25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
You would also have to question how a ruck about to hit his prime would be excited to move from 2nd in the pecking order to 3rd. Especially when there are other clubs he could go to and be the number 1 from rd1.

You'd be pretty sure that Ryder won't play 23 games and Marshall and him would share the ruck the rest of the time. I doubt that would be his major concern. 12 months at best for Paddy and by that time he should be primed to take over. If we are getting King though it just makes zero sense to have so many talls. One of the Kings would have to back up ruck IMO or it's just too much of an imbalance. Marshall would have to be the prime ruck. We'd still probably have to let a tall forward go. Unless they think that they can trade Marshall out for overs it seems to be a weird move.

I don't think Ladhams goes anywhere.

It was common knowledge Sydney asked the question last year when they were chasing Aliir.

Now Dawson says he wants to go to SA, and Port with very little draft capital come out and say Ladhams is up? Coincidence? I don't think so.

Since then, Dawson has nominated Adelaide, so it's completely blown up in their face, hence why I don't think he is going anywhere.

The only other thought is if they are wanting Hayes to start getting regular game time, but he presents as a Lycett replacement more than anything, and he can't be far from retired, can he?

You'd be pretty sure that Ryder won't play 23 games and Marshall and him would share the ruck the rest of the time. I doubt that would be his major concern. 12 months at best for Paddy and by that time he should be primed to take over. If we are getting King though it just makes zero sense to have so many talls. One of the Kings would have to back up ruck IMO or it's just too much of an imbalance. Marshall would have to be the prime ruck. We'd still probably have to let a tall forward go. Unless they think that they can trade Marshall out for overs it seems to be a weird move.
Marshall isnt being traded. We are already in discussions for a very healthy contract extension for him.

If you look at Marshall as a 2nd tall forward we've got Ryder (1 year at best), PHunter (break glass in emergency) and Heath (2/3 years away from it).

They'll be looking at anyone who they see as a cheap upgrade on PHunter or pay for a better ruck/forward as a bridge between Ryder and Heath.
Bing just doesn’t fit if we’re moving forward with two rucks.

wow earthquake and a proper one wtf

Told him if he stayed at Port, he would only ever be a forward when Dougal wanted to be a defender.
That is what he was originally told and Howard was still happy to stay.

The club then told him at the next meeting it would be in his best interest if he foubd another club.

“Dougs was fine with that and said: ‘Look, I think I’m a better defender but I’ll do whatever I can to become the best forward I can.’

“He had a follow-up conversation a bit later with Crippa (Jason Cripps, Port Adelaide list manager), he said: ‘Look, we think it’s in Dougs’ best interest if he wants to go and have a look elsewhere. We’d be open if the deal was good enough for the club we would look at

Rare that someone would leave because they’re going to get played as a forward instead of a defender. Doogs a different breed and I love him
Wasnt that Carlisle as well?

To be fair, he's very rarely been played as the only ruck so his hit outs will never be high.

His ruck work is ok from what I've watched of him but it's not outstanding. He's a similar type to Marshall where he can quickly become another midfielder when the ball hits the deck and good around the ground and forward.

I just don't like the idea of giving up a good price for a ruckman right now when we have bigger needs and we would be able to find a back up on the cheap.
Cheap and nasty, that is what you get. You want someone who can play well on the odd occasion- take some grabs, kick a goal or two and fill the void when the main ruck is injured.

Well this year any of the injured players. Alternatively Billings/Jones/Ross with Jones moving into the ball exclusively.

Yep. But now we’ll have Gresh, Paton and Clark coming back. He would have been superfluous.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is what he was originally told and Howard was still happy to stay.

The club then told him at the next meeting it would be in his best interest if he foubd another club.

“Dougs was fine with that and said: ‘Look, I think I’m a better defender but I’ll do whatever I can to become the best forward I can.’

“He had a follow-up conversation a bit later with Crippa (Jason Cripps, Port Adelaide list manager), he said: ‘Look, we think it’s in Dougs’ best interest if he wants to go and have a look elsewhere. We’d be open if the deal was good enough for the club we would look at

Well their loss is our gain.

No one knows what has been said behind closed doors , the club would not say anything to put down Dunstan but we do know Dunstan has already made his feelings known to the media what he feels - him saying not listening to the coaches and playing on instincts would of went down well and that kind of attitude grows if you don't nip it in the bud it can spread.
Did he follow instructions in the game against the Cats , no one knows but if he said he is playing on his instincts and not listening to the coach it could well be the reason he was dropped for the last game.
Or was it his 8 clangers , 6 turnovers from his 20 touches the reason.

No one knows.
Others itk hve a said a few times he refuses to follow team rules.

Watching dunstan play, he wants to be the Bont when the club needs him to play like libba. I think that was his downfall in the end and fair enough, if he doesn’t listen to the coach he has to go.

Hind was never best 22 at St Kilda, and nothing I have seen would suggest otherwise. Yes, he has great pace, and being at the dopers he is now a superstar, but he would still be a long way down the list as a back at St Kilda. He's not being picked ahead of Paton, Webster, Clark, Coffield or DMac.

Bruce I also feel would not be best 22 at St Kilda, largely for structural issues. He would however, be fantastic depth - just not for the money and length of contract he wanted.

All of these guys ultimately left of their own choice for more opportunity. They may have disagreed with the club about where they should sit in the depth chart, but who isn't a bit disgruntled if they're told that they are only depth.
Hind is absolutely not a superstar FFS

The team operates better with the 2 ruckman, even ratten is saying that. Most people are predicting Ryder to play half a year and that is without an injury. hence the "looking forward" for another ruckman. Will it happen, who knows?
Completely depends on the ruck. Marshall and Ryder 2 rucks work.
marshall and hunter?:sick:

Really..?
You can play both king boys forward
Ladhams in ruck
Marshall forward and rover
Bing can play way up the field as a marking link option, which means our ruckman may be able to defend for a change and help the defence.
Pretty much use three players to do what Gawn does all by himself

I think he'll end up a good ruck who can go forward but he's a project still. He's second ruck to Lycett so I imagine he's only getting high hitouts when Lycett is out. At 23 most ruck aren't even playing so you have to project a few years. I think he's good around the ground and probably a bit better at tap work that Marshall but less mobile. We don't need more talls though.

Goober is only 22.

Yes, and that's the problem they face. I cant see a problem if they get a good deal for Ladhams. He would have to be value as time rolls on.
Get Ladhams and if we get Ben King next year and the feeling is that Ladhams is now extra just put him on the market.
And if we don't get Ben King we still have a good ruckman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back