Preview Changes & prematch discussion vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zurhaar for Curtis/Ford. Ford is more like for like and has the leg speed. Curtis in would mean a reshuffle as he doesn’t have the tank for a half forward.

Maybe Atu for Bergman, but I rather we persist with Atu as that lockdown small.
Tbh I think dropping Atu after that game might heck his confidence for good. He’s out of contract, he wasn’t too bad, we need a good look at him. He stays in I reckon.

Expecting him back soon.

Tarryn Thomas is looking to accelerate his return from internal bruising and could be in contention to return to the side as soon as Round 6.

Initially slated for up to eight weeks on the sidelines, Thomas' recovery is progressing well and he's made a return to light training duties.

"Tarryn was able to do a bit of training today which was good. All things going well he'd be perhaps an outside chance to play next week, but most likely the week after (Round 7 against Carlton)."

Tbh I think dropping Atu after that game might fu** his confidence for good. He’s out of contract, he wasn’t too bad, we need a good look at him. He stays in I reckon.

He was solid, deserves to hold his spot.

Ford for Zurhaar the only change for me. Bonar drops down to the VFL to get a full game in.

Wasn't that concussion protocols from the Swans game? So he'll be available this weekend, presumably?

Dunno. I heard it mentioned in a news report when they showed footage of Keath, going on to add “with Cordy also out injured”.

The Bulldogs have picked up a handful of injuries over the past week, including hamstring setbacks for Keath and Vandermeer. Keath looks set to spend longer on the sidelines in a blow to the Dogs' defence. Cordy will return this week from concussion, while Hannan faces a test after falling ill last week and not playing at any level. Scott had migraine symptoms in the third quarter of the loss to the Tigers so will be monitored this week.- Cal Twomey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

north-melbourne.jpg

The reinforcements are coming for the Kangaroos, but they won't arrive in time for a Good Friday fixture against the Bulldogs. Jed Anderson is expected to play limited minutes in the VFL this weekend after returning from a two-month conditioning block, while youngster Will Phillips should also return for his first competitive game of the season in the reserves after overcoming a glandular fever diagnosis. Tom Powell is also a chance to be fit after a minor calf issue, but will also likely return through the VFL. Expect at least one change for this weekend, with Cam Zurhaar going into the AFL's 12-day concussion protocols. Eddie Ford, back from the League's health and safety protocols, could be his replacement.

R4 medical sub: Aiden Bonar (replaced Cameron Zurhaar)

Verdict: Ford to replace Zurhaar

north-melbourne.jpg

The reinforcements are coming for the Kangaroos, but they won't arrive in time for a Good Friday fixture against the Bulldogs. Jed Anderson is expected to play limited minutes in the VFL this weekend after returning from a two-month conditioning block, while youngster Will Phillips should also return for his first competitive game of the season in the reserves after overcoming a glandular fever diagnosis. Tom Powell is also a chance to be fit after a minor calf issue, but will also likely return through the VFL. Expect at least one change for this weekend, with Cam Zurhaar going into the AFL's 12-day concussion protocols. Eddie Ford, back from the League's health and safety protocols, could be his replacement.

R4 medical sub: Aiden Bonar (replaced Cameron Zurhaar)

Verdict: Ford to replace Zurhaar

Damn you’re quick bro

Ford for Zurhaar, but won't be surprised if we see a debutant. What's happening with Goater?

can hopefully notch our second (??) good Friday win.

After watching the game and thinking about it, Jack was good but not sure how well he can replicate it as 3 goals were from frees. Not sure he will be the marking presence we still lack. So I would bring in Comben, play alongside Larkey with Jack as the third tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back