25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the Saints TV Facebook post and jumped straight on BigFooty. 10+ new pages on the trade thread, I thought there must been a media announcement and that I'd have some nice meaty, robust discussion about Ladhams to peruse over the evening.

To say I was disappointed after reading the 10th new page in a row about Luke Dunstan is an understatement.

Jon Ralph reported yesterday that we are looking for a cheap, back-up type rather than someone more expensive like Ladhams, so I would take this with a grain of salt for now like any 'inside info' that appears on a Facebook page.
Some say take what Jon Ralph says with a grain of salt.

On DUB-LX2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have a gun half back, #35.
Hind has speed. Sincs offers speed, very good footy IQ and great use of the ball by foot.
There is no comparison.
Stating there is no comparison is not correct. Both players had very good years at their respective clubs. Not a stats debate but both had similar figures. Hind was widely lauded by most football analysts for his performances this year. They cant all be wrong surely? Sinclair was widely praised as well for his good year.

Look at things objectively.

Love Saints TV but I'm not too sure of how legitimate this is since there's been very little reporting on any mutual interest between us and Ladhams. If it's true though I think it's gonna be pretty interesting! Wouldn't mind him for once Paddy's done.

View attachment 1242412

Surely Ladhams would play more forward. Marshall is proven in the ruck.

Stating there is no comparison is not correct. Both players had very good years at their respective clubs. Not a stats debate but both had similar figures. Hind was widely lauded by most football analysts for his performances this year. They cant all be wrong surely? Sinclair was widely praised as well for his good year.

Look at things objectively.

I am. And I still believe Sinclair is a far smarter user of the ball.
His run out of the backline and entry into inside 50 are superior by my eye test.

My family are Bombers supporters so I probably watched all of his games. I didn’t say he couldn’t play, he was very good - but for me Sincs shows more.

Last edited:
I'm not saying they weren't but more that they don't have to be tall. We currently have Members, Sharman, King, Snags (plays a lead up game as well as the more crumbing role), Marshall drops back and we're bringing in B King. I'm not sure you can play all of this guys in one forward line. Still have to fit some smaller types in to the front 6.
It wont work

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fully expect some good listed contracted players will be moved on and there are still a lot of players that are waiting on trade period
Ross , Dunstan , Lonie and that's just our list - Gold Coast want to unload Brodie , Constable wants a new home , SPS wants to go to WCE ,
Finlayson wants out of GWS , Wiedeman will be moving , Brander still waiting to see what happens , Riccardi was wanting out.
Still plenty going to happen.
But are they the lonies, Ross and Dunstans of those clubs? Nothing jumping out at me there, probably Finlayson but we dont want that type. Dont want to end up with list cloggers.

Hind finished 8th in Bombers B&F. Happy for him.

Sinclair second in ours?
So what is the question? Probably need to look at the Bombers midfield which is reasonably strong including Stringer, so he was never going to finish top 5. They made the finals as well and beaten by the team which could be the GF winners next week. So fair to say he was in a stronger team.

I feel Ladhams would be a good get but how much are they willing to trade for him.
Yes, he is one that does stand out. Most clubs are generally getting by with one ruckman but every year they are in demand. They do seem to get injured a lot and clubs are often left short. Not sure if he would fit in the forward line- too many talls is not a formula for success. He would cost a bit I would think but seems a good type. Unless he is prepared to spend 10 games in the magoos then its a no.

Yes, he is one that does stand out. Most clubs are generally getting by with one ruckman but every year they are in demand. They do seem to get injured a lot and clubs are often left short. Not sure if he would fit in the forward line- too many talls is not a formula for success. He would cost a bit I would think but seems a good type. Unless he is prepared to spend 10 games in the magoos then its a no.
It could be the right decision or the wrong one , all depends how many games Ryder can play next season.
If Ryder breaks down Ladhams will most probably take the number one spot and Marshall move to CHF.

It could be the right decision or the wrong one , all depends how many games Ryder can play next season.
If Ryder breaks down Ladhams will most probably take the number one spot and Marshall move to CHF.
Have suggested Marshall for CHF for ages. The scenario you suggest would be the perfect way out. I think Ryder is tougher than people think and he might hang on for a while yet which would put a spanner in the works- ala 3 ruckmen.

So what is the question? Probably need to look at the Bombers midfield which is reasonably strong including Stringer, so he was never going to finish top 5. They made the finals as well and beaten by the team which could be the GF winners next week. So fair to say he was in a stronger team.

No question. Just genuinely forgot where Sinclair finished.

I think trading Hind was a win-win. We got the best out of Sinclair, they got the best out of Hind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back