with the club about where they should sit in the depth chart, but who isn't a bit disgruntled if they're told that they are only depth.

Sam Skinner perhaps? Haven't heard of any link to Saints at any point though

The state league might be the way to go. Skinner was great on the weekend.

I know Schlong was quiet forward on the weekend but he dominated the first half of the year before going forward. He even had some big games forward but has just dropped off the last few weeks.

No one knows what has been said behind closed doors , the club would not say anything to put down Dunstan but we do know Dunstan has already made his feelings known to the media what he feels - him saying not listening to the coaches and playing on instincts would of went down well and that kind of attitude grows if you don't nip it in the bud it can spread.
Did he follow instructions in the game against the Cats , no one knows but if he said he is playing on his instincts and not listening to the coach it could well be the reason he was dropped for the last game.
Or was it his 8 clangers , 6 turnovers from his 20 touches the reason.

No one knows.

Thats not how free agency works.

And Dunstan’s dreams weren’t blocked by anything else but his dodgy left foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are no rules for Free Agency it is a magic formula but my point was everyone knows we aren't going to offer him a contract so why make an offer just wait and pick him up as a delisted free agent seems like his only suitor doesn't even plan to do that just want to Rookie him. No chance we get compensated.

As for his dreams you are right that is one big reason and the decision was right for the club but I still feel for the guy he tried his guts out and there are plenty worse players still getting a game in the AFL his frustration is not unique in AFL or any level of football. It is a tough spot having a boss that doesn't believe in you.

Krueger would be guaranteed a game at the Pies, they have Darcy Cameron a make shift forward as their main target. They’re also pretty light on for key back depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hind was never best 22 at St Kilda, and nothing I have seen would suggest otherwise. Yes, he has great pace, and being at the dopers he is now a superstar, but he would still be a long way down the list as a back at St Kilda. He's not being picked ahead of Paton, Webster, Clark, Coffield or DMac.

Bruce I also feel would not be best 22 at St Kilda, largely for structural issues. He would however, be fantastic depth - just not for the money and length of contract he wanted.

All of these guys ultimately left of their own choice for more opportunity. They may have disagreed with the club about where they should sit in the depth chart, but who isn't a bit disgruntled if they're told that they are only depth.

I'm not interested in debating you troll. Piss off back to your own forum.

I'll be very surprised if Matt Allison is ready to hold down a key position role at AFL level next year unfortunately.

I only see Joyce as depth but he might surprise.

Battle we seem to prefer on the wing for some odd reason.

Yeah I think you're right. Battle (193) a bit undersized and misplaced. Joyce (194) not overly tall either. Allison (195) years away from eventually being delisted.

Maybe it's the defensive group that overcomes it's lack of height as a collective, given most of these guys are the same height and offer the most offensively with intercepting and rebounding.

Howard (199)
Wilkie (191)
Highmore (193)
Coffield (191)

Can Skinner shut down a big key back? he's 24 and one ACL away from never playing again right?

We probably need a developing Key Back on our list who has the physical make-up of being a 1v1 defender and also has the offensive attributes. Bazzo and Van Rooyan both are this and would be around the mark in the second round.

Makes me think how lucky we were to recruit Howard.

Yeah I think you're right. Battle (193) a bit undersized and misplaced. Joyce (194) not overly tall either. Allison (195) years away from eventually being delisted.

Maybe it's the defensive group that overcomes it's lack of height as a collective, given most of these guys are the same height and offer the most offensively with intercepting and rebounding.

Howard (199)
Wilkie (191)
Highmore (193)
Coffield (191)

Can Skinner shut down a big key back? he's 24 and one ACL away from never playing again right?

We probably need a developing Key Back on our list who has the physical make-up of being a 1v1 defender and also has the offensive attributes. Bazzo and Van Rooyan both are this and would be around the mark in the second round.

Makes me think how lucky we were to recruit Howard.
Bookmark it - may as well trade Battle now. He's redundant.

Allison will be a star.

Quality from the SANFL social media dude.

He killed it Saturday. I'd be happy to take a risk, we'd lose nothing.

Was it Stewart66 that was keen on him?

Looks great but 3 acl's including one done in a non contact training drill.

Leek Aleer.
Leek more of a third tall isnt he? Also requires drafting
No doubt Skinner is a risk with his ACL history but for a free stab via DFA seems like a good option imo.
Also at 197cm and 96kg or there abouts should be able to play a KPD role as well as the interceptor. Some good body work amongst his marking

Luke seems to be pissed off with selection integrity where guys like Hill had zero standards to meet where his bar was set differently......which most of us were pissed off with too.
yeah let's play dunstan off a wing, rotate him through half back flank maybe, should be good, will win game

Last edited:
Bookmark it - may as well trade Battle now. He's redundant.

Allison will be a star.
Battle is at the age and with 50 games under his belt to make a big impact next year , with him on the last year of his contract - he is one guy I wouldn't like to see go - feel we have not scratched the surface of what this kid has got.
But leave it up to the management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back