List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2021 offseason edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2021 season is officially done and dusted.

It’s time now to fully turn our attention to the off season and what we can do through the trade period/draft to chase down Melbourne in 2022.

List and personnel changes have already been made and I’ll update this OP as and when any further changes are made.

As it stands these are our official list changes :

Out -
• Venables (R) - retired
• Vardy - retired
• Hutchings (R) - delisted
• Ah Chee (R) - delisted
• Ainsworth - delisted
• Johnson - delisted
• Collins (R) - delisted
• Brander - cluster*
• Cameron - retired/delisted not that it was officially acknowledged by the club
• Sheppard - retired

Inactive listed -
• Cole
• Chesser

In -
• Petrevski-Seton - traded for pick 52
• Chesser - Pick 14
• Hough - Pick 31
• Bazzo - Pick 37
• Williams (Jack) - Pick 57
• Clark - Pick 62
• Dixon - SSP
• Joyce - SSP
• Strnadica - SSP
• Naish - SSP

Players on main list - 37 (Including 2 inactive)
Players on rookie list - 7

Future trade picks :
In - Port Adelaide future 2nd
Out - Future 4th

Assistant Coaches :
• Out - Graham, Hickmott
• In - Schofield (Strategy and Stoppage), Knights (Midfield), Wiley (WAFL coach), Brennan (development)

Link to contract status of all players -

Last edited:
The good thing is that we as plebs need not worry about who gets the nod, as thats what the Coaches are paid to do.

What is extremely pleasing ,IMO, is that we have one ( possibly two depending on Shep ) spots available and we are being thorough and getting prospective, "add ons", into the system, all be it briefly and then being able to do a final and comparative assessments, to determine " who " talent wise and positionally get the spot/s up for grabs.

This off season we appear to being doing things a bit smarter. :thumbsu:

I agree but still...
Make Your Choice Option GIF - Make Your Choice Option Decide Now - Discover  & Share GIFs

So at this stage all the "Train On" players are as follows:

Tom Joyce. 181 cm 85 kg - Midfielder.

download-19.jpg

Kade Dittmar. 186 cm 90 kg- Midfielder.

images-8.jpg

Josh Browne. 185 cm 78 kg - Midfielder.

download-15.jpg

Logan Young. 190 cm 85 kg - Midfielder.

download-20.jpg

Luke Strnadica. 203 cm 103 kg - Ruckman.

images-7.jpg

Love that all the prospects are looking West. ;)

Last edited:

Is Strnadica better than post GF Vardy?

It would be hard to be worse.

I love the contribution that Vardy made in the GF year, we did well getting his " best ever " year of football from him in Eagles Colours 💙💛, sadly after that season he was never the same.

Truth of he matter .............. with out Vardy ......... we don't win in 2018.

Salute Drago. 🥂

Sad to say but 95% of people on this site would have no idea who this hero is. They don't teach this anymore!

And mores the shame.
Sadly their loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to be that person and say that Simpson's donkey is still taught in high school.

High school? It's still taught in primary school. What else are they going to teach the 6 year olds about when ANZAC Day comes around? The gradual decline of the Austro-Hungarian empire? How military tactics failed to keep pace with technological developments in warfare? The bitter debate about conscription? Nope. It's the cute hero donkey.

Strnadica seems obvious to get the call, unless he tanks it at training and Bailey/Jamieson make him look like a pleb.

Comes down to Dittmah vs Young for mine. Ditty has injury concerns, Young is an overeager (we love those) and is slow as Priddis

However, Dittmah DID do that fend off that one time :think:

Strnadica seems obvious to get the call, unless he tanks it at training and Bailey/Jamieson make him look like a pleb.

Comes down to Dittmah vs Young for mine. Ditty has injury concerns, Young is an overeager (we love those) and is slow as Priddis

However, Dittmah DID do that fend off that one time :think:
Has anyone heard how Trew is developing. Has he grown? How does he compare with the new crop?

So how many spots do we have left to fill?

Caught an article on interweb https://apple.news/AFLG07YhGSZKWzmyp418Apw

The WCE relevant section is below

IMG_0687.JPG

This article indicates we have three spaces left 2 of which need to be Cat B.

According to AFL website the definition of Cat B rookies does not cover the players we are supposedly looking at as train ons.

Any clarification from my learned colleagues here would be gratefully received.

View attachment 1291865

According to AFL website the definition of Cat B rookies does not cover the players we are supposedly looking at as train ons.

1 more space will open up when Shep pulls the pin.

View attachment 1291865

Cat B now is any player undrafted out of our NGA or anyone who hasn't played football for 3 years at any level.

We have 1 open list spot, 2 if Shep retires.

I want to see Strnadica training up against not only Nicnat but also directly against Williams and Jamieson. Then have list management let Nicnat make the call.

If we don't take Strnadica i'd be looking at Dittmar and Browne seen as we don't seem to be interested in Bailey Rogers. Dittmar comes from a non elite pathway, had a injury in 2020 limiting his output and was basically WA's lead mid in the state games. He might not have blown them apart like Sheldrick did but he has a much higher ceiling IMO than Browne.

Browne is worth a look, but his kicking needs genuine assessment as it has let him down and athletically i'm not sure he can make it at AFL level. Forget his 0-20 time, I want to see top speed, repeat sprint tests and agility run tests. You can get away with a slow 0-20 like Clark if you have a good top speed. You can also get away with it as an inside mid if you have good agility and repeat sprints. Browne worries me in the same way as Hammer did. Athletically just not up to AFL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back